• 68 results
Posted by inferiorego (25733 posts) - - Show Bio

AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #1 (AUG140718)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Written by RICK REMENDER

Art by ADAM KUBERT

Cover by JIM CHEUNG

Inversion Variant by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO (AUG140721)

Deadpool Party Variant by CHIP ZDARSKY (AUG140724)

Young Variant by SKOTTIE YOUNG (AUG140719)

Variant Cover by Milo Manara (AUG140720)

Young Guns Variant by Mahmud Asrar, Nick Bradshaw, Dave Marquez,

Sara Pichelli, Valerio Schiti & Ryan Stegman (AUG140722)

This October, the Marvel Universe prepares for the biggest battle its ever faced, and today Marvel is proud to present your very first look inside the highly anticipated AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #1! Blockbuster writer Rick Remender is joined by the star-studded artist line up of Adam Kubert, Leinil Yu, Terry Dodson and Jim Cheung for an epic conflict that will require the Avengers and the X-Men to stand together like never before!

From the ashes of Avengers vs. X-Men, rises a new threat. the Red Skull – a monstrous force of evil, now possesses the extraordinary mutant gifts of the late Charles Xavier. Exploiting the powers of the world’s most powerful telepath, he has amassed an army and broadcasts his message of hate across the globe. Residing in the once proud Mutant nation of Genosha, he has enslaved thousands of mutants in his bid for world domination.

“This is the big one,” says Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso. “Super hero comics at their biggest and boldest. With the powers of Charles Xavier, the Red Skull is the biggest, baddest villain in the Marvel Universe. Rick’s story is massive and will touch all corners of the Marvel Universe in new and interesting ways.”

All that stands in the Red Skull’s path is the fragile alliance of Avengers and X-Men. Even united, they may not be enough to stem the coming darkness. Earth’s last hope hinges on these fractured squads fighting as one. But as the Age if Inversion looms upon us – have they already lost?

There’s a fine line between good & evil. Find out how thin as the battle commences in AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #1!

Plus, before Avengers & X-Men: AXIS kicks off, follow the events leading up to the blockbuster comic event of the year with Avengers & X-Men: AXIS – The Story So Far. Relive the war between Avengers and X-Men over the Phoenix Force, the Avengers Unity Squad’s first battle with the Red Skull in the pages of Uncanny Avengers and more.

FOC – 09/01/14, On Sale 10/08/14

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Also, here's a video!

Staff
#1 Posted by dagmar_merrill (12701 posts) - - Show Bio

What's the point of changing all the stays quos if we never got to see the old one? They just keep on changing for no good reason.

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
#2 Posted by i_dont_like_comics (776 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by dagmar_merrill (12701 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (8418 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly couldn't care less about this, I wish I did but I'm burnt out with these kinda shows.

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
#5 Posted by i_dont_like_comics (776 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill: same answer. shake things up a bit then back to normal with little modifications. that's how comics are. everybody does it. just some companies don't make a big event out of it.

#6 Posted by HumanRocket (11234 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool not understanding that the others are breaking the 4th wall....HA!

#7 Posted by the_stegman (40135 posts) - - Show Bio

That 4th wall panel made me laugh out loud. Why can't THAT be the book?? A funny Lil romp??

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
#8 Posted by BeaconofStrength (12487 posts) - - Show Bio

That 4th cover is amazing. I want to buy it just for that cover.

#9 Posted by dotwilson (334 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm genuinely excited for this

#10 Posted by Tony_Shark (1979 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so ready.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
#11 Posted by New_World_Order (14895 posts) - - Show Bio

Now this looks awesome!

#12 Posted by doombot890 (322 posts) - - Show Bio

all i want to see is Magneto vs Red Skull

that battle better be epic

we've been waiting for it to happen

for a while

#13 Edited by Thor_Parker82 (15969 posts) - - Show Bio

This event is going to be great.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
#14 Edited by ShadowSwordmaster (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

So that is what the Plantman look that they were talking about.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
#15 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (12493 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna read this. This seems like an epic story of villains vs heroes and I hope it doesn't disappoint like all the other MARVEL events.

#16 Posted by Boynerdgeek (2733 posts) - - Show Bio

people say the same things about avengers vs x-men : "this event will be great" but in the end almost everybody upset and dissapointed with the event. Lets hope AXIS don't be like Avengers vs X-men

#17 Posted by micah007123 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna read this. This seems like an epic story of villains vs heroes and I hope it doesn't disappoint like all the other MARVEL events.

Infinity??????????????

#18 Posted by BeholdtheVison (191 posts) - - Show Bio

Vision's getting a spotlight, so I'm in.

#19 Edited by Aros001 (3606 posts) - - Show Bio

That video was great. Now that I'm up to speed I'm definitely going to read Axis at some point. This looks awesome!

Also, at 2:53 of the video, did anyone else notice that Magneto is shown as one of Red Skull's allies, even though Red Skull was killing mutants and stole Xavier's brain and IS A NAZI? Somebody please explain why Magneto would join Red Skull after all that!

#20 Edited by ARMIV2 (10074 posts) - - Show Bio

The invert cover is a thing of genius.

#21 Posted by saucygiraffe (126 posts) - - Show Bio

Onslaught red skull, why?!?!?!?

#22 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (12493 posts) - - Show Bio

@micah said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

Infinity??????????????

DIdn't read it after the disappointment of Age of Ultron, AvX and other events. And I'm not a big Hickman fan.

#23 Posted by roaris87 (404 posts) - - Show Bio

Very interested in this, gonna be checking it out for sure. I haven't watched the little video yet, so I don't know if it gets explained, but are there any comics I should read before this? I'm not really caught up on any marvel series

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
#24 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

That 4th wall panel made me laugh out loud. Why can't THAT be the book?? A funny Lil romp??

Even though I do have some faith in this event, I think I actually would much rather read that :)

#25 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@micah said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

Infinity??????????????

Too confusing, but Original Sin is pretty damn good, however that just goes with having Jason Aaron as the writer.

#26 Posted by Ostyo (14103 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey Look...The Avenger Formally known as Thor...sweet!

#28 Posted by RageEx2 (234 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by micah007123 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

@micah said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

Infinity??????????????

Too confusing, but Original Sin is pretty damn good, however that just goes with having Jason Aaron as the writer.

Infinity wasn't that confusing thought. It was just two wars being fought on two different fronts.

#30 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (12493 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@micah said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:
@micah said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

Infinity??????????????

Infinity wasn't that confusing thought. It was just two wars being fought on two different fronts.

Yeah and I could not follow any of it. Original Sin on the other hand has a much simpler premise, Watcher's dead, who done it?

#32 Edited by micah007123 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

@micah said:

@micah said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

Infinity??????????????

Yeah and I could not follow any of it. Original Sin on the other hand has a much simpler premise, Watcher's dead, who done it?

I hear you. I hope Original Sin ends well.

#33 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@micah: I think it will, Jason Aaron is writing it and I trust him.

#34 Posted by akbogert (3323 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no desire to read this story and am concerned for how much it will mess up books I am reading going forward. BUT. That Deadpool variant...

#35 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (8899 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice

#36 Posted by Ostyo (14103 posts) - - Show Bio

@madeinbangladesh: Lol No, but last couple of articles you've disagreed with some decisions made in the comics. Thought it would be funny to say something.

#37 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why... even though I know everything that trailer told me... it made me excited xD

#38 Posted by UltronMk7 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Really looking forward to this. Love Remender's work on Uncanny X Force (1 of my fav runs ever) and now Uncanny Avengers. Love the idea of inversion and mixing things up. Tony Stark in particular will be awesome to see inverted. Also Thor's road to redemption will hopefully be a part of this. Hopeful this event will deliver the way Infinity and Original Sin did/is.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
#39 Posted by The Impersonator (8473 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
#40 Posted by StMichalofWilson (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be awesome!

#41 Posted by Kerrigan (266 posts) - - Show Bio

This could be fun. I'm liking the look of Kubert's art here. Also, would be nice to have the Vision front and center in a main Avengers book again, too.

#42 Edited by Bystander (2406 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man looks awesome on this cover... I mean, more awesome than ussualy.

#43 Posted by laabitres (801 posts) - - Show Bio

im so ready for this event so far the only recent marvel event ive loved was INFINITY cuz i saw no point for Original SIN but it hasn't been that bad

#44 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (12493 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo said:

@madeinbangladesh: Lol No, but last couple of articles you've disagreed with some decisions made in the comics. Thought it would be funny to say something.

oh haha

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
#45 Edited by Yung ANcient One (5308 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2 said:

The invert cover is a thing of genius.

I agree. I honestly never noticed until now. I got a good look at it and soon after I see Iron Man breaking the 4th wall and I'm all like DAMN!

ON TOPIC:

I do not understand how users claim they don't "care" or could/n't care any less yet they click on the thread. I also don't get why users go on threads to "hate."

I would like to see someone show me a comment where I said something negative about Swamp-Thing on a Swamp-Thing thread. I'm not a fan of Swamp-Thing(ST); therefore I do not go on ST threads.

If you don't like Storm, Batman, MARVEL, DC, et cetera... then don't visit threads that focus on these subjects. Why add negativity in your life? (+)

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
#46 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (7661 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan and Steve will be missed. Sniff.

Digging Thor without Mjolnir though. That axe is happening.

#47 Posted by blackkitty (449 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry but, I just don't care. This tendency to throw us from one crossover event straight into another one, over and over again just burns me out. I need down time. Also, the Red Skull and no Steve Rogers... just feels wrong to me. Sorry Sam, get your own villains.

#48 Posted by Supi (185 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for this!!Red Skull is the epitome of evilness with now the most powerful brain in the planet...I have the feeling that Magneto would be his ally because after all Onslaught was him&xavier together....

#49 Posted by DotPdf (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooo excited for this event! Definitely picking up that Deadpool variant.

#50 Posted by wimble23 (1952 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like the way that Thor looks.