Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

HARLEY QUINN #25

(W) Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti (A) Chad Hardin (CA) Amanda Conner

At long last, it's Harley Quinn and The Joker, face-to-face! The life of Harley's new love, Mason Macabre, is in the Joker's hands...but can he or Harley survive another round of The Joker's twisted mind games?

Item Code: DEC150285 In Shops: 2/17/2016 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

I can see it now. More spitting on the Joker/Harley relationship. :/

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@dernman said:

I know, right? What the hell is going on...

MaxSchreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I am glad Harley has become a more independant character... but I wish they would stop writing her as Dcs answer to Deadpool.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By animehunter
@dernman said:

Personally, I've never really liked the relationship between them, I always felt uneasy with it, and that's why I'm glad she is no longer in his control and that she has become such a strong independent character as I always thought that she could do better without him.

and again personally, I'm hoping that they build more on the relationship between Harley and Ivy.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 the_stegman  Moderator

This is a serious question.. Are girls normally THAT comfy being naked around each other? Or is this more Harley /Ivy lesbian stuff?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By animehunter
@the_stegman said:

This is a serious question.. Are girls normally THAT comfy being naked around each other? Or is this more Harley /Ivy lesbian stuff?

I would say the latter, but not to the extent you might thinking, I would say that while it has been confirmed that they are in a relationship, but it's without the jealousy of monogamy, they have always been comfortable around each other and have a trust in each other I don't see a lot off in comics.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maxschreck: I grew up with three sisters. Yes, they are that comfy.

No different than athletes in the shower honestly.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@dernman said:

Personally, I've never really liked the relationship between them, I always felt uneasy with it, and that's why I'm glad she is no longer in his control and that she has become such a strong independent character as I always thought that she could do better without him.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The puzzling thing to me is that Arkham is normally about as secure as a drugstore, I've seen more people walk out of there with more ease than I've seen come out of a public library at closing time. This is still fun, but it's a departure.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman said:

I would say the latter, but not to the extent you might thinking, I would say that while it has been confirmed that they are in a relationship, but it's without the jealousy of monogamy, they have always been comfortable around each other and have a trust in each other I don't see a lot off in comics.

Agreed, they've been in and out of a relationship for so long I don't think there's any part of each other's bodies that they haven't seen or touched. They really do trust each other completely.

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

I think the series works for the most part; I think a lot of people have wanted to see Harley grow into her own more and work her way out of the abusive relationship she had with The Joker.

That said, the biggest glaring problem with this series is that almost antagonistic relationship it has with current continuity.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dernman

@goonage said:
@animehunter said:
@dernman said:

See that's what makes her less than she was. She's not suppose to be a strong independent character. Part of her character is her obsession and need for Joker. She's also not a hero. She's a lovable villain who gets under your guard. Less evil when Mr. J is around and worse when he is. It's part of her uniqueness and depth. Part of the reason she even became a hit in the first place. Something that is extremely hard to do with new characters. Now they're changing her to fit a more mainstream generality. I don't have a problem with mainstream generality but not all characters need to be that. They don't all need to be perfect independent characters. To me what they're doing is making her less. I just played Arkham Knight AR challenge with HQ.

Never played one of those games before and just in that short amount of time I got more Harley than in the entirety of her own book. It's only a really short thing to. So short it pissed people off who got it. You know what wasn't really there in anything but reference? Joker You can easily have an HQ book without the Joker in it showing up all the time and still preserve the character. They don't need to ruin their dynamic and change HQ. She's not going to be sitting on her butt twiddling her thumbs doing nothing while Joker is in the loony bin or out just doing his own thing on his own.

To me she's worse off. I had to stop buying her book and HQ is one of my favorite characters.

Sadly it's what happens to many characters that become popular. They get changed and forget the things that made them in the first place. It's part of what happened to Wolverine.

SHe's a victim of her own success.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: and again personally, I'm hoping that they build more on the relationship between Harley and Ivy.

Sorry just saw this part. It was cut out of the other users reply so I didn't see it.

I honestly don't want too. That relationship felt totally unnatural to both characters to me. If they wanted to force another character on her I'm sure they could have figured out someone better than Ivy.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Other than the fact that it's hot, I don't like Harley/Ivy.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Ha! Banana bread.

Darkseid_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: as long as they're not fat - then yes, they are. fat girls are more reserved/shy when it comes to exposure around other girls who are not fat.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Continuity would be a problem for me if I bought any other DC title than hers and the Power Girl/Harley Team up, but I haven't. I wish that they'd go back to continuity but I think it is just too hard for modern comic book writers and editors.

TheJman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

everyone looks great but the joker wtf?

Dreamkeepers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks sharp!

When the artists adds textures, it really lends some help to the backgrounds.

...Harley would definitely be in the Neon Knives Faction. Just sayin'. #Dreamkeepers

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Amanda Conner is great but the way she drew Joker on the cover is weird.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

The artwork is good but the Joker looks a bit weird.

tchalla3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad she moved on from that relationship. Joker was an abuser, and it always bothered me seeing couples dressed as joker and harley at comic-cons. That was a twisted relationship; good for her to find someone else.

mickeymayhew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the cover - does anyone know how I can get a clean version of it?

Arkham01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: It's not normal but since it's a comic book and boys love to see naked girls well...It's trying to please fans of lesbian relationships too semi-covering it with "girls things" because DC will do whatever to sell :/ I hate Harley's solo sometimes its writing is toilet paper 7/10 times.

I don't care if she's a strong, independent woman but they don't write it well, there isn't an effort, is just a plain character, dull and dead. I'm her fan and but her new52 harley-deadpool made me to appreciate her old comic ( it wasn't perfect and the ending was foolish but It had good stories)