• 56 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

As you're aware, DC Comics is putting out shocking gatefold covers for the entire month of April. Many of the covers have already been revealed. With GREEN LANTERN NEW GUARDIANS, all we knew was the mysterious and vague solicit teasing a new White Lantern. If you look at the full cover, you'll find out who this person is. Beware spoilers!

Check out our exclusive preview for next week's issue, courtesy of DC Comics.

No Caption Provided

GREEN LANTERN NEW GUARDIANS #19

• If that’s Kyle, then who is the new White Lantern?

Written by: Tony Bedard

Art by: Andres Guinaldo, Raul Fernandez

Cover by: Aaron Kuder

Variant Cover by: Aaron Kuder

Color/B&W: Color

Page Count: 32

U.S. Price: 2.99

On Sale Date: Apr 17 2013

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#1  Edited By Trevel8182

Yeah let's not give it to John Stewart it's not like he's currently playing second fiddle to Guy Gardner and being treated with zero respect by the higher ups at DC.

Avatar image for green_tea_light
Green_Tea_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Green_Tea_Light

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah let's not give it to John Stewart it's not like he's currently playing second fiddle to Guy Gardner and being treated with zero respect by the higher ups at DC.

Hey at least he gets the lead in the GL Corps title in July when Guy moves to the reds and it doesn't look like they're killing him off for years to come (hopefully. Amen)... Hehe, John Stewart, the White Lantern. I think DC saw that one coming.

Avatar image for scarlet_spider_forever
Scarlet_Spider_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simon Baz is the new white lantern? Really DC? Disappointing...

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this actually does stick what will happen to the JLA and so is it possible simon will continue in GL:new guardians and kyle moving to JLA.interesting

Sirfox89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure this will be temporary, if it isn't just the First Lantern screwing around with things, as we've already seen that Kyle is still a White Lantern on the covers of issues #21 and #22.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He's been a green one for what five minutes? And why does Kyle Rayner have to get demoted back to regular lantern again, this is happening far too often.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#8  Edited By BlueLantern1995

Simon Baz is the White Lantern? Interesting.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hmm. Didn't see that one coming.

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

No. No. I'm ok with him willing his brother out of a coma, but this is just...too forced.

jkma68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally temporary...DC just needed their WTF cover...he'll probably only be a White Lantern for 2 or 3 panels. And has the Blue Lanterns head always looked like a beat up baseball? It's not just me right?

And I'm not being confrontational or anything, but what's the big deal with John Stewart? I always see people complaining about him not getting enough attention but no one ever really talks about why he should have a bigger role in the GLUniverse. Can anyone fill me in? p.s. "Because he's awesome" isn't going to convert anyone's opinion.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#12  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

i love how people are complaining even though we've seen future solicits with Kyle as the White Lantern and Baz as a GL so this obviously won't stick

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

The solicits have already shown Kyle as the White Lantern after the event ends. This is a temporary gig.

lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

@jkma68 said:

Totally temporary...DC just needed their WTF cover...he'll probably only be a White Lantern for 2 or 3 panels. And has the Blue Lanterns head always looked like a beat up baseball? It's not just me right?

And I'm not being confrontational or anything, but what's the big deal with John Stewart? I always see people complaining about him not getting enough attention but no one ever really talks about why he should have a bigger role in the GLUniverse. Can anyone fill me in? p.s. "Because he's awesome" isn't going to convert anyone's opinion.

Yeah, look at past Saint Walker art. Some will do it smooth, but he's also had those "laces." It depends on the artists.

Agreed on the White Lantern. It'll be brief. Maybe the cliffhanger and carryover into the next issue. Simon's been shown as the Green Lantern again.

As for John, he's what some fans know as the GL due to the TV show. Hal fans tend to be older, Kyle fans read in the 90s and grew up on him, Guy fans tend to be those who dislike Hal and love the aggression, and John fans are typically from TV. Beyond that, John's has such a unique background as the soldier/architect who has destroyed planets and has this guilt about him. His will being so great that it's exceeded the ring's capabilities. He's the human who has spent time as a Guardian, the one who was almost an Alpha Lantern. John brings a very unique voice to the Lanterns and hasn't see the comic spotlight as much in the Johns era. He's not my favorite, but there's a place for him.

