• 88 results
#51 Posted by ursaber (9984 posts) - - Show Bio

ITS OVER, ITS FINALLY OVER! A CRAP END FOR A CRAP SERIES!

I have never seen so pointless an event as this one save for Original Sin. This event will quickly fade from memory as a mandated crapstorm capitalizing on Captain America: Civil War. Three Marvel heroes died in this atrocity, why can't Bendis be taken out of play.

In any case, while it saddens me the state of the current Marvel Universe, it won't affect me as much. I'm completely devoted to ASM Renew Your Vows, Moon Knight and Jessica Jones. Still waiting for my F4 return cause I miss them so much.

Bring back the original Jean Grey and Wolverine. Send those crappy time displaced young X-Men back to their time and Old Man Logan to his.

#52 Edited by donmeca2020 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel good the fact that i did not WASTE A DIME on this main title event..... they did almost the same as they did last year and drag out the event same as secret wars. im curious as to what will be next years event? alls well that ends well.

#53 Edited by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

I have never seen so pointless an event as this one save for Original Sin. This event will quickly fade from memory as a mandated crapstorm capitalizing on Captain America: Civil War. Three Marvel heroes died in this atrocity, why can't Bendis be taken out of play.

In any case, while it saddens me the state of the current Marvel Universe, it won't affect me as much. I'm completely devoted to ASM Renew Your Vows, Moon Knight and Jessica Jones. Still waiting for my F4 return cause I miss them so much.

Bring back the original Jean Grey and Wolverine. Send those crappy time displaced young X-Men back to their time and Old Man Logan to his.

Yes, but what if the FF come back and they give the title to Bendis to write? I'd rather have the FF stay in limbo until the current generation of writers and editors have moved on.

#54 Posted by sinikettu (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

@donmeca2020: The difference being that Secret wars wasn't crap.

#55 Posted by TheLurker (990 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Posted by ursaber (9984 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, but what if the FF come back and they give the title to Bendis to write? I'd rather have the FF stay in limbo until the current generation of writers and editors have moved on.

Bendis is far too busy with his pet creations such as Miles Morales and Riri Williams. Its clear his goal is to replace main Marvel heroes with racially diverse younger heroes. That's him bringing his political agenda into his line of work which is FICTIONAL comics AKA escapism. That's a valid concern but don't think Bendis would end up with the book if the F4 returned. For Marvel to improve Isaac Perlmutter, Bendis, Joe Quesada, Axel Alonso and Brevoort must be kicked off as they are the ones who've progressively put Marvel in the state its in. Quesada ruined Spider Man in 2007, Bendis with his politics and Perlmutter who's been the one pushing the Inhumans and making the X-Men into backwater properties.

Loading Video...

#57 Posted by Wowlock (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully it is the end for Bendis on big event titles...but I know it won't be. The only good thing that might come out of this is, maybe that blast killed of Captain Hydra ? ...probably not..

Avatar image for spiderhyphenman
#58 Posted by spiderhyphenman (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinikettu: I'm not worried about Nick Spencer if that's who you referring too. He's more than capable to fix Bendis's mess at least for Cap.

#59 Posted by StormShadow_X (16691 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#60 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

A retcon sounds pretty good in times like this.

#61 Posted by Bl00dwerK (957 posts) - - Show Bio

Avenger vs. Avenger. X-Men vs. Inhumans. Where does it end?

#62 Posted by sinikettu (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderhyphenman: I was just thinking about next January when this issue is being released... Here Cap gets blown up and is going strong in his own book. Readers of both titles might be scratching their heads a little bit, wondering if the other is canon or not.

#63 Posted by waezi2 (24652 posts) - - Show Bio

... what the HELL are they doing?! They are destroying the city!

#64 Edited by Rubear (4643 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2 said:

... what the HELL are they doing?! They are destroying the city!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for spiderhyphenman
#66 Posted by spiderhyphenman (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinikettu: Well cap is playing his game all along. I wanna see how he survives but you're right casual readers in general will be confused.

#67 Posted by Ceramicdragon (38 posts) - - Show Bio

This was a bad series. But I will buy #8 to finish it off and read with a shit eating grin. :)

#68 Edited by iro (126 posts) - - Show Bio

character assassinations all around! man, bendis truly is the master at completely running characters, concepts and all kinds of stories completely into the ground. amazing!

and the best part is, that if galactus came and decided to just slurp up MU right now and they all subsequently died, I would not care in the slightest. reboot away I say, only, you'd probably manage to mess that up too right?

if only tony could have truly died at the end of this event, instead of leaving some A.I. version of himself behind, then I'd at least rest easy in knowing that bendis wouldn't be able to continue to write him horrendously, while retconning his history even more. but of course I couldn't get even that...

