Posted by inferiorego (25733 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

He’s back! That Marvelous Mallard. That Foul Fowl. We’re talking about the one and only Howard the Duck – coming to you this November for a brand-new HOWARD THE DUCK #1! Don’t miss your chance to jump on board the series the world is talking about before they keep talking about it without you! Along with his shape shifting companion Tara Tam and new office administrator Aunt May, he’ll take on the hard cases no mere man nor duck will touch.

Plus, don’t miss a special backup story featuring the highly anticipated debut of Gwenpool! Written by Christopher Hastings with art by Danilo Beyruth – be there as this new character makes her way to the Marvel Universe for the very first time. It’s all happening this November in the can’t miss HOWARD THE DUCK #1!

HOWARD THE DUCK #1 (SEP150773)

Written by CHIP ZDARSKY

Art & Cover by JOE QUINONES

Variant Covers by JOE QUINONES (SEP150774), DAVID AJA (SEP150775),

BOB MCLEOD (SEP150777)

Gwenpool Variant by RON LIM (JUL158701)

Hip-Hop Variant by JUAN DOE (SEP150776)

Movie Variant by YASMINE PUTRI (SEP150778)

FOC – 10/12/15, On-Sale – 11/04/15

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Staff
#1 Posted by Stahlflamme (5602 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is the X-girl that turns into a monster?

#2 Posted by Batman3000 (5644 posts) - - Show Bio

Loving all the variants.

#3 Edited by Mucklefluga (2653 posts) - - Show Bio

The more the Zdarsky the merrier the comics.

#4 Posted by FearTheLiving (8837 posts) - - Show Bio

Florida? I smell and Ant-Man crossover.

#5 Posted by DonFelipe (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be Tara Tam, the shapeshifting tattoo girl, who Howard met in the previous mini series that you should read, asap!

#7 Posted by modsbehating (543 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by SpitfirePanda (2573 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard about Howard the Duck, mostly from the Nostalgia Critic's review of the movie. I'm gonna get this, I think.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
#9 Posted by deactivated-57af58bda2d61 (5409 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it

#10 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

She isn't an x-girl. She is a new character introduced in the last Howward the Duck series named Tara Tam. She has all of the same powers as a skrull after eating duck meat that was made out of a shape shifted skrull.

#11 Posted by judasnixon (12663 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite Marvel series........

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
#12 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (12493 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite Marvel series........

me too.......

~MiB

#13 Edited by deactivated-57af58bda2d61 (5409 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by judasnixon (12663 posts) - - Show Bio

@luna_joestar: That made diet coke shoot out of my nose.............

#15 Posted by deactivated-57af58bda2d61 (5409 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

Another number 1?

#17 Posted by Neghead (1273 posts) - - Show Bio

Mary Jane in Iron Man and Aunt May in Howard the Duck? Nice try, Marvel, but we still want Peter in the red and blue. No disrespect to Miles Morales fans.

#18 Posted by xscarletkittie (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the guy Howard is about to get into a fight with a reference to Soos from Gravity Falls? Because he looks way too much like him for it to be a coincidence.

#19 Posted by BR_Havoc (1756 posts) - - Show Bio

@feartheliving: Please no, Spencer's nothing came before I started writing the series Ant-Man book is really tedious.

I hope Marvel leaves this book alone and does not force it to be the ultra zany gimmick book like its becoming with the nonsense that is Gwenpool

#20 Posted by judasnixon (12663 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the guy Howard is about to get into a fight with a reference to Soos from Gravity Falls? Because he looks way too much like him for it to be a coincidence.

Oh my god, this is so Soos..... Look at his shirt.....

#21 Posted by NeroTheInferno (373 posts) - - Show Bio

Please tell me Gwenpool didn't just say hashtag fail Hydra. -_-

#23 Posted by FearTheLiving (8837 posts) - - Show Bio
@br_havoc said:

@feartheliving: Please no, Spencer's nothing came before I started writing the series Ant-Man book is really tedious.

I hope Marvel leaves this book alone and does not force it to be the ultra zany gimmick book like its becoming with the nonsense that is Gwenpool

Say what? Ant-Man is neither tedious or all that zany. If anything Squirrel Girl fits the zany aspect and they're doing a cross over.

#24 Edited by BR_Havoc (1756 posts) - - Show Bio

@feartheliving: I was talking about Howard when I said zany it has a good balance of humor and story and I do not want it to be forced to be the zany book with flavor of the months like Gwen Pool hijacking it.

As for Spencer's Ant-Man that book is very tedious in how it treated readers as idiots with the fact there was no canon that was put into that book. Cassie, has never made reference to being a young avenger, Darla is missing on to show up as an EX in the new relaunch. There is no show or tell things just happen and we are supposed to be fine not seeing them.

