Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Hareil0079

@monochrome0088 said:

Why does everyone keep asking for Jean Grey to come back to life?

Why not have her back? it'll actually make sense if she does. (after seeing the cover to AvX#11 I don't see that happening anymore)

For the amount of time that she has been dead, and all of the new developments in not just the X-Men universe, but the whole Marvel universe in general, if she were to return then where would she go?

Hmmm.... interesting logic, one that can be applied to a bunch of characters that have died and cameback in the MU but since you said XMU i'll just use Psylockeas an example

Scott's picked up Emma and it's clear that she's not letting go, not to mention the "He's gone insane" thing, which would probably only make her avoid him more. The Jean Grey Institute has a statue of her in their lawn, how awkward would it be to live in a place dedicated to your death.

scott picked emma... riiiiiight!? (Re-read new x-men for me ). as for living in place where someone is dead and brought back to life weird thing, didn't that happen with xavier being a dead for a bit and wasn't he brought back to life too?

I understand fan loyalty and the desire to see a favorite hero back in the front line-up, but the Marvel universe has gotten over her death in a good way, by making the characters move on. To undo that would not only create a character unaccustomed to the modern X-Men, but undo the character development centered around her death.

It's not so much loyalty at least not on my own personnel end its more about what we used to know about the PF in the MU and how marvel decided to switch things up cause they can and for their personal amusement. If jean came back she wouldn't be the first character in the XMU that came back, again look at how many times Psylocke has died and cameback and yet i don't see no dispute so why not Jean? Don't give me fanbase cause jean would've been back long ago, don't tell me no room in the story or situations wouldn't allow cause if that's the case then Psylocke didn't need to comeback regardless of the reasoning there's plenty of powerful telekinetic users who could've done what psylocke did(dont get me wrong I'm big fan of hers and she's probably my fav. female mutant of all time but hey i'm just being real for a moment)Not to forget to mention AvX does leave open for jeans character and for it to finally expand beyond what she was and her staple.

flame_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By flame_x

@wildcardcomics said:

I'm hoping this series delivers at the end. And I think I might be alone here, but I miss the way Cyclops was back in the 1990s when Jim Lee was drawing him. To me Cyclops was never a jerk, he was just a leader, he was the Leonardo of the team. I'm hoping Marvel does him justice one of these days, instead of him being the punching bag or go to deusche-bag.

Anyways, AVX is exciting, keep up the good work Marvel.

I dont see why people are bashing the direction that Cyclops has gone in...He is still an amazing leader he just has to make tougher decisions now. Do you really think his persona wouldnt change after witnessing countless of his friends deaths including his mentor, his wife, and even Nightcrawler, constant oppression, hate, and fear from people who the X-Men are trying to protect and coexist with. And more importantly his race is on the brink of extinction. so yea he has changed and all these events happened after the 1990s so he has to be a little more tougher and make decisions that he wouldnt have. if that makes him a douchebag then so be it, but if he isnt the way he is now and didnt make the tough decisions the mutants and X-Men would have been wiped out a long time ago. And he is taking a gamble with the Phoenix force but atleast hes taking the risk.

flame_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By flame_x

@monochrome0088 said:

No surprise that the X-Men are the enemies now. Their logic from the beginning as to why they need to bring the Phoenix to Earth was kind of flawed, with a vague hope that the Phoenix Force was going to restore mutantkind while ignoring that logic says it will kill all life on the planet. That's not just a gamble, that's blindness and desperation.

Can you blame them for their desperation? There arent over 16millions mutants anymore there are less than 200 -__- and regardless the Phoenix Force was coming, did come. You saw what happened in AvX5 imagine what would have happened if the X-men gave up in the first place. Yea its a risk but its a risk worth taking. The X-Men are the most experienced with the Phoenix so its only right that they are the one to handle it. And to me the Avengers are the enemies not the X-Men.

Ageofstryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Ageofstryfe

I had stopped reading all comics after AoA not due to dislike but I guess different priorities. I have came back to Marvel and my favorite super hero team (X-Men) with this crossover. I was at a bookstore one day and seen some AvX books on the racks and thought what the heck. I went back and read a bunch of X titles leading up to this and have enjoyed it all. I found this forum and thought cool a place to talk about whats going on; however this place is like hearing Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons talk about these books. Really its just "worst comic ever" over and over. Anyhow I dont see how the PF-5 could be thought of as bad guys. If you read the most recent X-Men Legacy Scott went to Africa and disarmed everbody, the Cuckoo's tell Frenzy they have no more problems. It will somehow be played out in that direction though. I like another poster want to see what Cable's role in all this will be. He should be as powerful as Nate Grey or Stryfe without the T/O virus and will hopefully play a big part. So thank you Marvel for getting me back as a loyal reader (Ive bought more digital comics since buying that first AvX than I did in all the 90's) they are doing something right and forget what all these Comic Book Guys have to say!!

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#155  Edited By KidSupreme

cool