gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided
Get ready for a peak at the second issue of Ultimate X. I did enjoy the first issue and I can't wait to see what happens next. It's unfortunate that we've had to wait so long but I am willing to wait for Arthur Adams art. Plus since we weren't exactly in the middle of a high octane story, I'm okay with the wait. We're still in the stages of getting to know the characters that will be involved. Hopefully the book will get on a more consistent schedule because I am looking forward to seeing more.

Issue two will be on sale April 7. It's written by Jeph Loeb with pencils and cover by Arthur Adams. A second printing for the first issue is on sale now.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By cmaprice

So, Karen is Jean? I haven't kept up on Ultimate X-Men.

CKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CKO
@cmaprice: That's what's being implied here. But I've never read the Ultimate X title. I might have to pick it up.
cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cmaprice
@CKO: Yeah, I got the implications, but seeing as I haven't kept up on Ultimate X-Men, I didn't know if there was an Ultimate Madeline Pryor running around or anything wacky like that. It just seemed her being Jean was a bit too straightforward.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By pixelized

We need to have a talk about that outfit

Knox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Knox

Who is she?

CKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CKO
@cmaprice: I completely agree. If Jimmy is Wovlie's son, maybe she is a daughter of Scott and Jean? Weren't they together in this universe?
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pixelized
@CKO said:
" @cmaprice: I completely agree. If Jimmy is Wovlie's son, maybe she is a daughter of Scott and Jean? Weren't they together in this universe? "
She's the daughter of Scott and Jean, but she's the same age as Kitty Pryde who was only 3 years younger than Scott and Jean?
I think you're right.

@cmaprice said:
" @CKO: Yeah, I got the implications, but seeing as I haven't kept up on Ultimate X-Men, I didn't know if there was an Ultimate Madeline Pryor running around or anything wacky like that. It just seemed her being Jean was a bit too straightforward. "

There wasn't.

@Knox said:
" Who is she? "

Karen Grant
iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By iLLituracy

Sarcasm win.

CKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CKO
@pixelized said:
" @CKO said:
" @cmaprice: I completely agree. If Jimmy is Wovlie's son, maybe she is a daughter of Scott and Jean? Weren't they together in this universe? "
She's the daughter of Scott and Jean, but she's the same age as Kitty Pryde who was only 3 years younger than Scott and Jean?
I think you're right.

I haven't read Ultimate, so I was only asking if it were possible; I did not know she was the same age as Kitty.
Benzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Benzo

I thought it would be ultimate psylocke , looks like I'm wrong lol

grifter78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 159

#11  Edited By grifter78

oooooo, fan service.  ;p
Crackdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crackdown

It looks to me like she Scotts kid, but maybe it was with another woman we don't know about. I mean, I doubt Jean was Scotts first

messiahsjedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By messiahsjedi

It's obviously Jean Grey.  She has telekinetic powers, she's dyeing her hair, she has Cyclop's visor, she's crying while holding it...why in the world are you asking who is this or speculating she's the daughter to Scott and/or Jean?  They would have had to been children upon conceiving her.  Come on.
brewski420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 123

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By brewski420

scott is like 19 or 20. how could he have like a 16 year old daughter?
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pixelized
@Benzo said:

" I thought it would be ultimate psylocke , looks like I'm wrong lol "

She died, twice.

@messiahsjedi said:

" It's obviously Jean Grey.  She has telekinetic powers, she's dyeing her hair, she has Cyclop's visor, she's crying while holding it...why in the world are you asking who is this or speculating she's the daughter to Scott and/or Jean?  They would have had to been children upon conceiving her.  Come on. "

Ultimate Jean also made dead people appear in her bedroom

Sarcasm^4

For all we know Miss Grant also has history with Scott, no biggie.
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By John Valentine
Scott and Jean were only about twenty when Ultimatum took place. There is no way that they could have a teenage daughter together, as Pix pointed out, who is the same age as Kitty, being only a few years older than her.  