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Simon Baz is the new white lantern? Really DC? Disappointing...

Like every one of these gatefold covers, it will be temporary at best, and a total fabrication at worst, I wouldn't read anything into it.

Avatar image for dadarkknight36310
dadarkknight36310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akindoodle: I agree but it seems to me like they are trying there best to take attention away from John Stewart for some reason. Its like they hate the fact John is more popular to the mainstream audience than Hal and they hate that. Yes they kept him alive thanks to Joshua who will always be one of my favorite writers not only because he can write great stories but also for the fact that he put a big time job on the line out of respect for a character who meant alot to the African American community. Now as for what you were saying about how John gets the lead in the corp books, I will believe that when I see it. All the people who wrote that book said the same thing and guess what they never kept their word. It was either a Guy or Kyle story, even in the 0 issue which was suppose to give the origin of alot of these characters they focused the whole issue on Guy's origin. I have been waiting along time for John to take center stage, in my honest opinion he should have be the green lantern in the Justice League comic since everyone outside of comics recognize him as being the lantern on the team. It would be so cool if they made John story like the animated series where he ended up with Hawk Girl so that they could bring there son Silver Hawk into the DCU.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The solicits have already shown Kyle as the White Lantern after the event ends. This is a temporary gig.

Exactly.

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dadarkknight36310: You Really hit the nail on the head, I really don't get why DC is so adamant about pushing Hal Jordon as the definitive Green Lantern, He's not the first Green Lantern Nor is he the most well known.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Awesome!

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Cool

dadarkknight36310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trevel8182: I know right if Hal was so popular people would not have so angry about him being the Green Lantern in the movie. They would have know him to be the main Green Lantern after Alan. As a matter of fact people would not get Hal Jordan Lantern confused Alan earth 2 version after dc announced that green lantern was gay now. You still have to argue with people outside of comics world because they still think to this day that Hal is the gay Green Lantern. Also alot of people are wanting them to reboot the movie and have John be the Green Lantern. I remember before the animated series came out people thought Green Lantern was lame. He was even lower on the totem poll than Aquaman because even though people laughed at Aquaman they still recognized who he was. It was John Green lantern that at least kept the character in the spotlight.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dadarkknight36310: I thought the kid's name was Warhawk? and it would be amazing if they made him like the animated series' version and the JL does need a lantern right now. John means a lot to me as a black kid and the fact that he was a major character in a cartoon series that I will always love and cherish forever is just something special. He got huge amounts of respect from Timm and MacDuffie (bless his soul). The character negligenceassassination massacre! he's gone through in the last couple of years would have never happened if MacDuffie was still around. I almost cried when I heard the news that he was going to be killed, as in an effective emotional break down. My sister who isn't even into comics raged for hours. When I got into comics for real a couple of years ago, I was so confused because Hal was not the green lantern I knew as a kid. It took hours on wiki to clear things up and as a result, I'm not big on Lanterns right now. I'm going to check out the July issue to see if it's any good, if it's not I'm never looking back. But if someone does something good with John, I'm on board. I hear only good about Venditti and I have a huge amount of respect for Fialkov; I'll buy whatever he puts out just to support him having the integrity to do what he did.

redhood21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By redhood21

john is my least favorite green lantern probably because everyone my age knows him from JL and JLU. Apparently it was racist the first human GL be in the GL movie not the third guy from earth to wield a ring...not too concerned with him, but i dont think a character should be swept off to the side so much....Kyle also needs his 90's costume back...his GL uniform is just too plain. and come on people Alan Scott is not a GL Corps member!!!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice

ComicKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

After all of training Kyle took to become a white lantern a new one just shows up. GRRRRRRR

dadarkknight36310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akindoodle: I think it is Warhawk but I feel ya on the rest of your comment.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Akindoodle
Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Simon Baz is the new White Lantern? I think it's a bit too soon for him to be switching colors just yet.

mcbean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mcbean
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30  Edited By doordoor123

Simon Baz is probably going to die. Have you seen him in any future solicits? I haven't. Kyle is still a white lantern though.

