• 74 results
#51 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9840 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm nowhere near interested in this. I don't think anyone cares about these specific X-Men. The ONLY ONE that matters is X-23 excuse me the new Wolverine. The others NEED to just disappear.

#52 Edited by mangakid1995 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85:Or actual mutants who drank deep of Cyclops' cool aid and are causing havoc instead of running to god knows where with the rest of mutant kind.

@lagozzino said:

Yknow, if the Original 5 x-men had been sent back to their own time at the end of Battle Of The Atom (which is what that whole story was logically leading up to), those first couple years of Bendis' All New X-Men could have been this great little experiment that worked... but here we are, and these characters are still inexplicably around and just... uuuuuuuuugh

At least Lemire's X-men book only has teen Jean in it, and maybe she won't show up too much...

Young Jean is on a team with Old Man Logan, I'm certain that they will be a huge focus for the book.

@donmeca2020 said:

So judging by that first cover image, the x-men are now some how reverted to being teens now? WTF is that ?

Did you miss Marvel Now? Let me try and catch you up. Beast traveled back in time and brought the original X-Men to the present in misguided attempt to show Cyclops the error of his ways after AvX. For better or worse here we are some five years later and those 5 are still around with Cyclops having spent an extended period of time in space getting to know his father Corsair, young Iceman has been revealed to be gay or at least bisexual based on his adult self being straight, Angel has started a relationship with X-23/All-New Wolverine and was given cosmic powers by a Celestial artifact in a cross-over event with the Guardians of the Galaxy called Black Vortex, Jean Grey developed her telepathic powers earlier than in the original time line and was still struggling with them last time I could afford to read an X-Man comic, and to my knowledge Beast has just kind been along for the ride up till now. Hopefully thats enough backstory to understand this comic.

#53 Posted by BeholdtheVison (191 posts) - - Show Bio

So much negativity in these comments :/

#54 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85:Or actual mutants who drank deep of Cyclops' cool aid and are causing havoc instead of running to god knows where with the rest of mutant kind.

I was under the impression that the Terregen Bomb effectively sterilized active mutants and nullified any unknown ones (or turning them into Inhumans instead).

Avatar image for the_impersonator
#55 Posted by The Impersonator (8473 posts) - - Show Bio

That dance cover is hilarious.

#56 Posted by Supi (185 posts) - - Show Bio

To much negativity about a title that we don't even read yet only because of the O5(Not even 5 because Jean will be in Extraordinary team)...Read first and then burn it if it's not good...BUT READ FIRST!!!We can't judge a title from 2 unlettered pages or from Bagley's art only for God's sake...

#57 Posted by lagozzino (555 posts) - - Show Bio

@lagozzino said:

Yknow, if the Original 5 x-men had been sent back to their own time at the end of Battle Of The Atom (which is what that whole story was logically leading up to), those first couple years of Bendis' All New X-Men could have been this great little experiment that worked... but here we are, and these characters are still inexplicably around and just... uuuuuuuuugh

At least Lemire's X-men book only has teen Jean in it, and maybe she won't show up too much...

Young Jean is on a team with Old Man Logan, I'm certain that they will be a huge focus for the book.

Shhhhhsh, let me have some delusional hope :(

#58 Posted by donmeca2020 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@mangakid1995: well thank you.... i havent followed any X titles during marvel now... just the whole juggernaut returns arc and one of the last ones when bobby was revealed to be a gay. Quite frankly sounds to me like a cluster you know what.

#59 Posted by Jota23 (308 posts) - - Show Bio

Ramos in Extraordinary X-Men, Land in Uncanny and people are complaining about Mark Bagley's art. Jesus Christ!

Isn't it bad enough he's being wasted in this crap?

#60 Posted by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

So much negativity in these comments :/

Marvel comics have been a negative place for a long time now.

#61 Posted by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio
@spulk said:

To much negativity about a title that we don't even read yet only because of the O5(Not even 5 because Jean will be in Extraordinary team)...Read first and then burn it if it's not good...BUT READ FIRST!!!We can't judge a title from 2 unlettered pages or from Bagley's art only for God's sake...

No we can't judge the entire issue, but we get a general idea from the tenor of marvel and what they've been doing to the X-men ever since the Avengers and now the Inhuman's have been in ascendence. For myself I feel the X-men are obsolete with so many super powered creatures running around on Earth. Why fear a mutant and accept the Human Torch?

Further I feel that the time travel thing with the O5 is another one of those Bendis ideas that sounded great enough to get by a credible editor but that Bendis had no idea what to do beyond the shock value of bringing them forward and doing the whole gay bit for sales. Now -as usual- another writer will have to clean up the mess Bendis left. If they even bother to. Either way I feel that this is just a throw-a-way title to keep some of the X-man fans interested and in the end it will go nowhere and last just as long.

#62 Posted by BumBurger (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Thought this would be over after Secret Wars... guess not.

#63 Posted by Lordhuck (105 posts) - - Show Bio

@vikhalla:

That's a bit melodramatic...I think he's just wishing they worked for an advertising company in their art department instead of on his beloved comics.

#64 Edited by Supi (185 posts) - - Show Bio

@mark_stephen: I agree in some parts but let's read 1-2 issues first and then we can judge if the title is good or a success or a failure...Of course it seems to be a new mutants version of the title(and uncanny will be an x-force version) so I think we had an idea what to expect...Lately I saw that negativity affect almost all the coments for the titles before we even had the copy in our hands...As for Marvel being a negative place for a long time,I think nothing can supress DC's new 52....But both companies had the excuse of having the same characters for more than 50 years(75 in DC's case)there's not much they can do now for them to work now....

#65 Edited by Ultra_beleco (389 posts) - - Show Bio

"The mutants and X-Men appear to be hated now more than ever."

No way! Mutant hate? All new Marvel guys!!!

Anyway...I'm the only one who actually loved the art?

#66 Posted by NimaMindTricks (4684 posts) - - Show Bio

@lsrotj said:

Woah, talk about your pieces of crap!

#67 Posted by dr4hearts91 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

You're kidding, right? Really?

Well, at least this article saved me from spending my money...

#68 Posted by Shinjitsu (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@iceman228433: Your brain is broken if you think that art is terrible. You might not like the style, but that's on you.

#69 Posted by bigsoto74 (332 posts) - - Show Bio

I have't followed this title, but can someone explain why does Angel have Flame Wings? I know he becomes the Archangel when he is older, but is he like a Hells Angel now?

#70 Posted by fodigg (6244 posts) - - Show Bio

Firewing angel is the dumb.

I did like the evil cyclops gang.

#71 Posted by Vitalius (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

@kokemabb200: I dont know if there new terrigen mist bomb or it is the other bomb that happened in Infinity/Inhumanity but Uncanny Avengers pick up after 8 months later, so this could be happening before that. But we also know that apperantly "all X-men" disapeared so that could mean that they are in another place like X-Planet. Personally i think that All-New X-men should be about new and young X-Men instead of Past 05 X-Men specially since they seem to not be needed.

#72 Posted by optimusfunk (10 posts) - - Show Bio

The dream is dead.

#74 Edited by Nate-Grey (109 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get the hate - it looks okay to me. Fun, actually. Oya is a very random addition, as is Genesis, interesting, but random. I also hope they explain why Jean's not on the roster.

#75 Posted by Nate-Grey (109 posts) - - Show Bio