gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

Hated and feared more than ever, the world is a more dangerous place for mutants. But as the few remaining X-Men retreat into seclusion, a handful of teenagers will strike out on their own – refusing to let their fate be decided for them. Today, Marvel is pleased to present your new look at ALL-NEW X-MEN #1 – the new series from Dennis Hopeless (X-Men: Season One) and Mark Bagley (Ultimate Spider-Man)! Stepping out of the shadows of their predecessors and future selves – Cyclops, Angel, Iceman, the All-New Wolverine, Kid Apocalpyse and Oya are hitting the road, learning to be heroes, and changing their destinies. But with the world a more hostile place than ever for their kind – is there hope for their future? Find out this December in ALL-NEW X-MEN #1!

ALL-NEW X-MEN #1 (SEP150666)

Written by DENNIS HOPELESS

Art & Cover by MARK BAGLEY

Variant Cover by MARK BAGLEY (SEP150668)

Hip-Hop Variant by ED PISKOR (SEP150667)

Kirby Monster Variant by JACK KIRBY (SEP150669)

FOC – 11/9/15, On-Sale – 12/2/15

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

This is not selling it for me.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

WTF is this garbage? is that Art a joke? This looks terrible well I can take this one off the list of things to buy. Are they making this comic for babies?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Sooo... Inhuman kids who believe they are mutants and drinking deep of Cyclops' cool aid?

Prospero_Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Prospero_Locke

the only thing that truly interests me is Evan being in this series

well and youngish Beast

beaubier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeahh, I dunno about this one. These panels haven't sold it to me, either, and Hopeless has been largely hit or miss as a writer for me.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of all things to survive Secret Wars why did this Bendis abomination make it out ugh.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I thought the Terrigen cloud was poisoning all the mutants.. why do they all look so spry?

Also, this title is probably (easily) the most underwhelming of all the X-Books coming out.

ianrogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that art sucks donkey

Avatar image for 51stpresidentofplanetneutral
51stPresidentofPlanetNeutral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

the only thing that truly interests me is Evan being in this series

I agree with you 500% there, but considering that young Cyclops has proven himself to be a rather impressive character on his own when he was dicking around space with his dad, he's also part of the reason why this comic may be better than what people think it will be.

Plus, keep in mind that a lot of people thought Invincible Iron Man wouldn't be that great seeing as how Bendis is on it. First issue released a little while ago, and it was amazing. Bagley's art isn't that bad either. He does have a small problem with keeping the characters' faces dissimilar, though, but that's not all that much of a problem really. All in all, I'm looking forward to this.

Also, Evan's in it, and even if I wasn't optimistic about this series, I'd still read it. Because Evan.

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, Bagley's art has dropped in a lot quality.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol so the writing in the previous run was absolute trash but no one talked about that because the art was pretty...now we see the art with no words and people are flipping out. Sigh, I hate people.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not into it.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Lol so the writing in the previous run was absolute trash but no one talked about that because the art was pretty...now we see the art with no words and people are flipping out. Sigh, I hate people.

I definitely talked about how the writing was crap, so you can put me in the hater column. The artwork was nice, but I didn't like the use of the repeated panels gimmick.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Pass. The same crap they been selling before secret wars

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

I definitely talked about how the writing was crap, so you can put me in the hater column. The artwork was nice, but I didn't like the use of the repeated panels gimmick.

In the old run I kind of saw the repeated panels thing coming given how that's a staple of Bendis and that he lacked consistent art/line work teams. Doesn't excuse it, but to me that was at least forgivable especially considering the lack of an actual plot in the book

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I thought about buying this, but... I kinda feel like I shouldn't because its O5 X-men and I don't feel like encouraging Marvel to go that route.

The good news is Hopeless didn't put twenty plus reminders of Wiccans sexuality in House of M without there being a logical reason for it to come up so there is a chance he can actually write decent story with an homosexual on the team...

Yeah, I've got nothing except this writer has proven having a minority character on his team doesn't turn his book into surface level tolerant but actually bigoted dirt.

Well, maybe with this tone it is something for a younger readership.

illmatic4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By illmatic4177

Never been the biggest fan of Bagley, but he is serviceable if the writing is good, the first two years of All New X-Men were tremendously entertaining. Hopeless is also hit or miss with me so we shall see. I will say this, Marvel is not playing around with this hop hop thing man! A cover inspired by Camp Lo's "Uptown Saturday Night" from 96'?! Respect.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iceman looks gay

LordRyus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh... no thanks.

BeholdtheVison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This looks incredible!

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soo how come them being in the future for this long ...and basicly trying to change everthing they are ( Like Iceman and his sexuality O.o ) still haven't caused a disaster yet ? I mean what, Time-contiuum just giving them a free pass ? O.o

I would've thought if they are trying to re-write X-men and yet premise is the same or worse than ever... They are hated and feared even more ! Great !

beaubier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

dude, who isn't thrilled that Bendis is off this title?

frankly, if he never wrote an X-title again, it would be too soon.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaubier said:
@koays said:

dude, who isn't thrilled that Bendis is off this title?

frankly, if he never wrote an X-title again, it would be too soon.

Lol you couldn't tell from the preview boards.... I mean I get that the premise was silly but for that to be the only thing that was mentioned for 40 issues, when the book was either driving in circles or off cliffs is a little much.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

IF WE ONLY HAVE THREE X TITLES

why does this have to be one? God something with Cannonball, and Karma, or the real Cyclops, Emma? Maybe Hellion and Rockslide, I can think of idk 30 other characters to be in this book and not well whatever this is.

Come on Extra and Uncanny lol

beaubier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

IF WE ONLY HAVE THREE X TITLES

why does this have to be one? God something with Cannonball, and Karma, or the real Cyclops, Emma? Maybe Hellion and Rockslide, I can think of idk 30 other characters to be in this book and not well whatever this is.

Come on Extra and Uncanny lol

If I could get a quality book starring the NXM kids I would throw so much money at it. :(

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Lol. What garbage!!! Please dont support this people!!! Show marvel we hate this and let them know to send the O5 back home.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Nope. This and All New Wolverine aren't making it into my collection. Send the 05 back...

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28  Edited By lagozzino

Yknow, if the Original 5 x-men had been sent back to their own time at the end of Battle Of The Atom (which is what that whole story was logically leading up to), those first couple years of Bendis' All New X-Men could have been this great little experiment that worked... but here we are, and these characters are still inexplicably around and just... uuuuuuuuugh

At least Lemire's X-men book only has teen Jean in it, and maybe she won't show up too much...

Avatar image for robertelsmore77
RobertElsmore77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do some of these artists get paid for this?

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So judging by that first cover image, the x-men are now some how reverted to being teens now? WTF is that ?

justinisdrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i would've never guess that was Bagely's artwork. what the hell....

brian88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Puuuuuuke!!!!

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@donmeca2020: its different x men, but the same ones, its a long story if you dont know about the 05 just thank Doom and don't ask questions lol

Vikhalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So we're wishing starvation and destitution upon someone because we don't like how they draw pictures of fake people? Just checking because it sounds like that's what some of y'all are doing.

Prospero_Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@51stpresidentofplanetneutral:im not a huge fan of Cyclops (young or old), but I wont let his presence push me away from a comic. I am a huge fan of Bagley, however. Evan getting some attention alone will probably make this on my pull list. because... (as you said) EVAN!

crimsonmist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

x men

x force

x calibur

x treme x men

josh79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep hoping that I'll wake up in an alternate universe where this "PC" comic nonsense is gone

I really hope they are doing this in an attempt to get the movie rights back from fox?

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are the X-men all hated and feared and such when the Avengers have and have had mutants on the team for years now? What is the difference after all between Spider-Man and anyone of them on this team? I really think the 'hated and feared' bit is obsolete with so many super powered types walking around on other teams.

Also shouldn't time and space be destroyed by now or has marvel simply junked the entire idea of there being consequences for dumb uses of time travel?

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if this is the new junior squad of Xmen running around and Apocalypse and Oya are on the team then maybe theres hope for the return of Kid Gladiator

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

HIS CODENAME ISN'T KID APOCALYPSE IT'S GENESIS DAMN IT!!!! Also the one of 2 reasons I'm reading this.

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I just might be the only one excited for this title. Curious to see a powered up Angel that doesn't have blue skin and how long it will last. Wonder if teen Bobby Drake can now power wise surpass regular Drake now that he is "uninhibited" from his true self. Hopeful to see continued character development from Oya and Evan.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

All New Scooby-Doo Gang!

AnnabellRice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody know the name of the character featured on the Kirby Monster cover?

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really Interesting :)

As always with any X-Titles, I hope they will give a real X-Superhero book and not one of the crappy "oh, they will exterminate us, so fight with human and fight each others without doing anything supereroic anymore" that have been near all X-Titles from the House of M to today...

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So judging by that first cover image, the x-men are now some how reverted to being teens now? WTF is that ?

The quick version of the story is that present day Beast went back in time to grab the original X-Men to try and show present day Cyclops exactly how far from grace he has fallen. After a lot of high jinks and shenanigans...they basically decide to stay in the present.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

marveldcfan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers