Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

THE MIGHTY THOR #11

(W) Jason Aaron (A/CA) Russell Dauterman

THE TEAM-UP YOU NEVER EXPECTED!

• Thor's crusade against the corporate overlords of Midgard reaches its climax--and the lives of all New Yorkers hang in the balance.

• The Goddess of Thunder and S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Roz Solomon make their final stand against the Exterminatrix and the Silver Samurai.

• And Roz and Thor get help from the most unexpected source: Jane Foster.

Rated T+

JUL160958 In Shops: Sep 21, 2016 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Screw this book and it's gimmicks.

werst9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked this series in the beginning but im really tired of agger and roxxon

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I'm getting tired of covers that have nothing to do with what's in the book, unless somehow Iron Fist is involved.

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dropped this garbage book

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So wait, is this not the same thing that happened with Superman? Like, the literal EXACT same thing? ffs

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HighAccuser

@casper4690: I read it from a friend who buys it. It's awful. Truly.

megaman8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By megaman8

Comicvine comment section always salty as hell.

Really recommend some of you guys find another hobby if this one makes you this mad.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@megaman8: I don't think you can use the f word on here.

megaman8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By megaman8

@nerevarine_11: Not sure why it would matter considering how little discourse/insight there is on here anyway.

Klark_Cent099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Klark_Cent099

oh i almost thought the real thor came back....

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All Right, waiting for read it :) Agger is growing as a powerfull enemy, and is becomed the first real enemy of the New Thor Rogue Gallery, and it's good :)

And I'm always glad to read Agent Solomon, really :) ...but waiting to know how the War of the Realms will be concluded :) [perhaps they can definitely rid off of Odin an Cull...]

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Marvel should come up with a name for people who've been decieved by Loki (who else is it going to be?). 'You've been Lokied!'

I have to say I quite like Solomon... but I am not sure how long she is going to last, she has gonads though. Agents Dimwit and Dipstick however I don't know about... I mean yeah SHIELD would ofc be looking into a new Thor, but I am really puzzled by the fact that they then try to arrest her when she is Thor and bully her when she's just terminally ill Jane Foster. In that way, they seem quite stupid... but then again they showcase 'higher than your average Shield agents' level of intelligence by making it this far. (Putting them down as possibly something else)

Enemies, I find Agga interesting... but I am a bit meh on any richman who seems to be able to do anything he wants because of his money and suffer no problems by doing so. (Unlike say Lex Luthor who atleast gets problems for his schemes beyond that which a man in a cape provides). Exterminatrix... eh, one of those kind of characters I have a very hard time taking seriously because of how rediculously evil she appears to be for no reason and how much nonsense comes out of her face about what she's capable of and been through.
Silver Samurai... liked him better when he was just after Logan-san.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dd208 said:

I'm getting tired of covers that have nothing to do with what's in the book, unless somehow Iron Fist is involved.

It's a variant it says it right on the cover...

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

So I dropped Thor after God of Lightning ended, and looking at this preview is it just me or does the writing sound different, almost more mechanical/simple in a way than previously?

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally this series says something smart: Jane Foster being Thor really is the dumbest idea.

BKole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 6

Cool as ever. I continue to enjoy the series.

Goellterator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Goellterator

I hate this book. Fe-Thor is boring and that shes able to go toe-on-toe with a odinforced Odin still disturbs me. I wouldnt even consider to read this bullocks via internet-piracy.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mooty_Pass

Maybe that's Loki IF not then I'm sorely confused

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@dd208 said:

I know it's a variant but they could still have a variant that has something to do with the book. If someone was an Iron Fist fan they may blindly buy this thinking he was in it and then be disappointed. It's a Thor book, put something Thor related on the cover.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@megaman8 lol but you edited it knowing full well it's not allowed. Hahaha. I don't know why you're getting triggered over this man

megaman8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: Is my language "triggering" you? I'm still trying to figure out why you rushed in here to hate when you apparently don't even buy the book?

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@megaman8: I was letting you know so you don't get banned dude. Jeez. And I hate the book because it's a disrespect to Thor. That's for me. People will have different opinions from you get used to it.

megaman8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: You don't have to like the book (as long as you have legit reasons), but the Odinson fans who rush in every time a new preview is posted just to call the book or Jane garbage need to find something better to do with their time than spreading hate.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dd208 said:
@Feartheliving said:
@dd208 said:

I know it's a variant but they could still have a variant that has something to do with the book. If someone was an Iron Fist fan they may blindly buy this thinking he was in it and then be disappointed. It's a Thor book, put something Thor related on the cover.

They do have a variant that has to do with the book AND a variant for The Defenders. It's kind of how DC has a variant theme month, Marvel does it too sometimes with a character or team (they've had the Gwen variants, Deadpool variants, etc).

ia0delond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a great and epic run.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@megaman8: like I said maybe you're letting the opinions of others get to you. It's a public forum if you have a problem of people posting "hate" when it doesn't suit your narrative these threads might not be be for you.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Maybe that's Loki IF not then I'm sorely confused

It must be him. Who else is both a shapeshifter and a telepath?

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate this book. Fe-Thor is boring and that shes able to go toe-on-toe with a odinforced Odin still disturbs me. I wouldnt even consider to read this bullocks via internet-piracy.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FearTheLiving

@dd208 said:
@Feartheliving said:
@dd208 said:

Well it's a Defender variant, variants do that very often so if they accidently bought it without looking at the cover that's really on them as the title does say Mighty Thor and in the corner says variant The Defenders. I agree that I prefer when the variants match the title of the book more but these type of variant theme are done all the time so it's nothing new.

Zoch81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

RemoWill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure it has been asked but why hasn't Jane used the power of Thor to either severely slow down or completely cure the cancer? Also, what happens to the power of Thor if Jane dies from this cancer? Will it be like a Green Lantern ring and seek out a replacement or reside within the hammer until someone worthy grabs it like Dargo (Future Thor) did?

Sorry for the newbie questions. I haven't been keeping up with this version of Thor.

emers109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@remowill said:

I'm sure it has been asked but why hasn't Jane used the power of Thor to either severely slow down or completely cure the cancer? Also, what happens to the power of Thor if Jane dies from this cancer? Will it be like a Green Lantern ring and seek out a replacement or reside within the hammer until someone worthy grabs it like Dargo (Future Thor) did?

Sorry for the newbie questions. I haven't been keeping up with this version of Thor.

I think the hammer transforms her into Thor and Thor isn't sick, but when she's just Jane she doesn't have the power of Thor and can't heal herself. As I recall Don Blake was always limping in the mortal form no matter how powerful he was as Thor. It's a nice little catch-22.

Personally I don't care, I gave up on marvel a while back, but I must admit I'm surprised that they are going through with this. It could be that they are sticking to the storyline because sales are good, or that they simply enjoy poking original Thor fans with a stick to see how angry they can get them, or it could be the whole diversity theme they've adopted. I doubt we'll ever really know.

Kurolegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@remowill: Best I can guess at is, based on the first issue of this volume, when she transforms, Mjoulnir purifies her body of foreign substances (thus the reason she's dying because of using the hammer is it removes the chemicals from chemotherapy so it can't do its job). So if she was sick, it'd most likely leave her healthy afterwards since it's a foreign invader. However since the cancer isn't something foreign and is a part of her, it doesn't rid her of that and (possibly) only keeps it at bay while she's transformed since she has the body of a god in that state.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since she's already using magic, whats stopping her from using it to heal her cancer

Kurolegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@del_torro: The plot. That's really just the extent of it. Back when Thor found out about it he offered to allow the Asgardian healers to take care of it for her and she refused saying magic always has its price. On a meta level it's probably to show a cancer survivor being brave in the face of cancer not wanting an auto fix. Problem there is, in reality if someone with cancer was offered an actual working means of getting rid of their cancer, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

TheInfamousGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait what?! So did they just pull a sick Jane Foster from another universe where she didn't become The Godess of Thunder or is this something else?

Kurolegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theinfamousgod: It's most likely either Loki in disguise or a magical construct sent to throw off SHIELD

Avatar image for deactivated-631c3102b31d4
deactivated-631c3102b31d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought this gimmick was over? Credit where it's due, Marvel can really stick to their guns.

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a guess here, but this irradiated bullet will most likely be the "cure" for Jane now. It will be the surprise ending. The "Jane" here is from her hammer which leads to the next issue focusing on it as the lead in the story...

Now, if this issue DOES see an end to her ailment it will be in poor taste (imo), as the Ferry cover is a prostate cancer cover.

Inglewoodian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

I gotta be honest...the ONLY reason I still purchase this Thor run is because She-Thor literally is just doing the same stuff Thor does. It's almost like why even do this if you aren't gonna make her different or take the character to new levels? My undying love & worship of Thor forces me to continue on this trek. I should have stopped when Titana let She-Thor take her to jail without a fight because "I know it's hard for us girls" .....but she didn't do that when facing She-Hulk or Captain Marvel or any other female hero smh. This is literally just PC bs & it's so bad they even make fun of it IN THE BOOK. Absorbing Man says "Damn feminists are ruining everything!" when he first encounters She-Thor. My biggest gripe is that she is called "Thor" & for some reason can wield Mjolnir better then the Odinson. How tf does picking up Mjolnir give her the Odinson's name?! Captain America didn't become Thor when he picked up the hammer...nobody did. They were themselves with the power of Thor. This is weird and retarded on many levels. I pray for the day the Odinson becomes worthy again & this PC bullshit ends. I'm shocked Marvel has kept it going this long. It's a bait story for sure. Start with "Who is the new Thor" then reveal it to be somebody lame & then reveal that the lame person is dying so fans like me know that our beloved character will return....but not until he's been utterly bashed & disrespected to the utmost that is allowed.

However, the artwork is beautiful & the writer is the same one who did Godkiller/Godbomb & Last Days of Midgard so the story isn't completely retarded. I really like Daario Aager & Roxxon but I feel like they're only a "threat" to She-Thor. The Odinson would have been blew up Roxxon island & called it a day lol

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta be honest...the ONLY reason I still purchase this Thor run is because She-Thor literally is just doing the same stuff Thor does. It's almost like why even do this if you aren't gonna make her different or take the character to new levels? My undying love & worship of Thor forces me to continue on this trek. I should have stopped when Titana let She-Thor take her to jail without a fight because "I know it's hard for us girls" .....but she didn't do that when facing She-Hulk or Captain Marvel or any other female hero smh. This is literally just PC bs & it's so bad they even make fun of it IN THE BOOK. Absorbing Man says "Damn feminists are ruining everything!" when he first encounters She-Thor. My biggest gripe is that she is called "Thor" & for some reason can wield Mjolnir better then the Odinson. How tf does picking up Mjolnir give her the Odinson's name?! Captain America didn't become Thor when he picked up the hammer...nobody did. They were themselves with the power of Thor. This is weird and retarded on many levels. I pray for the day the Odinson becomes worthy again & this PC bullshit ends. I'm shocked Marvel has kept it going this long. It's a bait story for sure. Start with "Who is the new Thor" then reveal it to be somebody lame & then reveal that the lame person is dying so fans like me know that our beloved character will return....but not until he's been utterly bashed & disrespected to the utmost that is allowed.

However, the artwork is beautiful & the writer is the same one who did Godkiller/Godbomb & Last Days of Midgard so the story isn't completely retarded. I really like Daario Aager & Roxxon but I feel like they're only a "threat" to She-Thor. The Odinson would have been blew up Roxxon island & called it a day lol

The sales on this comic and many other mantle passes are mediocre but Marvel doesn't care, it's all about PR/good reviews from critics who don't even read comics. It's easy to lose a few hundred thousand on comics when Disney is footing the bill and you make a pile of cash on merchandise. It doesn't quiet down the PC police of course, they're never satisfied but it does make Marvel look better despite the fact that they had to do mantle passes to do what they're doing with characters and DC already had diverse and interesting characters and promoted them pretty well.

I give it about 6 more months to a year before Marvel reboots everything, starts over with the original heroes and pretends none of this happened. They do it all the time, DC did when they tried the new 52 designs and they didn't quite take the way they had hoped they would.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc-holiday: only difference is dc doesn't have the Disney base to draw off, DC needs it's comics to sell, marvel doesn't, they can publicity stunt all they want as they are no longer beholden to the readers now that the TV and movie properties are carrying all the weight

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc-holiday: only difference is dc doesn't have the Disney base to draw off, DC needs it's comics to sell, marvel doesn't, they can publicity stunt all they want as they are no longer beholden to the readers now that the TV and movie properties are carrying all the weight

True. Although DC is gaining ground on tv and turning things around with movies, they may never have Disney money but they are doing much better. I can't wait until Flash and Arrow come back :)

Thorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gawd,...what an F-N ridiculous reveal. Gotta give it to Aaron,...he's done his darnedest to square the circle that is fem-Thor. The tail is wagging the dog something fierce. That man can work it like a top notch used car salesman. (<-- haha,...not using salesperson).

Its truly awful to see what a PC agenda does to story telling. Marvel,...FFS stop selling comics and go back to writing stories! What an incredible waste of an incredible effort in visual artwork.

Looks like there are still 45,929 people out there who still don't understand the concept of a first name,...but they're getting awful close to reboot territory despite a Herculean effort in both PR and artwork. http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-08.html

I'd be happy about that,...but I'm never going to forgive Marvel for this fiasco no matter what they do to "bring 'Odinson' back".