inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

They are the elite. The best of the best. And this June they are rocketing into Secret Wars for a high-flying, explosive adventure. Today, Marvel is pleased to present your first look at CAPTAIN MARVEL AND THE CAROL CORPS #1 – a brand new Secret Wars series from Blockbuster Captain Marvel creative team Kelly Sue Deconnick and David Lopez along with Marvel newcomer Kelly Thompson! Welcome to Hala Field, where if you’ve got the guts – if you’ve got the moxie, you just might make it as a member of the Carol Corps. The chosen few, the proud, the brightest pilots of all. The Carol Corps soar high above Battleworld, protecting and defending Hala Field from the worst Battleworld has to offer. And the Carol Corps needs people like you! So put on your uniform and strap in for the most high-flying, action packet Captain Marvel series fans have been clamoring for. Prepare for takeoff as CAPTAIN MARVEL AND THE CAROL CORPS #1 comes in for a landing this June!

CAPTAIN MARVEL AND THE CAROL CORPS #1 (APR150835)

No Caption Provided

Written by KELLY SUE DECONNICK & KELLY THOMPSON

Art & Cover by DAVID LOPEZ

Variant Cover by MIKE DEODATO (FEB158112)

Action Figure Variant by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER (APR150836)

Ant-Sized Variant by PASQUAL FERRY (APR150838)

MAOS Variant by DECLAN SHALVEY (APR150837)

FOC – 05/18/15, On-Sale – 06/10/15

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Ugh

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Cool

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I have read the past 2 volumes of Captain Marvel by Kelly Sue and enjoyed them for the most part, Yet for some reason I do not really care about this. I wish Carol had a better Battle World book.

AriesWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

t209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

They look more like Marvel equivalent of Black Hawks but with women.

Avatar image for gothicshieldagent
gothicshieldagent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks cool,but i'm biased because I loved her as Ms Marvel,and i love her as Captain Marvel so i'm buying it.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By COBRAMORPH

I'd only like to see Carol'd corp if the uniforms they strap on were the real uniforms, the black bathing suits, or the equally revealing original suit. Ladies, use all the assets at your disposal to fight the good fight. While wearing next to nothing. Let it all hang out.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mark_Stephen

Looks suitably militant and oppressive. Still can't afford it and will wait for the trade or discount box. Someday I hope the comic book companies realize that it's hard to afford their comics, especially with a lead character that I'm only mildly interested in, if that. But as long last they keep the price high I'll skip it.

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By superhoodie

I liked it, I will check out the title.

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks cool,but i'm biased because I loved her as Ms Marvel,and i love her as Captain Marvel so i'm buying it.

vascillator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much potential with Battleworld and Carol wasted for...this...ugh

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No thanks.

Champion99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"First Look: Runaways" hurry up and get here!

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By BappyRonChantin
GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm really interested in this, but want to wait on the actual preview with text before I really decide. But ugh, those Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. variants are getting on my nerves.

"Hey let's put a full page advertisement for the show in our books... "

"Better yet! Let's make the ad the cover!"

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Superguy1591

Another month, another new book for Marvel.

The gimmicky company keeps the gimmick going.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I love Carol but something about this seems...meh. DeConncik is great at handling the character of Carol and her first volume had a great story. The second hasn't been as good but she still writes Carol well but...where's the action?

Especially now. It's called Battleworld but it looks like Carol will be relegated to fighting some no names still...unless the 'Corps' is rather useless and just a support team.

I'll wait to see what people have to say about it before getting it.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vascillator said:

So much potential with Battleworld and Carol wasted for...this...ugh

Well, I'm very interested in this title, and I'm hoping the better from it...

But my real concern is that I've already counted at least THREE Carol Danvers on Battleworld: One is living in to the Kingdom "Hala Field" and member/founder/leader of the Carol Corps, one is in the Kingdom "Arcadia", and is a member of the A-Force, and the Third is the original Carol Danvers of Universe 616, saved in the Arc of Reed Richards [Spoiler if someone haven't read the first issue of Secret Wars]

Yes, it's possible that members of the A-Force come from other Kingdom [much like the Thors of Doomgard], and that the first you Carol Danvers are the same person [perhaps she create the Carol Corps for defending Hala Field and then moved to Arcadia?] ...but the Third is somewhere on the Battleworld...

Anyway, I'm waiting and hoping :)

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The pretend action figure is like rubbing salt on a wound.

I look forward to this. I've come to expect great things from DeConnick, so hopefully this won't disappoint.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@ms-lola: How so about the action figure?

Diannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't normally care about variant covers, but I must admit to really liking that variant by Mike Deodato. That cover would do more to sell me on the comic than the regular one does.

Regardless, it does look like a series with potential, but I won't be running out to buy it.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Carol but something about this seems...meh. DeConncik is great at handling the character of Carol and her first volume had a great story. The second hasn't been as good but she still writes Carol well but...where's the action?

Especially now. It's called Battleworld but it looks like Carol will be relegated to fighting some no names still...unless the 'Corps' is rather useless and just a support team.

I think that KSD is getting tired of writing Captain Marvel as she's focusing on her creator owned books at Image. It's too bad that she never bothered to further develop Carol's friendship with Peter Parker which could have brought in the Spider-Man readers if done right. And that is in addition to developing Jessica Drew and Peter Parker working together with Captain Marvel. KSD has essentially isolated a lot of potential readers by making Carol into a Space Cop....

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@granitesoldier said:

I think that KSD is getting tired of writing Captain Marvel as she's focusing on her creator owned books at Image. It's too bad that she never bothered to further develop Carol's friendship with Peter Parker which could have brought in the Spider-Man readers if done right. And that is in addition to developing Jessica Drew and Peter Parker working together with Captain Marvel. KSD has essentially isolated a lot of potential readers by making Carol into a Space Cop....

Very true, she seems to just be wandering as it stands.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mark_stephen said:

@ms-lola: How so about the action figure?

I just wish there were more action figures available from Marvel when it comes to their female characters. I'm sure that will change when Captain Marvel's film comes out, though. At least, I am almost sure.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: It didn't change for Black Widow, Gamora... heck go all the way back to Mira Nova from the Buzz Lightyear cartoon. Lots of Buzz, XR and even a Booster action figure as well as Zurg, but no Mira.