#25 Posted by FearTheLiving (8837 posts) - - Show Bio

@br_havoc: Not mentioning something =/= didn't exist.

Just because they aren't bringing up his entire career in comics doesn't mean it didn't happen. Probably didn't want to overwhelm new reader and wanted to tell their own tale. I believe the Last Days issue mentioned his time in Future Foundation, but seeing as that's not the main point of the books it's not made to be a big deal.

All that being said I don't see how that book not referencing all Scott's background stuff would hamper Howard or vice versa if they did a one-off cross over.

#26 Posted by BR_Havoc (1756 posts) - - Show Bio

@feartheliving: The issue with Spencer's Ant-man is that it has thrown away everything Scott grew from, What made him such a special character swept away to be a lovable loser who is now essentially Boomerang in many ways. Part of me feels that Spencer is just writing more Foes instead of Scott Lang.

My issues stem from all the character development that was lost in favor for something that has very little depth. Cassie seems deaged and if she has never done anything but be a high school girl. Also it was a weird way to start the book with it's best story it could of tell ( Cassie coming back) already being told in one issue that was horribly lazy.

The point I'm trying to make is Howard is a great book that does not need these crossovers of other books. His book is zany enough with some fun moments and the occasional heartfelt one, but now Marvel seems to want to launch flavor of the months in it or sweep it into crossovers with other books simply because they are the comedy titles.

#27 Edited by GalacticFork (468 posts) - - Show Bio

Heh, "Trapped in a renumbering he never asked for." Perfect. I want that variant.

@br_havoc: On the bright side, it doesn't have anything to do with Howard. So I doubt it'll affect how Howard is made. Hopefully it's only 3 to 5 pages like the short second stories Howard often has, not a significant portion of the book.

#28 Posted by BR_Havoc (1756 posts) - - Show Bio

@galacticfork: Very true still not happy about the dollar price jump but if Marvel has there way all comics will be 6 bucks soon enough.

#29 Edited by GalacticFork (468 posts) - - Show Bio

@br_havoc: Waaah?? I didn't even notice the barcode (actually the last one still has the old price, so Gwenpool is probably jacking up the price). Crap.

Aunt May is only in it for an excuse to keep being cruel to Spider-Man.

#30 Posted by Lemuel15 (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy crap, is that Soos from Gravity Falls!?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
#31 Posted by deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3 (12864 posts) - - Show Bio

God, yes. This is the only Marvel comic that matters.

#32 Edited by crimsonmist (31 posts) - - Show Bio

This is not the real Howard

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
#33 Posted by Knightsofdarkness2 (8155 posts) - - Show Bio

This is gonna be great.

#34 Posted by donmeca2020 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to howard coming back !! Hopefully this round of titles doesnt get restarted next year around this time again....

#35 Posted by bretmaverick2 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@crimsonmist:

Totally agree. Doesn't look like Howard. Totally lacking Gerber's biting commentary. Wearing pants.

I figured wi Howard and Donald now both under the Disney umbrella, Howard could look the way he was INTENDED to look.

This book things may be a lot of things, but it ISN'T Howard The Duck!!!!

#36 Edited by plinske (49 posts) - - Show Bio

So why did they remove the text from the Aja variant? I was actually going to pick it up.

#37 Posted by luciferjonez (210 posts) - - Show Bio

Enough already with this crappy played out space filler of a character. The joke was old 25 years ago and hasn't gotten any better in time. Marvel needs to stop killing trees for crap like this.

#38 Edited by sinikettu (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

@luciferjonez: You probably weren't even born the last time Howard had his own comics... Heck I'm not sure if even your parents were around those 34 years ago when Gerber was still writing Howard.

#39 Posted by luciferjonez (210 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinikettu: actually not only was I born but bought the first issue and saw the god awful movie in the theater. Don't know why you need to hurl the snarky comments. You must have gotten bored hurling them at lump of ugly you call your reflection.

#40 Posted by sinikettu (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

@luciferjonez: Man, that's so weak it makes me laugh.

I've often wondered why people hate the movie so much. Sure it wasn't very good but I don't think it deserves all the hate either though there's good chance I've just forgotten how bad it was...

#41 Posted by luciferjonez (210 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinikettu: sorry I didn't deem you worthy of well thought out witty retort. You really aren't worth the effort.

The movie sucked. from beginning to end it was a craptacular crapfest. Just because the character gets a 5 second cameo at the end of Guardians Disney decides to oversaturate us with HTD popping up everywhere. Waste of a tree.