• 74 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Last month's GREEN LANTERN #0 gave us the first appearance of the new Green Lantern, Simon Baz. He's not your typical GL and whether or not he's truly worthy remains to be seen. Also, if he has the ring, what does that mean for Hal and Sinestro?

If you want some more information on Baz, you can check out our interview from last month with artist Doug Mahnke. And you can check out this preview for tomorrow's GREEN LANTERN DC posted on their blog.

No Caption Provided

GREEN LANTERN #13

• “Rise of the Third Army”!
• Earth’s new Green Lantern battles The Justice League!
• Meanwhile, The Guardians begin their final step in the destruction of the Lanterns by releasing the first of the Third Army soldiers!

Written by: Geoff Johns

Art by: Doug Mahnke, Christian Alamy

Cover by: Ivan ReisJoe Prado

Variant Cover by: Ivan Reis

Color/B&W: Color

Page Count: 32

U.S. Price: 2.99

On Sale Date: Oct 3 2012

== TEASER ==
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By zackattack529

Arkillo still works for Sinestro? I suppose since Arkillo is the most loyal member and Despite how Sinestro uses everyone, he does have some loyalty to his corps, so im sure he would use Arkillo as a trustee to the throne of the Corps until Sinestro got back, but im SURE sinestro is going to die in this arc :/

xScorchedx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By xScorchedx

Does anyone else really hate that there is a new Green Lantern? Sigh.....

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By UltimateSMfan

cool!! so did hal ever 'die' in this universe? knowing guy gardner and john stewart is understandable but The President...so im assuming Everyone knows Hal's secret identity?? whats the point of his mask? and did everyone kno this in pre52 universe?

CpTait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CpTait

@zackattack529: Arkillo, at least in New Guardians, is working with his own ring crafted by The Weaponer. Arkillo names Sinestro a traitor for disbanding his corps and takes the mantle of sole Sinestro/Arkillo Corps member. Entirely possible Sinestro will be killed off!

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5  Edited By kagato

Oh man this looks great! I take it this will lead into how Baz gets onto Justice League America, Waller seems to have a weird obsession with criminals afterall, wonder if she will be behind the scenes pulling the strings since it dosent look like Suicide squad is going to be around much longer.

zachkastner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zachkastner

I wish they would have kept Barack in a shadow or something so we couldn't tell who the president is. I think that would make the story more timeless. I dunno.

I just kind of hate when real life staples are used in comics. It ties them down too much.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Wonder when the complaints about the Arrow banner ''ruining the cover'' will happen.

Superbat420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Superbat420

Kill off one of them 5 earth lanterns makes no sense what so ever

MrArrogant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By MrArrogant

@UltimateSMfan: The general public didn't know Hal's secret identity, only leaguers and Hal's brother (whose name escapes me at the moment has he and his family haven't been in the book for quite a long time). I assume Barrack here knows cause he's the president. Plus if Amanda Waller's here I'm assuming that means checkmate is keeping tabs on all the heroes and knows their identities (at least that's what I'd imagine).

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By judasnixon

I miss fat Waller.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

YAY The start for the Rise of the Third Army

neiliusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By neiliusprime

I really like how Arkillo has been in Green Lantern: New Guardians, but I wonder if he will have a change of loyalty at the end of all this.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By TheCrowbar

Obama is talking about Green Lanterns!

This just in Romney supports using Manhunters. Until that becomes unpopular, then he's all about the Third Army.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#14  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@judasnixon said:

I miss fat Waller.

Yea, I totally didn't even realize that was her

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EnSabahNurX

@zachkastner said:

I wish they would have kept Barack in a shadow or something so we couldn't tell who the president is. I think that would make the story more timeless. I dunno.

I just kind of hate when real life staples are used in comics. It ties them down too much.

That's what i was thinking, but they always flood obama everywhere lol I never like when real politicians are in comics because like you said it dates them too much. Especially since comics don't really move forward time.

Benjoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Benjoman

Why does she say "four OTHER humans" if she's apparently not including the new GL?

@MrArrogant: Hm, I don't think they know all the secret identities, like Batman or Superman. Maybe just a few.

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Green ankh

Not even interested.

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18  Edited By kennybaese

Is this the first time that DC has had the current president as president in its books? I feel like DC's always had a made up president. I could be talking out of my ass though.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Superdork

Too many Earth Lanterns. Johns couldn't even develop 4 of them well. John Stewart already takes a backseat to 3 others. And why no women or non-Americans? Sigh.

zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By zackattack529

@CpTait: oh no, im fully aware of the whole arkillo yellow lanterns thing, im an avid reader of new guardians. But im just saying it is an interesting development that Arkillo is playing sort of a sleeper agent/trustee of the sinestro corps. almost like Sinestro planned this whole thing because he knew the guardians would do this.

and yes im postiviley certain Sinestro will die in this..well...99.8% certain at least. and with that prediction Arkillo will probably keep the yellow lanterns named "Sinestro Corps" in his memory. Because as seen in New Guardians Arkillo does have some other emotions and was fully devoted to sinestro being the leader as was karu sil, slussh and a few others.

I also found there is a possibility that John Stewart could die in this event as well.I mean as we've seen recently and before the 52 he is willing to kill even his own teamates to do what is necessary..but what happens when he finds himself compromised. will he be able to kill himself if necessary? especially since the third army has comprimising ablities. this would be another great development in Johns character to have that kind of mindset. living a soldier, Dying a hero.

so ya i predict either john or sinestro. mostly sinestro though because hnestly, besides him being an awesome, badass, extremist, dictator villain. what doe she have to live for? i mean his daughter hates him, wifes dead, relationship to both the GLC and his own corps gone. no friends other than his buddy cop relationship to Hal. I see no future for him past this arc. and he realizes that. Sinestro has no control of his life therefore he always wants to control everything else.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By sora_thekey

What's with the split-faced Siniestro/Hal Jordan?? I need to read this book now!

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By saoakden

Interesting, a few people know who the 4 of the 5 Green Lanterns are. If I was Simon Baz, I be surprised if two heads were talking out of my ring. & According to this Kyle Rayner has been Green Lantern for at least two years. Good to know.

warpgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By warpgirl

The president happens to look like Obama, but he was not named. I'm just tired of DC falling into the same old pattern. Need to shake things up? kick out Hal, "Kill" him off and get a new GL. They've been down this road before.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#24  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@UltimateSMfan said:

cool!! so did hal ever 'die' in this universe? knowing guy gardner and john stewart is understandable but The President...so im assuming Everyone knows Hal's secret identity?? whats the point of his mask? and did everyone kno this in pre52 universe?

its not public knowledge, this is Amanda Waller we're talking about.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#25  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Baz's costume looks better without the mask

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Or35ti

This looks really interesting, i'm really psyched for everything going on in the comics world lately.

Avatar image for black_lantern_mar_vell
Black Lantern Mar-vell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what about Alan Scott & Jade? That'd make 2 more Green Lanterns from Earth!

MisterKetch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MisterKetch

Honestly the only lanterns (green) i care about are Hal and Kyle, John I think just doesn't get enough attention and I'd rather see him take center stage over Guy who i don't hate but really don't like either. I guess Kyle might be doing something different once the current New Guardians arc ends, new hero name maybe.

Baz i don't know well enough yet but seriously 5 male american green lanterns from the same sector is ridiculously overkill. Wow he's middle eastern... from america...

Give me a GL from Israel, geez now that's someone who can overcome great fear, give me a middle eastern woman who uses a head covering as part of her costume.

...and don't even get me started on his gun or his mask (ripped off from kick ass imo)

TheCommissar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheCommissar

@xScorchedx said:

Does anyone else really hate that there is a new Green Lantern? Sigh.....

I hate that there's a new male human Green Lantern, yes. I would've preferred they make it a woman, or at least an alien. Especially seeing as both female and alien Green Lanterns have been shoved FAR into the background lately.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#30  Edited By BlueLantern1995

@Or35ti said:

This looks really interesting, i'm really psyched for everything going on in the comics world lately.

Mandrewgora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mandrewgora

I haven't been reading GL, but I picked up that zero issue. If I get this will I be totally lost?

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Skaddix

@EnSabahNurX said:

@zachkastner said:

That's what i was thinking, but they always flood obama everywhere lol I never like when real politicians are in comics because like you said it dates them too much. Especially since comics don't really move forward time.

Not really a problem for DC, they will reboot in 10 years anyway

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Skaddix

@Mandrewgora said:

I haven't been reading GL, but I picked up that zero issue. If I get this will I be totally lost?

You should be fine if you get the GL Zero Issue and GL Annual.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Wow, Arkillo still working for Sinestro sure is an eye opener. And its almost enough to make me ignore the "Fast and Furious" route they have taken with Baz's origin story, which I'm STILL not cool with. At the very least, this is all part of the Rise of the Third Army crossover arc, and I'm ready and willing to read it since I'm going to get all these titles ^^

zachkastner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By zachkastner

@judasnixon said:

I miss fat Waller.

Me too.

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheThe

Is that Barack Obama ? I'm very surprised. Usually, dealing with "real personas" like living politicians is kind of a Marvel thing. I didnt exepect DC to produce such a storyline. I'm very pleased, just like i was when i first read Batwing, a DC hero who is written in our "modern times" with "real concerns" in a plausible "city". Good work, DC!

As for the lantern, it's a bad idea to let him in the hands of Geoff Johns. Johns is a writer who's in love with only one character : Hal Jordan. When he takes the wheel over another character, his writing is not that good and he always try to bring Hal Jordan in everything, even when he is not related to the story. I bet Baz will be for no-use here, since Geoff Johns will, as usual, only focus on his beloved and cherished husband Hal Jordan whose he is very deeply in love with.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#37  Edited By Mbecks14

Looks like it's getting interesting! That thing with Hal and Sinestro in the ring was awesome!!!

cagedleo730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cagedleo730

I think Sinestro believes that Arkillo is loyal. I doubt he knows for sure. He hasn't had any contact with Arkillo since the end of War of the Green Lanterns.

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By r3d_rob1n

When Sinestro says "release me" is he implying that he and Hal are stuck in the ring? We have seen Sinestro do a lot of things with his power ring, perhaps using it as a soul gem could be one of the functions.

Barkley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Barkley

it looks like Obama

modunhanul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By modunhanul

The Goverment knows Hal Jordan's identity?

Barkley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Barkley

well we see why the justice league is pounding on Baz...the president told Amanda to call them

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#43  Edited By Queso6p4

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@judasnixon said:

I miss fat Waller.

Yea, I totally didn't even realize that was her

Haha! Me too. I was like, "Oh. I guess that makes sense."

Ijan092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ijan092

When a power ring says error it means bad news

cc1738

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By cc1738

I love this comic!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#46  Edited By Teerack

If Hal and Sinestro are seriously dead I'm not going to keep reading this.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47  Edited By Zeeguy91
@kennyshat: No. During the 1986 Legends crossover arc, Ronald Reagan made several appearances and even enacted a Presidential edict outlawing superheroes. 

@warpgirl: Hal and Sinestro are not, I repeat NOT, dead. Didn't you read the zero issue? They're stuck in like some sort of "Black ring dimension." That's what Sinestro means when he says "release me".
Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48  Edited By Zeeguy91
@Teerack: read what I responded to warpgirl. Hal and Sinestro are not dead. You should read the 0 issue.
ScreamingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ScreamingGhost

Amanda Waller is skinny now?

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Twentyfive

Obama like a BOSS. Straight up pimpin in people's comics not giving a single damn.