• 86 results
Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

HULK #2

No Caption Provided

(W) Mariko Tamaki (A) Nico Leon (CA) Jeff Dekal

HOW CAN YOU FIGHT THE MONSTER WHEN THE MONSTER IS YOURSELF?

• As JEN continues to struggle with the HULK (and anger) within herself, her newest client struggles with her own dark secrets.

• What happens when a terrified recluse is forced into the world against her will? When fear is pushed into the light?

• Can Jen reconcile the two halves of herself in time to help her client?

Rated T+

NOV160874 In Shops: Jan 25, 2017 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by g2_ (11244 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is the series named Hulk and not She Hulk? To bait the fans?

#2 Edited by Eto (5147 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_: because muh femihnisum

#3 Posted by Bl00dwerK (957 posts) - - Show Bio

"Jen is fighting the anger inside her.". So are many Marvel fans...

#4 Posted by g2_ (11244 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by g2_ (11244 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Darkmount1 (1535 posts) - - Show Bio

*YAWN* Next?

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#7 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (8987 posts) - - Show Bio

Aren't women always fighting the anger inside them once a month? ;)

#8 Posted by laabitres (801 posts) - - Show Bio

is she more berserk now?

#9 Posted by Zackboom (28 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by Blue Son (792 posts) - - Show Bio

Have to say, I like the artwork. That's pretty much it, will have to wait and see where this goes.

#11 Posted by BlueHope (2681 posts) - - Show Bio

There is a reason why Bruce Banner is a iconic character and no one even knows about Jennifer Walters, why replace him for her?

#12 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

Thinking this Flo woman is going to end up getting beaten to death with her corgi by annoying the wrong person.

Though I dont suppose it helps Jen by watching kids play-killing her cousin.

#13 Posted by g2_ (11244 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by starrk_coyote (715 posts) - - Show Bio

@eto said:

@g2_: because muh femihsihsum

:D

#15 Edited by StellatedColt (855 posts) - - Show Bio

Hol up... I thought Jen was in control of her rage. That's what made her different from Bruce. What happened? All I know is that she in mourning over Bruce's death.

Avatar image for bh6shouldhavehadsilversamurai
#16 Posted by BH6ShouldHavehadSilverSamurai (288 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, its been a fun ride Marvel, but it looks like now is goodbye. At least DC is getting pretty good now, and even if they get this bad I can always just go full Valiant.

#17 Edited by Mooty_Pass (9606 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor Jen. The world makes a mockery of your dead cousin and you watch them while being in control of great power.

This makes me sad.

#18 Posted by SlimeBeherit (188 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_ said:

To bait the fans into what? The cover has She-Hulk in it and if you look inside there more She-Hulk. It's called Hulk for both marketing purposes and because Jen is actually a lot more like a traditional Hulk.

The first issue was actually pretty good, and I think you will find the most people that actually read that issue, also found it intriguing, so I eagerly await the next issue.

#19 Posted by Wowlock (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Hol up... I thought Jen was in control of her rage. That's what made her different from Bruce. What happened? All I know is that she in mourning over Bruce's death.

Somehow, getting rocketed to death and being punched by Thanos changed that... Because reasons... sure Bruce got MURDERED and all but this change to Jen is not really interesting to me. It is just another Hulk with anger problems now. I guess thats why they went the the generic title, just like the generic concept. All Marvel can do these days I think.. Poor Jen, indeed. Her unique attitude of embracing who she is, WAS sorely needed after the awful Civil War 2 that ruined many books, but it seems she is just another casualty. Can't believe I say this but she would've been better of dead....

And, screw those kids...

#20 Posted by bigsoto74 (332 posts) - - Show Bio

This is not a new concept. She has reached the Incredible (She) Hulk level before. I actually like the concept and do not mind the name change. She is not a new character created to replace the original due to diversify the Marvel Universe. She has been around for a long time and has her own back story.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for scott_summers52
#21 Posted by scott_summers52 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop Marvel. I already miss how She-Hulk used to be.

#22 Posted by g2_ (11244 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_ said:

To bait the fans into what? The cover has She-Hulk in it and if you look inside there more She-Hulk. It's called Hulk for both marketing purposes and because Jen is actually a lot more like a traditional Hulk.

The first issue was actually pretty good, and I think you will find the most people that actually read that issue, also found it intriguing, so I eagerly await the next issue.

Probably someone who didn't see the cover, and just bought a comic called Hulk.

#23 Edited by Uncanny_Doom (845 posts) - - Show Bio

This book's off to a great start. I'm a big She-Hulk fan and that first issue did a really nice job establishing Jen's psyche and voice right now, and this preview is only furthering that in smart ways. Using the kids to play out the superhero stuff is chilling.

@stellatedcolt said:

She's suffering from trauma not only due to Bruce's death but her own coma and the way the public is reacting to it and her.

@g2_ said:
@slimebeherit said:
@g2_ said:

Just throwing this out there, but it seems like you're reaching really hard to find something to complain about here.

Like logically, your argument is that Random Person A is gonna walk into a comic shop, see Hulk #2, and being interested in Bruce Banner, will buy a book that isn't the start of a series, doesn't have Bruce Banner's Hulk on the front, and we're also going to just assume they wouldn't look at the back of the book or ask any questions before buying it. We're also going to assume they don't use the internet and despite being a fan of Banner's Hulk enough to a point where they would "just buy a comic called Hulk", hasn't heard that the character recently died even though it was fairly big news.

#24 Edited by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't look that bad really. Trouble is Jen has died once or twice already, so nearly dying shouldn't be bothering her that much. Tony and the Illuminati shot the Hulk into space and Tony used that to get her into bed, so having Clint murder Bruce isn't that much of a step up from that. With treachery so common in the marvel universe Jen almost should have expected it. Why this is all bothering her so much now is the mystery here.

#25 Posted by SlimeBeherit (188 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_ said:

Well lucky for them they still get a comic with a Hulk in it.

Avatar image for victorcheenoanleu
#26 Posted by victorcheenoanleu (330 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn I wasn't aware that trump supporters liked marvel comics so much.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#27 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

This is still funny to me.

Just a few months ago, the editors and writers at Marvel where whining and trying to justify the Banner to Amadeus Cho change by saying Bruce got to repetitive and stale, it was boring to watch him get angry all the time.

In comes She Hulk a new comic where we watch Jen struggle with her anger just like Bruce did a million times before, but this time it's different!

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#28 Posted by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a few months ago, the editors and writers at Marvel where whining and trying to justify the Banner to Amadeus Cho change by saying Bruce got to repetitive and stale, it was boring to watch him get angry all the time.

In comes She Hulk a new comic where we watch Jen struggle with her anger just like Bruce did a million times before, but this time it's different!

this time its a woman lol

#29 Posted by foxerdes (9869 posts) - - Show Bio

Bait thread, it's not hulk >:(

#30 Edited by SuperGoku17 (7220 posts) - - Show Bio

@bh6shouldhavehadsilversamurai said:

Well, its been a fun ride Marvel, but it looks like now is goodbye. At least DC is getting pretty good now, and even if they get this bad I can always just go full Valiant.

Because bruce isnt the main guy you wont read it?

#31 Posted by SuperGoku17 (7220 posts) - - Show Bio

I still hate cho hulk.Really much

Avatar image for bh6shouldhavehadsilversamurai
#32 Posted by BH6ShouldHavehadSilverSamurai (288 posts) - - Show Bio

@supergoku17: Lad.

I don't know if you saw any of my other posts on this site but if you did you would know that She-Hulk is my favourite Marvel hero of all time.

I'd explain to you the reality of why I'm dropping Marvel and their crap (for the second time in my life, no less) but seeing as you just up and assume it was because of some purist need to have the original always be the star of the book, I'm going to assume (based on previous similar onlune interactions) that you're not going to be all that open minded to it.

#33 Edited by kalorama (252 posts) - - Show Bio

Not crazy about the name or attitude change, but I do think it's long past time that they did some exploration into who Jen Walters, the person, is apart from being big and green and liking to punch stuff.

#34 Edited by lionman (56 posts) - - Show Bio

That variant cover is amazing. This looks awesome. A break from the norm is good. Too many cry babies now a days.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
#35 Posted by medulaoblaganda (2156 posts) - - Show Bio

don't you get it? she's a hulk as well.

#36 Posted by Wolfyne (6 posts) - - Show Bio

"She" is offensive nowadays.

#37 Posted by WastelandMan (8767 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course it's different. She has bewbs.

#38 Posted by El_tio_este (33 posts) - - Show Bio

But why anger? Isn't it fear that triggers the hulk transformation for jen?

#39 Posted by Rubear (4643 posts) - - Show Bio

#NotOurHulk

No Caption Provided

#40 Posted by werst9 (201 posts) - - Show Bio

First issue was pretty good. Also I think Jennifer is a different enough character than Bruce that seeing how she handles her new situation could be interesting if handled right. Just not being a super genious is a nice change. Also she's a hulk in regular society which Bruce and choose usually arent.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#41 Edited by IndomitableRegal (15394 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm cool with change, but honestly I just wan't Bruce Banner Hulk back. I'm not gonna insult Cho Hulk or Jen Not She-Hulk. Just gonna ask for Bruce because that makes everything else easier to ignore lol.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
#42 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

So when is marvel going to ruin this with an event?

#43 Edited by Cagnazzo82 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder what message Marvel is actually sending about female empowerment when their attempts to make strong female characters basically amounts to turning them into their male counterparts.

In promoting feminism it seems the actual theme being pushed with these new comics is that females can't stand on their own as their own characters.

They either must cut their hair off (Captain Marvel) or they just take on the titles of their male counterparts: Iron Man, Hulk, Hawkeye, Thor, Wolverine...

There's a bit of irony in this pattern.

#44 Edited by SuperGoku17 (7220 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by SuperGoku17 (7220 posts) - - Show Bio

@supergoku17: Lad.

I don't know if you saw any of my other posts on this site but if you did you would know that She-Hulk is my favourite Marvel hero of all time.

I'd explain to you the reality of why I'm dropping Marvel and their crap (for the second time in my life, no less) but seeing as you just up and assume it was because of some purist need to have the original always be the star of the book, I'm going to assume (based on previous similar onlune interactions) that you're not going to be all that open minded to it.

How exactly is marvel crap?

#46 Posted by Kurolegacy (68 posts) - - Show Bio

That opening scene is so forced and cringeworthy. These kids live in New York City, a place where Bruce was a known Avenger and hero and yet we keep getting treated to nothing but people acting like the Hulk was some kind of malevolent villain. Yes I know that there are those who are against him in the MU, but there are also those who view him as a hero and yet while we've been treated to plenty of the former since his death, we've seen none of the later aside from his personal friends.

#47 Posted by g2_ (11244 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimebeherit: It's just stupid, and they did the same with Iron Heart.

#48 Edited by SlimeBeherit (188 posts) - - Show Bio

@rubear said:

#NotOurHulk

No Caption Provided

#NotOurFlash

No Caption Provided

Did I do it right?

#49 Posted by SlimeBeherit (188 posts) - - Show Bio
@g2_ said:

@slimebeherit: It's just stupid, and they did the same with Iron Heart.

Well how can I argue with such a compelling argument. I truly have been checkmated.

#50 Edited by jonjac1002 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

There are not enough expletives in existence to describe how badly Marvel Comics suck. Kid and female versions of popular characters, major event/cross-over, killing iconic characters, ideas that have not only proven to be myopic, and unoriginal, but are just plain stupid and have proven time and time again not to work. These hackneyed crutches only insult and alienate fans. I have'nt bought a new Marvel comic book in over a decade. And I don't see myself doing so in the forseeable future. If any one remembers Crisis on Infinite Earths and Zero Hour, these were DC's attempt straightened out the clusterfuck of stupidity that their comic universe had become, and now Marvel is full tilt into that same chasm that almost sunk DC. They have got to be the biggest collection unimaginative hacks this side of the clueless brain turds at EA games. First video games, then Hip Hop, and now comic books. All the art forms I once loved are now dead. Thanks Marvel. I hope there's a special kind of hell for the likes of you. Could someone copy/paste this and send it to Marvel for me. I'd appreciate it. They're not worth the effort for me to write this again.