Geoff Johns is of Arabic decent. I wouldn't be surprised if Baz was his attempt to be in the book with these characters. It would make sense that he would die when Geoff is done.

BuNKiTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really? That fast? It's only been a few months since he was introduced... o_O

Anyway, I don't think it'll stick or anything like that, the WTF covers have usually been kinda misleading... Except Batgirl, yeah, I was surprised there.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#32  Edited By the_tree

Eh, it's just a WTF cover. If anything, Baz will become a White Lantern for about five minutes.

@doordoor123: He's going to be in the Trinity War, which starts in July. Which, by then, Johns' GL run will be over.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Comic fans have to overreact and throw tantrums at anything new. Openmindedness is irrelevent. Its our birthright.

neiliusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

this won't be permanent people... The solicits for May, June, and July show Rayner as a White Lantern still. I think what will happen is that the White Light gets temporary transfered to Simon Baz.

jkma68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lostlantern13: Finally a thought-out, unbiased, level-headed response! I totally appreciate it. I usually don't actually get a response from anyone when I ask because everyone is re-posting on how everyone else is overreacting to something or other. You are now my favorite lantern!

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Jeez, I think it's now a rule that whoever's the latest Green Lantern gets WAY too much "Destined One" importance on him and has to become Ion, or a White Lantern, or bear all the rings at once. DC did this with Kyle, then with Sodam Yat, and now it’s Simon Baz's turn. Whatever, I just don't want Geoff to leave!

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So.....Kyle spends an entire story arc mastering the emotional spectrum and ultimately becoming the white lantern.....and Baz just suddenly happens to become one with little to no lead up? Better be temporary.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In other news, Saint Walker, acting not so saintly ...

Date not impressed!!!

You wouldn't like her when she is angry!!!
You wouldn't like her when she is angry!!!

Rixec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simon Baz is probably going to die. Have you seen him in any future solicits? I haven't. Kyle is still a white lantern though.

Geoff Johns is of Arabic decent. I wouldn't be surprised if Baz was his attempt to be in the book with these characters. It would make sense that he would die when Geoff is done.

Yeah, because him being solicited and appearing on the covers for the Trinity War in July/August means he's TOTALLY gonna die. Wow, I did NOT see that coming. Thank you for pointing that out future solicitation reader. Thank you for predicting his death BEFORE the major event of 2013 which he is a part of AFTER Johns's era on GL ends. -_-

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Baz as a White Lantern...now you're just trying to irk me DC, aren't you? O_o

TitanTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TitanTempest
No Caption Provided

@rixec: Agreed, definitely green and alive! Even Front and center

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, could someone actually explain to the point of Simon Baz's character? It seems he really has no purpose at all, other then DC saying that they are 'racially diverse'.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

Eh, could someone actually explain to the point of Simon Baz's character? It seems he really has no purpose at all, other then DC saying that they are 'racially diverse'.

I thought that what the aliens were for :S!!!

Racial Diversity!
Racial Diversity!

Also they did add a Red Lantern Human too. They are just trying to expand the franchise.

mrpandopool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We all saw the solicits for july, so we all know it´s temporary.

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dadarkknight36310: I know right I still have to explain to my family and friends who don't like comics that Hal Jordons not the gay Green Lantern.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

That was unexpected.

On another note, I wonder what the GL universe will be like when Geoff the Great leaves...

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Tacos_Kickass

Lets all jump to conclusions and take out the pick forks based on a cover that is most likely temporary at best.

dirtmound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By dirtmound
doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why aren't these posts in order!!

its fucking up my mind!

and Baz a white lantern.......Is this because his ring isn't working properly? I dont think I care to be honest....I might just forget this part happened

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatt?