Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

UNCANNY AVENGERS #17

No Caption Provided

(W) Gerry Duggan (A) Pepe Larraz (CA) Steve McNiven

• The former Avengers fight a rampaging zombie Hulk and ninjas in Japan.

• It's brother versus brother! Voodoo takes on his scheming brother in a climactic battle.

• And for 17 issues the Red Skull has plotted, lurked and waited for the time to destroy the Unity Squad. His wait is over...

Rated T

OCT160885 In Shops: Dec 14, 2016 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By 2cool4fun

Wait what...when did this happen...what? How did he turn into a zombie? Besides with his healing factor, would he not come back to life if he is functioning? I am so confused.

What confuses me more is all these new members. And also, I thought the OG wasp was done, so then, why do we need an all new wasp, if the Janet is still around? In fact, what ever even happened to her, I forget why she stopped appearing for so long.

Idk...I stopped following this book a while ago, and this ark seems interesting from the preview, but so many new questions, and idk if it's worth it.

werst9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@2cool4fun: the hand did it, its magic so hes not full alive, og wasp is semi-retired but came back after hank pym ultron hybrid.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WastelandMan

@2cool4fun said:

Wait what...when did this happen...what? How did he turn into a zombie? Besides with his healing factor, would he not come back to life if he is functioning? I am so confused.

What confuses me more is all these new members. And also, I thought the OG wasp was done, so then, why do we need an all new wasp, if the Janet is still around? In fact, what ever even happened to her, I forget why she stopped appearing for so long.

Idk...I stopped following this book a while ago, and this ark seems interesting from the preview, but so many new questions, and idk if it's worth it.

Hulk was killed in Civil War II by an arrow made specifically to kill him and designed by Banner himself. The Hand later revived Hulk which is why he's back and rampaging in the comic. Also, this Wasp is Janet.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is Electra able to stab Hulk?

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soo where is Carol or Hawkeye to clean up their mess ? It is because of them that Hulk got resurrected as a monster without Banner living inside...

I mean honestly, did they really expect villians to NOT use Banner's body to get the hulk ? They are still trying to catch Red Skull for stealing Prof X's freaking brain from his dead body... How can they be this stupid ?! Come on....

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Larraz might be my favorite Marvel artist atm. UA is definitely my favorite Marvel comic.

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@sly_141 said:

X-23 and Wolverine were both able to put out his eyes during WWH, so it's not without precedent. They'll probably grow back like they did in that case, too, but it's still a weak point.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sly_141 said:

X-23 and Wolverine were both able to put out his eyes during WWH, so it's not without precedent. They'll probably grow back like they did in that case, too, but it's still a weak point.

Also, when Anger is the source of his power, how much can he generate in these circumstances? I'd wager it isn't much.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@wowlock: I'm pretty sure they had safeguards in place but Doctor Voodoo's ghost brother sold them out

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thedailybagel  Moderator

These three issues have basically been Rogue punching Hulk whilst he does nothing but roar.

Xelossik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Xelossik

Thedailybagel

3?

in 15 Rogue didn't punch him because he had his first appearance on last page

and from preview we can see that she will be sick for most of 17

Wowlock :
I mean honestly, did they really expect villians to NOT use Banner's body to get the hulk ? They are still trying to catch Red Skull for stealing Prof X's freaking brain from his dead body... How can they be this stupid ?! Come on....

We had Civil War 2 and this was possible because some heroes were fighting.

illmatic4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This book has been consistently good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: This may come off as a bit dickish but if you'd taken the time to read the recap page you would have saved yourself the time it took to write that comment.

On the topic of new members Janet joined the team after Pymtron came back from space, as for Elektra I refer you once again to the recap page. As for you're second question there are currently 3 spider-men in this universe and 2 Captain America's an extra wasp isn't a bid deal, and Janet was never done being the Wasp it's more like she went part-time after she came back from the dead and the whole ordeal with the Apocalypse Twins in the first volume of Uncanny Avengers.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@thedailybagel: I've just caught up on this Zombie Hulk story and wow it is really bad. The story is underwhelming, it's obsessed with the Terrigen Mist stuff and Zombie Hulk is a huge disappointment

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@thedailybagel: I've just caught up on this Zombie Hulk story and wow it is really bad. The story is underwhelming, it's obsessed with the Terrigen Mist stuff and Zombie Hulk is a huge disappointment

Its awful, Hulk literally isnt doing anything at all. You'd think the world would shit themselves if the guy destined by ulysses to basically end it had come back as a mindless zombie, but no one seems bothered and Duggan isn't doing him any justice.

kalorama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Larraz might be my favorite Marvel artist atm.

I agree. His stuff is really good.

kalorama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: This may come off as a bit dickish but if you'd taken the time to read the recap page you would have saved yourself the time it took to write that comment.

On the topic of new members Janet joined the team after Pymtron came back from space, as for Elektra I refer you once again to the recap page. As for you're second question there are currently 3 spider-men in this universe and 2 Captain America's an extra wasp isn't a bid deal, and Janet was never done being the Wasp it's more like she went part-time after she came back from the dead and the whole ordeal with the Apocalypse Twins in the first volume of Uncanny Avengers.

The density of explanation that second paragraph represents a lot of what's wrong with current super-hero comics.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: @lvenger:

This isn't one of the series' best arcs but as a whole it's pretty decent. One of the few ones Marvel has out right now.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By 2cool4fun

@mangakid1995: Yeah...I forget about the recap pages a lot...it's still pretty confusing even with it, if you're not following everything, the whole hanktron coming back, I totally missed it, would think it would be a bigger deal, then just "hey, he's around again".

Also I still stand by the fact that Hulk shouldn't be a Zombie, I mean , how was he able to turn dead banner into hulk, and how is it that hulks healing factor has not brought him back to life? I mean his healing factor is just as good as wolverines.

SoHowAboutNo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SoHowAboutNo

My God this............This is horrible whats marvel doing

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zombie hulk could be a good opportunity to make a Doomsday-like threat,but looks like he was actually being depowered to be just another mindless thug from some villain.

Avatar image for spiderhyphenman
spiderhyphenman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This book is all fun and i'm gonna enjoy it until Red skull and Cap come back then i'm gonna enjoy it some more!!

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man. I was waiting for this issue!

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mark_Stephen

I don't know, I'd say that many characters with the same names and powers shows some laziness on the part of the marvel writing staff. Or maybe they are just too enslaved to marketing, if you need a new character why take a chance and let the character stand or fall on their own when you can take advantage of a legacy and build from that? Why put in the energy to create a new character with a new name or power set? Far easier just to slap the old name on a new character. But along the mark when we reach the 10th or 20th Spider-Man I think people will get tired of it.

I agree with the above, since a lot the Hulk's strength comes from anger. I don't think zombies are the angriest type of undead to start with and I don't think they can get that angry.

nanamormor90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

How did Zombie Hulk still appear Cho siphoned all gamma on him

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ducey13

How is Bruce able to HULK OUT if Amadeus took the HULK from him?

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28  Edited By Stahlflamme

@lvenger said:

Its awful, Hulk literally isnt doing anything at all. You'd think the world would shit themselves if the guy destined by ulysses to basically end it had come back as a mindless zombie, but no one seems bothered and Duggan isn't doing him any justice.

Duggan not doing Hulk justice? Never heard that one before, eh?

*cough*Doc Green*cough*

RDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A nice number of years since I stopped reading Marvel (and DC, too), so forgive me if I'm a bit out of the world. But: Deadpool, Rogue, and Elektra in the Avengers? Elektra and that other girl making jokes over an enemy with cynism? Unthinkable for the real "Earth Mightiest Heroes!" What is this? WHAT? An Image superheroteam from the 90s? Almost everything crumbled with Quesada/Bendis, and it seems that everyone keeps building upon those rubbles with bricks of nothing and fecal matter as cement!

jeanvaljean11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right now this is definitely my favorite Marvel series. Love this art, really enjoy this team, really enjoy reading Rogue as a leader (propably metter of time when they will make her villain too).

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I love the idea of Electra becoming a hero after the Pleasant Hill brainwashing.