Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

THE MIGHTY THOR #13

No Caption Provided

(W) Jason Aaron (A) Steve Epting (CA) Russell Dauterman

Kicking off a two-part story with guest artist STEVE EPTING!

• The War of the Realms rages on. The only way to defeat Malekith is for the realms to join forces, and it's up to Thor to bring them together.

• Heroes from across the ten realms - including Lady Sif and Angela - have united under Thor's command to form a new League of Realms with the sole mission of bringing this war to an end.

• And their first mission: Infiltrate Dark-Elf-occupied territory...

Rated T+

SEP161015 In Shops: Nov 23, 2016 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

First!

So excited for this. I love Steve Epting and I'm enjoying the ride with Jane Thor so far. I want to see Odinson return of course, but all in due time.

#2 Posted by Dark_Stranger (372 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool stuff.

Now it's only a matter of time till all the purist hate posts start coming along, and turn this into another trashcan of saltyness an whining. lol

#3 Posted by Uche12345 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool stuff.

Now it's only a matter of time till all the purist hate posts start coming along, and turn this into another trashcan of saltyness an whining. lol

Please don't be so negative, friend.

#4 Posted by King_Nomarch (2115 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool stuff.

No Caption Provided

#5 Posted by Dark_Stranger (372 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_stranger said:

Cool stuff.

Please don't be so negative, friend.

Not trying to be. lol

Just stating the truth.

I have no qualms with people sharing their opinion or having a difference of opinion. But certain people just come to things like this and do nothing but rant an hate, etc. Even mocking others who might actually be okay or like the series.

I mean think of it like the protests. I understand it, and have no problem with them doing any peaceful protests. However when some individuals turn it into a riot that destroys, loots, vandalizes, etc. You just not only lose respect and understanding from others, but your also making a very bad picture of yourself an those like you.

An while it'd be good for everyone who doesn't like the series and character direction taken thus far, to express their differences without any negativity and the likes. It just however doesn't seem likely to be the case, seeing as how this has been going on for ... what a couple of years now or so? So if it hasn't stopped yet, then don't expect it to now, and also no wrong in saying what'll happen as per usual with these type of threads.

#6 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awful.

#7 Posted by del_torro (3623 posts) - - Show Bio

Sif, Angela and those two from the guild of realms... This looks interesting. Am I the only one dieing for a mini where sif, angela and brunhilde just go around pawning armies and being badass? I'm surprised marvel hasn't done anything like that

#8 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Blvk_PaRker (88 posts) - - Show Bio

No way Marvel is still doing this diversity crap?!

Okay that's it I'm taking all my money to DC

#11 Posted by titing2101 (1204 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_stranger said:

Cool stuff.

there is a reason to hate... many things jane thor did shoud never have happened. fighting odin? come on! mjolnir retcon. jane thor - the story that discarded everything that has been established in short, BS.

#12 Posted by del_torro (3623 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nerevarine_11: I enjoyed JIM, it was a cool Sif solo, but I'm talking about a book where sif, angela and brunhilde go together on a mission for Odin or something similar. I enjoyed Sif in JiM, Brunhilde in fear itself tie ins (haven read the original defenders though), and Angela in asgards assassin (hate queen of hel), I think bringing the 3 of them for a short term rag tag team up would be cool. Hopefully Sif and Angela tag team in this issue.

#13 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by z3ro180 (8778 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good

#15 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

@titing2101 said:
@dark_stranger said:

Cool stuff.

there is a reason to hate... many things jane thor did shoud never have happened. fighting odin? come on! mjolnir retcon. jane thor - the story that discarded everything that has been established in short, BS.

^x90000

#16 Posted by BKole (590 posts) - - Show Bio

'Cause Thor never fought Odin before.

Honestly don't get the hate for this title - All I can put it down to is Misogyny, because these are the sorts of people who whine about pandering to "SJW" (AKA anyone who isn't a white-middle-age-guy) because they "whinge the loudest" yet come onto forums to complain about everything that isn't middle-aged-white-guy doing things he did before with a slightly different spin.

It's REALLY boring.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
#17 Edited by ThunderingThorFan (406 posts) - - Show Bio

@bkole: NOT as boring as your argument or this comic! ;)

#18 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

@bkole said:

'Cause Thor never fought Odin before.

Honestly don't get the hate for this title - All I can put it down to is Misogyny, because these are the sorts of people who whine about pandering to "SJW" (AKA anyone who isn't a white-middle-age-guy) because they "whinge the loudest" yet come onto forums to complain about everything that isn't middle-aged-white-guy doing things he did before with a slightly different spin.

It's REALLY boring.

Ah, the classic "Misogyny" argument.

Could it just be that maybe Marvel has gone against the rules they have set up for themselves. I'm pretty sure if Beta Ray Bill did the same thing Jane did, people would be just as up in arms.

#19 Edited by ThunderingThorFan (406 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv: Even then! By the same token, she is just a re-run of Thor himself! BRB has his own history built up. He could be a character with or without Thor. Jane is attached to his hip! No matter what, she's only relevant due to her lovers connection to him and that will NEVER change!

Now, let's address the "Boring" comment! So the different angle is that she's a woman?! Woopeee!!!!! She's done nothing of interest. Nothing new. And anything new or "impressive" that the hammer does is because of, you guessed it, THE HAMMER!

Now THAT, is Boring!

Quite honestly, that's what is one of the principal things wrong with this "story." All of Thor's stories are epic because Thor is at the heart of them. All of a sudden, the once ok story became gimmick oriented instead of Thor oriented. Its all about the hammer now! Mind you, Thor IS the God of Thunder by birth! The hammer is only interesting because of its connection to Thor. That being severed, who cares?! It's just an awesome weapon. This is why Aaron is trying to make it a character! To justify his lame brain story which now makes no sense. She can keep it and go travel the galaxy if she wants. I only want to read about Thor! Only him! That's who we THOR fans love! As long as he doesn't have HIS NAME and isn't headlining HIS BOOK, there'll be no peace for FOSTER.......

#20 Posted by Snake_Plissken (16 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Rubear (4643 posts) - - Show Bio

This comics is cancer.

#22 Posted by Thorite (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Right,...it's all about Misogyny because that's as far as white males can think. Who needs all of those white males anyway?!? This book can stand on its own merits!!! Just look at the sales!

Oh,...only 40,326 last month. Damn. I guess alienated/misogynistic white males vote with their wallets as well as their ballots.

#23 Edited by ThunderingThorFan (406 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorite: Right on the money dude! Of course, us "alienated and mysoginistic" Hispanic males also vote with our wallets! So don't you dare make us feel excluded or discriminated against........ ;)

However, don't forget that "she's still selling better than Thor was at this point in his series!" Despite the fact that he had no publicity and did it on his own strengths rather than by being a SJW rallying cry! Because of the latter, she has NO excuses for not selling more! Then they'll bring up the suspiciously uncountable digital comics she allegedly "excels" at selling as a defense. Until you quantify the sales with actual figures, mentioning she's a top seller on digital means absolutely NOTHING! With no actual numbers, the number one digital seller could be selling 100 issues and number 7 could be selling 89!

#24 Posted by Thorite (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderingthorfan: OMG I am so sorry for making an "alienated and mysoginistic" male feel alienated and discriminated against. My deepest apologies and welcome to the club.

@dark_stranger You know I don't really want to add poison to something that other people enjoy. I don't really want to do that. But at the same time this comic and the company that publishes it has declared males (white or otherwise) to be something that is unwanted. The jaw-breaking of males who disagree is a little unforgivable in my mind. The attacks of misogyny every time somebody points out the definition of a first name are mind-boggling.

This Trump phenomenon is a symptom and a result of the kind of bullying that the politically correct has been putting at the feet of everyone who might have a different opinion. On the lead-up to election night you could just feel the condescending of "small-minded, rural people vote for Trump,...because they don't understand anything". Well,....rural people who may or may not be small-minded (the same as anyone from any geography) know when they're being talked down to.

So they voted for Trump because they're tired of being alienated and ridiculed. What's this got to do with Thor? Well males white or otherwise are also tired of being alienated and ridiculed and won't just "move on" from this. The sooner that Marvel wakes up to this fact and connects the Trump phenomenon to their flagging sales,...well the sooner that Marvel will invent some new characters that don't have to steal first names and we'll all be happier.

#25 Posted by wellsoul2 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like this book and the female Thor.

Odinson needed a rest, what is he going to do, fight Ragnarok again?

If anything this is better than Thunderstrike and Beta Ray Bill for me.

#26 Posted by Thorite (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@wellsoul2: Not disagreeing that some of the Thor stories had gotten old. It's always a problem when you've got 50 years of comics already produced. But it's Marvel's lack of creativity that's at issue here.

It's a serious irony that Marvel has largely removed magic and deity status from the story line in favour of technology and alien race (advanced aliens with clubs!?!). Meanwhile Game of Thrones has been wildly successful by introducing some of those same topics into a women-popular fantasy drama.

If Marvel adopted bickering nations/allegiances into their story-line they'd have infinite possibilities. But Marvel's not into writing stories anymore they only sell comics. And this is fair criticism since Jane contradicts her own values (won't accept magic healing, accepts magic hammer), the story contradicts basic logic (first name) and makes a corporation (which only exists due to the laws and agreements of nations) as some type of super power. Thor has never gone up against a corporation because he's a god and not bound by sovereign national laws.

I state that most Thor fans would have accepted Jane or any other women accepting the 'mantle' of Thor if he had actually gone missing. They could have made up something about Thor missing or dying or whatever and that (non-sentient) Mjolnir recognized Thor's essence in Jane for whatever reason. Jane could have started out a real character development cycle of not knowing what to make of this; being clumsy with her new class 100 strength/powers; maybe realizing that she had a new lease on life from her cancer and the eureka moment that might actually have on someone. Odin could have also gone missing. Who cares?

But instead of a real story like that Marvel had to turn this into a gender war:

A. Keep Thor in the comic for sex appeal to women readers (endless man-teets pics),...you know the stuff that feminists complain is demeaning to them.

B. Change Odin into a patriarchal tyrant just so that women can smash men in the face.

C. Make Jane 100% as adept at fighting as Thor with 1000 years experience just so that we can all show that women are better than men in everything.

D. Having Thor give up his birth-name. Throughout history there's this idea of honour to either a family name or some idea larger than oneself. Thor is Thor and Thor is not bigger than Thor and Thor is not less than Thor --> it's not a mantle. If Thor had gone away for any in-character reason,....none of this would be a discussion. Jane could adopt Thor's name to honour him and people might not like it but we wouldn't be here on the message boards ranting about it.

E. Change none of Jane-Thor's dialogue so that it can keep it's appeal to long-time Thor fans. As if.

F. Ridiculous 'women-united' scenes. Black Widow fighting the Destroyer,...sigh. With of course a token shirtless man-hunk wearing his pink ribbon (and an axe).

So what's up with all the hate for this title? Marvel made it a gender war and men are reacting to being targeted. And guess what? Women are supporting this gender war.

At the risk of ranting picture the following scenario:

• A man confronts a women. The women says that men are jerks or something and the man breaks her jaw for saying it.
  • Then the woman's husband comes out. The husband then knocks her the f--- out because she disagreed with a man. And then the husband agrees with the man becomes he's a man.

Can you imagine how feminists would react to that scene? Well in role-reversed order that's what happened in this "Thor" comic. So yeah,....gender war is what this is all about.

#27 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7115 posts) - - Show Bio

Art looks great.