Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

SUPERMAN: LOIS AND CLARK #1

(W) Dan Jurgens (A) Lee Weeks, Lee Weeks

Following the epic events of CONVERGENCE, here are the adventures of the last sons and daughter of the Krypton and Earth as they try to survive in a world not their own. But can they keep this world from suffering the same fate as their own? Can this Superman stop the villains he once fought before they are created on this world? What is Intergang, and why does Lois's discovery of it place everyone she loves in jeopardy? What will happen when their nine-year-old son learns the true identity of his parents? Make way for the original power couple, for better, for worse, in sickness and in health, until death do them part!

Item Code: AUG150160 In Shops: 10/14/2015 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok I'm Intreged

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YEAH the real Superman.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By waezi2
deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking forward to this. Also Lee Weeks is awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-631e24ed8198c
deactivated-631e24ed8198c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

just here to say: please make more bearded heroes

Edstone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman! Missed ya big guy, where ya been?:-)

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems nice...but why they had to re-insert Superman during the Darkseid's invasion? Convergence has happened way after that event.

If he was on this earth the whole time,where was he during the Doomed saga,or when Ulysses appeared or in the dozens of situations were his help might have been crucial? In my opinion DC should have put this Superman into our world and timeline right after the Convergenge event...and not before. I know that this isn't really important but they could have avoided this little misstep imo.

MaxSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MaxSavage

@toptom: I honestly don't care, I've been waiting for this Superman for so long that I'll take whatever medium or stage he comes in.

MaxSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MaxSavage

So pulling this!

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By adamTRMM

Very nice redesign, I wonder what are they planning. You can't have two "good" Supermen at the same time right?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Inserting them into this moment in time seems highly unnecessary. That being said, it looks nice but since my comic book budget has been cut recently, I won't be getting this

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_stegman  Moderator

Was NOT expecting him to be in Prime Earth. Thought this would be a different universe.

SCOLTON97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom said:

Seems nice...but why they had to re-insert Superman during the Darkseid's invasion? Convergence has happened way after that event.

If he was on this earth the whole time,where was he during the Doomed saga,or when Ulysses appeared or in the dozens of situations were his help might have been crucial? In my opinion DC should have put this Superman into our world and timeline right after the Convergenge event...and not before. I know that this isn't really important but they could have avoided this little misstep imo.

I feel the same, but I don't see it as being a major issue. They'll probably address that like they just did with Darkseid's attack.

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Incursion

@ramior said:

YEAH the real Superman.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Koays  Online

Let's just hope he has a better lot then the last time a Superman and Lois survived the collapse of the multiverse

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay while as awesome as it is to see the Real Superman again him being introduced into the timeline this early is really unexpected. I know he cannot interfere because this is there world and they need to learn ideology similar to J'onn's but at the same time if this had been planned could have had a few shadow moments where Superman helped out leaving the JL wondering who or what is assisting them.

I also now want to see Pre 52 Superman vs. new 52 Darkseid in that setting would have all the NEW 52 JL jawdropped.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramior said:

YEAH the real Superman.

deathfalcon182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Eh we had 2 "good" Batman for a while. It could work, but it's "Superman" title under "Superman editorial" so there's slim chance of that.

joaoanjos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That second cover, I have seen it before a long time ago (Superman Unchained i guess), whats up with that?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Koays  Online

Does anyone else kinda feel like this completely under values and under cuts New 52 Superman?

I mean say what you will about the fans who just hate the current continuity and would only be brought back by stunts like this, but I just don't feel its been enough time to bring the old Supes back when the current one is still very much establishing himself, his villains and his place in the world. I mean he's arguably just now facing the first serious hardship of his career and we're bringing in a far more established and iconic hero to focus stories on?

Idk just rubs me the wrong way....

Gambit1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gambit1969

So this is the Pre-Flashpoint Superman??

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@koays: I kinda agree with you there. Basically this is appeasement for older Superman fans like myself but it could be time better spent by developing the New 52 Superman instead of depowering him and ripping his secret identity away. It's almost a shame that this will be more of a Superman title than the other two main Superman titles.

Nevertheless I'm interested but I'll wait for the TPB.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a huge ass grin on my face as soon as they revealed Superman lol

Now, i'm not one to just bash n52 Superman but he's been outright horrible since Truth started so it's nice to get post-crisis Superman back. Hopefully, if this goes well, the writers will mellow out n52

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very interested to see where this is going. There's bound to be comparison to Marvel's Renew Your Vows mini-series, and elements of that have also filtered into the mainstream continuity (Regent), this seems like DC caught wind of this via a leak or something and decided "we're going to place the super-marraige and the kid in the mainstream canon for our spin". Either way I'm excited, though I do think the whole bit about "the universe having no faith" is a regurgitation of what golden age Supes was saying in Infinite Crisis back when he tried to make a difference.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramior said:

YEAH the real Superman.

No Caption Provided

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

The real Superman!!!!!!

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Oh God, loved the Convergence tie in series. Hopefully I'll love this too.

Kid_jakeriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for 51stpresidentofplanetneutral
51stPresidentofPlanetNeutral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

No Caption Provided

I don't agree with people saying that this is the "real" Superman, since Prime Earth Supes is just as real as any other- in fact, a little more so considering that he's regarded as the current mainstream incarnation of Superman- but I love this idea. New Earth Superman living in the same world as the one we've grown accustomed to, having to watch a younger version of himself bang Wonder Woman in the sky with his wife, Lois Lane.

Please make this into a page. One where Superman and Lois just so happen to be in Metropolis, in a situation where they have to wait around for something, all the while Superman and Wonder Woman are making loud kissing sounds in the sky.

Also, the idea of Superman and Lois having a kid is always appealing. Can't wait to read this, and I don't usually get excited for Superman.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Yeah, I'm on board

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a Superman fan so I won't pick it up, but it looks damn good. Happy for Superman fans.

Avatar image for randolphdefreese1
randolphdefreese1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koaysf the new 52 Superman.:

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder what their reactions are to Lois Lane revealing Superman's identity, and him being de-powered.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A real Clark married to Lois... I'd like to try it but I get the feeling that DC is just setting them up so that Lois'll get killed. They don't seem to like Lois and marriage at DC all that much and I'm not sure I want to take the chance.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By tensor

Love it. Now we are talking DC.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

I don't agree with people saying that this is the "real" Superman, since Prime Earth Supes is just as real as any other- in fact, a little more so considering that he's regarded as the current mainstream incarnation of Superman- but I love this idea.

They mean as the orginal Superman. The one we all know and love. Pre-52.

omarthmainman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet batman knows about this other superman.

VickBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#40  Edited By VickBat

OK... The "Young Justice League" was observed for a Legendary Heroe named "Superman" Pre-flashpoint..

sort of speed, I thought that the plane would confuse with new52 superman ..

Darkseid arrived 5 years ago(almost 6)... and THE SON OF SUPERMAN was a baby? There was 9 years old in this story? I don´t understand..

Or his child was almost 3 years old.. they were three years trapped between dimensions?

It is missing at least one image of flashback.. coming out in chapter.. When Superman remembers Brainiac and convergence ..

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By johnqestion

The conceit of this is that it needs to use the New 52 that people hate on to come say how great this Superman is. If he was this great he should not have to come encroach ....blatantly shoe horned here. DC knows the book set on its own earth won't sell as well. So by all means Jurgens do your Superman but don't insult the intelligence of the readers of the new 52 canon. This Superman sat around playing happy famiy while the younger heroes struggle with the world and people die...yet he is supposed to be better and so experienced blah blah. That is not a better Superman to a younger one who does the best he can. I am sorry.

BlackKaizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnqestion: why do you assume he's done nothing? He just never went public, given the series more time.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: When Harley Quinn regularly tops all Super titles, N52 Superman has no value to speak of. I like a lot of the Marvel style stories, but come on.

DC is doing the best they can to save a sinking ship.

Golden Cod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Cyborg teaming with the League instead of the Titans? I may never get used to this world."

This book already knows how to tug at my heart strings.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The current situation of Superman is awful, lets face it. Depowered...not even resembling a 'Super'. Costume shredded. Getting the X-men treatment... And then the REAL Superman comes in like this. It maybe the only hope for New 52 Superman. I mean it is not a Big Three anymore...it is just Wonder Woman lately...Bruce is mind-wiped into forgetting who he is... Superman is not so Super.... and Wonder Woman is God of War and a key element in a war between Darkseid and Anti-Monitor... I am happy for Diana to take center stage but a bit more tact would've been better.

Either way...I wonder why did the Convergence sent Pre52 Clark and Lois into Prime Earth's start...

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as i like the pre 52 superman. I am liking the direction they are going with new 52 building him. Since the pre 52 superman saw him at him young stages. I do admit i excited to see both in action. It ties in real well :) over the years :)

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Oh my god yes

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mixed feelings about this.

I’m glad that people who like Pre-New-52 Superman now getting book about him; hopefully it will distract them from hating on New-52 Supes. Art looks good as well.

However, while I understand concept of Clark and Lois surviving Flashpoint and appearing in the current Multiverse, I’m completely flabbergasted by editorial’s decision to insert them into Prime-Earth, especially in past.

Pre-New-52 Superman (the way I remember him) would have intervened - if not during Darkseid’s invasion, then during Doomed, Trinity War or some other event. Well, perhaps he is protecting his family from some kind of menace and not revealing himself because of that. Even then, if he didn’t want to attract attention by similar costume, they should have come up with a better design – on cover, Superman looks like some kind of space Nazi or at least as bearded Superman-Prime. Ugh…

It would have better if they appeared on one of post-Darkseid-invasion Earths in Multiverse. Darkseid killed many Supermen, so we could have Pre-New-52 Superman uniting survivors around him, rebuilding and restoring nearly destroyed world. Instead, we likely would have two Superman facing each other, one looking stupid and other – high and mighty.

And the last issue – Jurgens himself. I read both his Pre-New-52 and New-52 runs, his work on Convergence. All of it is such forgettable bore fest that I not even going to bother. Jurgens plays safe; I hardly can find some passion or inspiration in his style.

Anyway, to all who are waiting this book, I hope it will meet your expectations.