konkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@konkrypton said:

@2cool4fun said:

Tim Drake, the only robin who had his own comic before graduating into a different name, not to mention that he even had a longer run then nightwing

Um, no. Dick Grayson's run was 1940 to 1983 (until he quit being Robin to become Nightwing), while Tim's was 1989 - 2009, only 20 years, less than half the years that Dick was Batman's sidekick.

I hate to nitpick, but as an older reader who is a fan of Grayson both as Robin and as Nightwing, it annoys me that DC insists on minimizing Dick's time in the role. Now, with the new 52 reboot, even Tim was said to never be "Robin," but was, instead, always "Red Robin," at least according to Lobdell. The Batman books have referenced Tim as Robin, however, so there is some disagreement in the current continuity.

My 2¢.

Really? Dick Grayson had his OWN SERIES called Robin? I'm not talking how long he was a sidekick, I'm saying he is a sidekick that had the longest series for him self, not to mention that he didn't graduate from robin before that, and the comic ran for 185 issues.

@dernman said:

@2cool4fun said:

Bart Allen the only other sidekick to have a run of over 100 issues before even graduating from his original name ( Impulse )

I still say he should have kept that name instead of going to Kid Flash. Not only is Impulse a better name but Kid Flash is something you graduate from not to.

True, plus who wants to be called Kid Flash, DC writers them selves make fun of that name.

Sorry, thought you mean Tim had been Robin longer (which I've heard some say). Not taking anything away from Tim, he was a great Robin, too, who's also gotten screwed under the new reboot.

J_HickmanIsGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@gor724 said:

@nightfang said:

I miss Young Justice.

So does everyone, but the show will never return on air so we have to accept the fact that it ended. The only thing that can happen that will finish the story is a weekly comic series like Smallville Season 11, or a Netflix continuation like Arrested Development, but the former is more likely than the latter.

Talking about Smallville has anyone read Smallville Titans? It was a really funny mix of pre New 52 Teen Titans and Young Justice show. By far better than this "Dark and Edgy" version of the group.

No Caption Provided

Has the series already ended? How many issues has there been?

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gor724: Titans was a mini series of 4 issues i think it finished last month. After that it was Harbinger another mini series wich introduced Raven to the Titans. The theory is that all of the new issues of Smallville is leading to that universe Crisis on Infinite Earths.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm...

AWeekInGeekdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This Bart took a 180 in every possible bad way, thank goodness TT is coming to an end soon. I'm still wondering if Robin's okay "mentally" after Joker and Raven, or maybe this is all one big illusion? Which reminds me I believe Lobdell said he'd be ending this with the conclusion of their fight against Harvest, the one "highlight" of his run and I don't even think 3 issues and an annual can conclude everything without feeling rushed.

Cligonio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers