Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

THE PUNISHER #17

(W) Nathan Edmondson (A/CA) Mitch Gerads

THE PUNISHER VERSUS CAPTAIN AMERICA IN THE NATION'S CAPITAL!

• The Punisher sees justice done, but his vigilantism won't be ignored anymore.

• Has Frank finally come up against a force he can't match?

Parental Advisory

Item Code: FEB150808 In Shops: 4/1/2015 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for comicbookhoarder
Comicbookhoarder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Cool! :-D

Nargaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Now let´s be honest. Sam Wilson got no chance vs Frank. But we all now, that the battle will end, with the flight of Frank. Is there a ,,Falcon vs Punisher" thrad? I want to tell the people there, that the Punisher would win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I heard this run was good.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't Read a punisher comic since the 90s but i do have to say he looks bad ass with the skull mask nowadays !! When did that start ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

@donmeca2020: With this series.

Thank you Captain Obvious..... i mean what issue and how far back ?

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sprior93 said:

@donmeca2020: With this series.

Thank you Captain Obvious..... i mean what issue and how far back ?

First issue. He wasn't being a smartass. lol

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@farkam said:

I heard this run was good.

It has been very enjoyable. I really enjoy Edmonson's work, especially over at Black Widow. He has crafted a very exciting story. I'm looking forward to see how his last couple issues play out.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Absolutely love this cover.

dtm1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By dtm1980

@nargaroth: Frank murdered New Vulture in mid air, plummeting into the streets of New York with zero fucks given. If they totally disregard that here, even though he wouldn't kill "Falcon America", they're taking the absolute piss. Bet it either gets interrupted or it ends in a lecture!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Frank is far superior than Falcon. That's the reality, but in this run he's been downgraded in his skills, so or the Howling Commandos are going to save his @$$ or he will get beaten (again).

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#14  Edited By Teerack

@bionder said:

Frank is far superior than Falcon. That's the reality, but in this run he's been downgraded in his skills, so or the Howling Commandos are going to save his @$$ or he will get beaten (again).

He hasn't been down graded in skill. This book is just being written by an actual solider and treating Frank like an actual solider. He has real human limits and this books is also addressing the fact Frank is getting pretty old.

Frank isn't going to go for a kill shot when fighting Falcon or any of the army guys, and only has the limited gear on him. He is at a huge disadvantage so if he didn't knowledge being out matched in this situation he would be an idiot and it wouldn't represent his tactical mind very well.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@bionder said:

He hasn't been down graded in skill. This book is just being written by an actual solider and treating Frank like an actual solider. He has real human limits and this books is also addressing the fact Frank is getting pretty old.

Frank isn't going to go for a kill shot when fighting Falcon or any of the army guys, and only has the limited gear on him. He is at a huge disadvantage so if he didn't knowledge being out matched in this situation he would be an idiot and it wouldn't represent his tactical mind very well.

This series has really be garbage in my opinion. In the first fifteen issues, Punisher was: ambushed or captured nearly every other issue. If the writer wants to make Castle super realistic, that's fine, but we already had that in the Max line. This book is just the same couple scenes over and over again every couple of issues.

bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@teerack: Edmondson isn't a soldier, he is a writer that has a huge experience in military books and who has many contacts in the military.

I agree with most you said, but after his family was killed. Frank as a soldier was far gone. He is the Punisher. He only relies on his experience as soldier to do what he does best. Punish the wicked.

Frank isn't "old", he isn't the vietnam vet anymore. He is now an afghanistan veteran so he probably is in his 40's maximum. Portraying him as a regular soldier is in my opinion the huge mistake of Edmondson. He couldn't handle the Howling Commandos twice! They might be good but outmatch Frank twice is a bit overated, imo.
So if he's being downgraded? To me, yes. He seems like a regular soldier or a CIA/FBI operator who lives in MU and gets beaten all the time. And as a fan for more than 20 years, Frank is more than that, i can't recognise the Punisher like this.

Regarding his fight with Falcon and trying not to hurt him much is a huge disadvantage. But i still think he could find a way to beat him, even in hand to hand in mid-air but as he is being portrayed in this run, this won't happen. I'm antecipating another beating or someone will intervene in the fight or even he is going to give a good chat to Falcon and say how wrong he is about him.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@bionder: 40 is very old to be going day to day fighting criminals, commandos, and super heroes/villains. Realistically it takes a degree of suspensions of disbelief to believe anyone can keep up Publisher's life style even if he was in his 20s without burning himself out and having some kind of permanent handicap, so I think calling out his age at this point in the game makes a lot of senses.

We have zero reference on the skill of the commandos so you can't actually say he should have been able to beat them. The first time Frank was taken down by a sniper that came out of no where. That's not really something you can really counter... The second time when they knew he knew about them they HAD to get hostages because they wouldn't be able to take him without the leverage, so I don't really see where the mistake is for how the howling commandos plaid out...

How does Frank seem like a regular solider when he was tortured like the other spoilers and never broke and then ended up saving them all in the end while fighting off Crossbones who was out of the other soldier's class? He's been beaten enough that pretty much anyone else would give up but he still keeps winning. It may not be pretty but when is it ever? Think about Greg Rucka's run. It was probably my favorite Punisher run but the entire series Frank was dragging his bloody body back into the shadows and rarely able to open both eyes at once.

This seems to be a common phenomenon among comic readers where the second they see their favorite character struggling they think that some how takes away from their high points. All people have high and low points even in fiction, just because a character gets knocked down doesn't mean they still can't get back up and win/do all the other stuff they've done before.

I don't think Falcon and the Army will be able to take Frank in.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bd09059b7585
deactivated-5bd09059b7585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 202

Wait, in Civil War, Punisher refused to fight Captain America. What makes this any different?

sgu823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erikderricott: This isn't the same Captain America. I thought that was pretty obvious.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That art tho