I think it's obvious that "Karen" is actually Jean.  
Jean survived Ultimatum and has not been seen since. 
  • Her telepathic powers would have enabled her to alter the memories of those around her, making them think she moved to Baltimore years prior, as this security-guard narrator believes. He also compares her to an ex-film star, or whatever.... blatant reference to her being in the X-Men previously.
  • She has green eyes (like Jean), and dyes her hair from its natural colour to black. 
  • She's telekinetic.
  • This would explain the reason why "Karen" reacts the way she does to touching Cyclops' visor - Jean and Cyke shared a special relationship, etc, etc. She is evidently sad and there seems to be some sort of psychic backlash effect - again, plausible considering Jean's telepathic powers. 
  • On that note, why would a random girl have Cylops' visor? Ha. Why would a random girl have the magazine cover from Ultimate X-Men #13?
    Raziel3024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Raziel3024

I was right, it's Jean!
    The magazine is a nice touch.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By danhimself

I have a problem with it being Jean....the very first text bubble on the very first page says "I met Karen about 3 years ago.  She had just moved to Baltimore."

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pixelized
    @Raziel3024 said:
    " I was right, it's Jean! The magazine is a nice touch. "
    Marvel emailed you a confirmation?

@John Valentine said:
    " Scott and Jean were only about twenty when Ultimatum took place. There is no way that they could have a teenage daughter together, as Pix pointed out, who is the same age as Kitty, being only a few years older than her.  

I think it's obvious that "Karen" is actually Jean.  

Jean survived Ultimatum and has not been seen since. 
  • Her telepathic powers would have enabled her to alter the memories of those around her, making them think she moved to Baltimore years prior, as this security-guard narrator believes. He also compares her to an ex-film star, or whatever.... blatant reference to her being in the X-Men previously.
  • She has green eyes (like Jean), and dyes her hair from its natural colour to black. 
  • She's telekinetic.
  • This would explain the reason why "Karen" reacts the way she does to touching Cyclops' visor - Jean and Cyke shared a special relationship, etc, etc. She is evidently sad and there seems to be some sort of psychic backlash effect - again, plausible considering Jean's telepathic powers. 
  • On that note, why would a random girl have Cylops' visor? Ha. Why would a random girl have the magazine cover from Ultimate X-Men #13?
  • "
    Whomever is narrating says they met Sarah 3 years ago... Jean was an X-Man at that time, not masquerading as a random. And i'd like to give Loeb more creativity than jean pulling a Mystique.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By danhimself
    @pixelized: good job on being the only person here who read the preview
    bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By bingbangboom

Yeah she is Jean but still looks interesting, even with the whole "gothy" look. I really liked Ultimate X-Men initially and then like the rest of the Ultimate Universe, sort of got out of control.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By John Valentine
    @pixelized said:

Whomever is narrating says they met Sarah 3 years ago... Jean was an X-Man at that time, not masquerading as a random. And i'd like to give Loeb more creativity than jean pulling a Mystique. "

*Karen. 
    Yes, he thinks he met this woman three years ago - this might not be true. A high-level telepath like Jean could have implanted fake memories etc.
    She bares a ridiculously close resemblance to Jean and a deep connection the the old UXM team. 

@danhimself said:

" @pixelized: good job on being the only person here who read the preview "

I read the preview....
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By danhimself
    @John Valentine: sorry John
    messiahsjedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By messiahsjedi

The narrator said he met "Karen" 3 years ago in Baltimore?  It's possible then that Jean implanted that memory.  Just a thought.  Or could it be a clone of Jean with her memories implanted in her, like an Ultimate Madelyne Pryor?
    Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bandito

Why does this girl have her towel wrapped around her waist instead of her chest?

Avatar image for sapphire_warlock
    Sapphire Warlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By Sapphire Warlock

Wow, I love how there's so much debate about who this girl is. If you use logic, it's obviously Jean Grey. Yes, she implanted fake memories in their minds. She's a Telepath, one of the worlds best. She's also a Telekinetic. Come on now.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pixelized
    @John Valentine said:
    " @pixelized said:

Whomever is narrating says they met Sarah 3 years ago... Jean was an X-Man at that time, not masquerading as a random. And i'd like to give Loeb more creativity than jean pulling a Mystique. "

*Karen. 
    Yes, he thinks he met this woman three years ago - this might not be true. A high-level telepath like Jean could have implanted fake memories etc.
    She bares a ridiculously close resemblance to Jean and a deep connection the the old UXM team. 

@danhimself said:

I read the preview.... "
    ooops.

I find it hard to believe that Jean/Karen would implant fake memories but leave the rest of her, as the Narrator says, "a mystery." Why not just create an entire fake childhood/life with the town? She has green eyes, that's not a close resemblance. She could be an entirely new character who will be revealed to having had a history with the X-ers. we shall see.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By John Valentine
    @pixelized said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    " @pixelized said:

*Karen. 

@danhimself said:

I read the preview.... "
    ooops.  I find it hard to believe that Jean/Karen would implant fake memories but leave the rest of her, as the Narrator says, "a mystery." Why not just create an entire fake childhood/life with the town? She has green eyes, that's not a close resemblance. She could be an entirely new character who will be revealed to having had a history with the X-ers. we shall see. "
    I'm sure it would be easier for her to recreate, with success, a smaller time-span of memories than to recreate her whole life. Three years would probably be the number of years she spent with the X-Men - why would she want to pretend her prior life did not exist too?  

She has green eyes, she's dyed her hair, she has the same type of physique that Ultimate Jean had.... 
    She also has TK, probable TP and a (personal?) connection to Cyclops (she is in possession of his visor and after touching it is struck by the vision of those who died in Ultimatum - Jean survived Ultimatum. She knew these deceased characters.) and the other X-Men.  

Yea, I pretty much summed it up before....
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By pixelized
    @John Valentine said:
    " @pixelized said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    " @pixelized said:

*Karen. 

@danhimself said:

I read the preview.... "
    ooops.  I find it hard to believe that Jean/Karen would implant fake memories but leave the rest of her, as the Narrator says, "a mystery." Why not just create an entire fake childhood/life with the town? She has green eyes, that's not a close resemblance. She could be an entirely new character who will be revealed to having had a history with the X-ers. we shall see. "
    I'm sure it would be easier for her to recreate, with success, a smaller time-span of memories than to recreate her whole life. Three years would probably be the number of years she spent with the X-Men - why would she want to pretend her prior life did not exist too?   She has green eyes, she's dyed her hair, she has the same type of physique that Ultimate Jean had.... She also has TK, probable TP and a (personal?) connection to Cyclops (she is in possession of his visor and after touching it is struck by the vision of those who died in Ultimatum - Jean survived Ultimatum. She knew these deceased characters.) and the other X-Men.   Yea, I pretty much summed it up before.... "
    A.) You gave her TP that she may not even have.
    B.) Why would she drop out of the sky and change someone's memories to knowing them for three years? why not further back? why not submerge herself in this new life she's creating (if it is even Jean) instead of just getting her feet wet?

The only resemblance are the green eyes. let's not forget it's a comic so unless we're comparing Blob to Psylocke, we aren't going to see too many defined physiques. For all we know her hair is just as Green as her eyes and she's dying it to not appear abnormal. She could very well be a former girlfriend of Cyclops, or a sister that Loeb decided to create. The beauty of a writer writing a story is how they can come up with twist that we couldn't even fathom for we are not thinking the same way they are.
    Avatar image for magnetowasright
    MagnetoWasRight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MagnetoWasRight
    It's obviously Jean. 
    The huge "reveal" of Wolverine's son last issue was just as predictable from the preview released for it. 

All in all, this series already sucks. 
    crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By crazed_h3ro

"I see Dead people" LOL XD JK
    So Karen is Jean...didn't see that coming.So geting this

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By sora_thekey

I thought it was Jean... but that "3 years" bit does throw me off... implanted memories seem to be the logical explination... 

is it me or does she look a little young to be Jean? 
    Avatar image for the_sharp_dressed_lady
    The Sharp Dressed Lady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to pick this up. That artwork alone is worth more than a movie ticket.

When comics go to digital readers, they'll need to display what art like that can show off.

spiderboy68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By spiderboy68

Okay so the majority think that she is Jean. It's possible but I think it's a little too obvious. I think it could be Jean or another character not seen since Ultimatum. It could be Wanda Maximoff aka the Scarlet Witch. I know shes dead but at the end of Ultimatum it is implied that she is the one Quicksilver is talking to after Scott is murdered. Her magical powers could easily be passed off as telekinis. She could even be Rogue borrowing Jeans powers. Or just some new character obsessed with Cyclops.

Scylla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#35  Edited By Scylla

The first Ultimate Comics X was interesting.Kara indeed may be Jean or at least an incarnation of her.
     Looking forward to read this.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By pixelized
    faceless253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By faceless253

Having read it and know what the deal is, I don't want to ruin it, but I will say that some of you are on, and alot of you are off. But a quick aside to those who ask how Karen Grant could be Scott and Jean's daughter, look to Cable. He was their son (well, it was a jean gray clone, but thats besides the point), sent to the future where he could be cured of a sickness he had, and then grew up and was sent back in time to before he was born.