#69 Posted by iro (126 posts) - - Show Bio

oh, and before i forget; big shout out to the colorist of this event. a lot of people (including myself) have noted how great the line work is, but the colorist is who really managed to elevates the whole thing to the next level. so. cheers. hopefully that duo will end up in a better book after this.

#70 Posted by LannibleHecter (308 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#71 Posted by laabitres (801 posts) - - Show Bio

finally the torture is over

#72 Posted by KritikalMassX (1510 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#73 Posted by HellSaint (305 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly if you are going to literally rip-off the plot of Minority Report in the first place you should have just kept going that way.

#74 Posted by Pipxeroth (9218 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#75 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

no old man logan is staying

#76 Posted by werst9 (201 posts) - - Show Bio
#77 Posted by werst9 (201 posts) - - Show Bio

@mark_stephen: I'm gonna need some elaboration on that one. What makes Marvel ok with fascism exactly?

#78 Posted by LordRequiem (1361 posts) - - Show Bio

*Sighs*, if he's not ruining Sentry he's ruining something else. Sadly this time it's Carol's turn.

#79 Posted by sinikettu (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

@iro: True, art has been great and sadly the only real highlight in this event.

#80 Posted by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

@werst9 said:

@mark_stephen: I'm gonna need some elaboration on that one. What makes Marvel ok with fascism exactly?

Just a feeling I've gotten since cw1. Tony took a fascist approach then and it worked and he was rewarded for it (as was Carol, pre-cw1 she was so desperate to be a great heroine she hired a publicist, after cw1 she was made head of the Avengers and given her own SHIELD strike force, she didn't get all that by defeating super villains), after Tony Norman Osborn -while not a fascist at first but simply a crazy super villain, the type of person a fascist government would want in charge of security, in AvX first the Avengers took the fascist role by attacking the X-men and then the X-men when they won took the fascist roll (remember how they imprisoned and tortured Avengers?) fascism was clearly evident when the US government swiped both the FF's headquarters and children (and the Avengers backed the government then, they did nothing really to help Reed or Sue) and now Carol has been even more of a fascist than Tony. All told ever since cw1 started I've seen more evil done by superheroes to superheroes than I've seen super villains do evil to superheroes. The feeling I personally get from all of that is fascism and given how common it is and how little the consequences seem to be for it the conclusion I have reached is that the marvel writers simply favor it. If it were only super villains doing all this stuff I'd understand. They'd try to impose a fascist regime (indeed it's the Red Skull's goal in life) and the superheroes would oppose them. But super villains by and large in the mu are obsolete (witness Doom switching sides) superheroes are the main villains now. Carol can go out and pound anyone with just the word on one man, lock them up, throw away the key so long as Ulysses has a vision about them. They are guilty until they can prove themselves innocent, that's one of the trademarks of fascism and it's been part of the mu for a very long time now.

#81 Posted by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

*Sighs*, if he's not ruining Sentry he's ruining something else. Sadly this time it's Carol's turn.

After her actions in the last cw marvel pretty much ignored what Carol and Reed had done and focused on Tony, I wonder what they'll do now that she's been made the super villain of the series?

#82 Posted by Madripoor (1917 posts) - - Show Bio

Pointless event is pointless.

#83 Posted by havokx (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Please for sake of all that is holy stop it with these events.

Avatar image for parker_industries
#84 Posted by Parker_Industries (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Well,atleast the art is great,right guys?No? Okay.

#85 Edited by roy81 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

For God's sake,end this already.

#86 Posted by yasbinfirnas (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Hooray! Its over. Not too bad of an ending, but this series just dragged on for too long. It's too bad that it effects The Marvel Now run so much that we kind of have to read it. But my advice to those who still haven't read it, wait for the TPB or just read the series all at once instead of suffering the wait month after month, sometimes several months of waiting in between. It's not because the cliffhangers are so compelling. It's because you just want to get to the end.

#87 Posted by yasbinfirnas (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@blues32: I agree. It's not a bad story all by itself on a shelf somewhere else, but to call it Civil War 2 and have it transform the Marvel universe so much is just not right. I don't think the premise was strong enough

#88 Posted by harlequinreala (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Capt gets blow up, doesn't die but it effects this thing that's going on with hydra. Calling it now.

#89 Posted by igilistr (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@mark_stephen: With this Marvel did revolutionary move. You know how are those Alternate evil universes, also called as Evilvese or Mirrorverse in other series? Those where heroes are villains, villains heroes, atc? Well, instead of Mainverse havin some Evilverse, Mainverse has been turned into its own Evilverse.