Posted by inferiorego (25733 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Destroying his very first ongoing series! That’s right, the muscle of the Guardians of the Galaxy is making his Mighty Marvel solo debut this November in DRAX #1! And he’s bringing along some can’t miss creators! World renowned UFC fighter CM Punk makes his ongoing series debut alongside fan-favorite co-writer Cullen Bunn and artist Scott Hepburn! So what does Drax do when he’s not hanging with the Guardians?

He lets his bloodthirsty quest for revenge take the driver’s seat, of course! Determined to find and kill Thanos once and for all, Drax is ready to take on the universe. And nothing is going to stop him – not even crash landing on a dangerous and wild planet. The depths of space might not be enough to contain this much grit, vengeance and all-out action! Don’t miss the explosive debut of DRAX #1 – coming this November from CM Punk, Cullen Bunn and Scott Hepburn!

DRAX #1 (SEP150691)

Written by CM PUNK & CULLEN BUNN

Art & Cover by SCOTT HEPBURN

Variant Covers by ED MCGUINNESS (SEP150692) and SKOTTIE YOUNG (SEP150694)

Hip-Hop Variant by MIKE CHOI (SEP150693)

FOC – 10/12/15, On-Sale – 11/04/15

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Staff
#1 Posted by Essenemg (75 posts) - - Show Bio

All those "Rap variant" are gold...

And i can't buy any of them because i'm in France >.>

Is there by chance someone who could recommend me an online shop where i could get them, with a reasonnable export price ?

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
#2 Posted by thecowwasdelirious (1585 posts) - - Show Bio

wow another GotG title just what i didn't expect

#3 Posted by AriesWarlock (260 posts) - - Show Bio

Can he gets his power beams and flying powers back please? Knife Drax is stale already.

#4 Posted by galeme (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

That art looks like its going to be a comedy series like rocket raccon or smt. I would like to read a badass series of Drax.

#5 Posted by Batman3000 (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool.

#6 Posted by sinikettu (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

@galeme said:

That art looks like its going to be a comedy series like rocket raccoon or smt. I would like to read a badass series of Drax.

Well, the art maybe heavily stylized but I wouldn't call it particularly 'light-hearted' series if the first ten panels show Drax waddling through alien entrails and crushing skulls...

#7 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm probably wont read this until Cammi shows up, so if Cammi the destroyer is not in this comic I will not even give it a chance.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
#8 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (12493 posts) - - Show Bio

CM Punk! CM Punk! CM Punk!

~MiB

#9 Posted by Neghead (1273 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the alien Colt Cabana on the cage fight variant cover.

#10 Posted by Stellar421 (875 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked him better before he became a Kratos clone.

#11 Edited by shinobi62676 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

@stellar421: wasn't he technically always a Kratos clone? Before Kratos was even existed no less?

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
#12 Posted by Knightsofdarkness2 (8155 posts) - - Show Bio

CM punk!!! Hell yeah.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
#13 Edited by deactivated-57af58bda2d61 (5409 posts) - - Show Bio

Cm Punk has fans ? Learn something new each day

#14 Posted by GraniteSoldier (12745 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we address the issue of calling CM Punk a 'world renowned UFC fighter' when he hasn't fought a single match yet? Or doesn't have a set opponent/date? At least Bunn is on this, Bunn always writes solid stuff.

Cool to see Drax get a title, I guess Gamora is the only one who hasn't gotten a solo yet? I wish they'd bring Rocket's solo back...only without Scottie Young writing/drawing so we can get the more badass, I don't give a damn Rock than funny slapstick Rock.

#15 Edited by ZombieSamurai (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Couple of things. Number one: The design for Agent Venom looks pretty cool when he has the fangs alongside the Eddie Brock Venom physique. Really wish he would keep the fangs permanently instead of constantly reverting to the Destroyer helmet/Bioncle mask look. Number two: No cosplay variant?

#16 Posted by crimsonmist (31 posts) - - Show Bio

why is kitty star lord again?

#17 Posted by modsbehating (543 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier: i was thinking he hasn't even fought a match yet but i wasn't sure LMAO

#18 Posted by Stahlflamme (5603 posts) - - Show Bio

why is kitty star lord again?

Oh, you know its not that unusual to take on your husbands name... and clothes... and guns and job on an intergalactic superhero team... wait...

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

Cm Punk has fans ? Learn something new each day

How very droll.

Can we address the issue of calling CM Punk a 'world renowned UFC fighter' when he hasn't fought a single match yet? Or doesn't have a set opponent/date? At least Bunn is on this, Bunn always writes solid stuff.

Cool to see Drax get a title, I guess Gamora is the only one who hasn't gotten a solo yet? I wish they'd bring Rocket's solo back...only without Scottie Young writing/drawing so we can get the more badass, I don't give a damn Rock than funny slapstick Rock.

Well he is famous and signed to UFC so it is accurate. Gamora is getting a solo but it was announced like two years ago. Will you not be reading the Rocket & Groot book?

#21 Posted by GraniteSoldier (12745 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I didn't know they were making a Rocket and Groot book, I was only aware of the Groot solo. Who is writing Rock and Groot?

And Punk is famous for being a wrestler. Sure he's in the UFC now but that's not why he's famous, so I'd hardly call him a renowned UFC fighter personally. But that's semantics.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by GraniteSoldier (12745 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Thanks for the link. A little...saddening (lack of a better word) to see Young still on it. His Rocket was fun, but I'd like to see a return of the slightly more serious, pragmatic, sarcastically humorous Rock from the DnA era than Young's slapstick Rock.

But I understand Rocket is big with the younger crowd, and Young appeals a bit to that in his Rocket title.

#25 Posted by blackkitty (449 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh: CM Punk is not a writer they're cashing in on his fame. No thanks.

#26 Posted by Xwraith (36522 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier: Abnett is going to be co-writing Guardians of Infinity, which has Rocket as a cast member.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
#27 Posted by The Impersonator (8469 posts) - - Show Bio

Drax will get draxed.

#28 Posted by GraniteSoldier (12745 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith: Wait what the hell there's another Guardians book I didn't know about?!

#29 Posted by sinikettu (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier: Probably refers to this: http://www.comicvine.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy/4060-25956/forums/guardians-of-infinity-1-1708663/#6

Yeah, I know its a shameless self-plug & and in-forum cross posting... So sue me.

#30 Posted by justinisdrunk (46 posts) - - Show Bio

After looking through the previews of this, i might pick this up. love the artwork, might be a bit of a dark comedy too. couldn't give two shits about CM Punk, though.

#31 Edited by Xwraith (36522 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier: It was apparently announced back in August, and it's in the December solicits.