Exclusive Preview: GREEN LANTERN CORPS #12

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

There used to be a time, being part of the Green Lantern Corps would have been the best. With a power ring and limited to just your imagination, you could do just about anything. Unfortunately we're seeing what happens when members like John Stewart or Guy Gardner do what they think is necessary. There's some big changes coming.

Check out this exclusive preview courtesy of DC Comics.

No Caption Provided

Green Lantern Corps #12

• The epilogue to “ALPHA WAR.”
• The dust settles on the Corps’ war with the Alpha Lanterns. John Stewart’s final fate is revealed.
• GUY GARDNER learns the consequences of his defiance of the Guardians.

WRITTEN BY Peter Tomasi

PENCILS BY Fernando Pasarin

INKS BY Scott Hanna

COVER BY Pararin, Hanna and Gabe Eltaeb

ON SALE August 15, 2012

== TEASER ==
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By EdwardWindsor

Looks crazy

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

John die?

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By saoakden

Holy cow, that looks crazy.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By longbowhunter

I've been enjoying GLC more than any other Green Lantern book recently. I think Fernando Pasarin is great. His battle scenes are almost as much clustered fun as George Perez's. Plus he really puts extra effort into the nameless background alien GLs.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Looks amazing!

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Twentyfive

John is awesome. My favorite GL!

Utandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Utandi

Looks pretty awesome.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By NightFang3

Guy and John are going too regret pissing off the Guardians.

_Pinnacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By _Pinnacle

I feel so stupid. I just remembered that one of the lanterns of Sector 2814 has to die for the new GL (Baz, I think?) to get a ring! I hope it's Guy. No one likes Guy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Interesting...

Scheiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Scheiner

@_Pinnacle: I LIKE GUY!

Avatar image for supermanfan122508
supermanfan122508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Note to self: put this issue on my comics shopping list.

mattwing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mattwing87

@_Pinnacle said:

I feel so stupid. I just remembered that one of the lanterns of Sector 2814 has to die for the new GL (Baz, I think?) to get a ring! I hope it's Guy. No one likes Guy.

No one is dying...yet. Guy Is awesome! No one likes John though. He is kind of boring and stale.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By doordoor123
@mattwing87 said:

@_Pinnacle said:

No one is dying...yet. Guy Is awesome! No one likes John though. He is kind of boring and stale.

WOW racist.
the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By the_tree

@doordoor123 said:

@mattwing87 said:

@_Pinnacle said:

WOW racist.

Yes, because thinking a character is boring and stale equates to racism. I honestly hope you're joking.

Avatar image for stormtrance1618
stormtrance1618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16  Edited By stormtrance1618

Guy Gardner is awesome! So is Kyle. So is Hal. So is John!!! Love all four of them!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Man the GLC have a lot of wars

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By sethysquare

@doordoor123 said:

@mattwing87 said:

@_Pinnacle said:

WOW racist.

Not really racist. Its true. John is actually a very boring character.

Before anyone shouts racist, I'm a huge advocate for Cyborg, Black Lightning, Batwing, Blue Beetle, Elemental Woman and Ryan Choi. I'm not even white. But its true, John is a very very boring character.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By feebadger

@sethysquare said:

@doordoor123 said:

@mattwing87 said:

@_Pinnacle said:

WOW racist.

Before anyone shouts racist, I'm a huge advocate for Cyborg, Black Lightning, Batwing, Blue Beetle, Elemental Woman and Ryan Choi. I'm not even white. But its true, John is a very very boring character.

In actual fact, i think that taking a completely innocent and character based comment and saying it's racist because the character happens to be African American is racist in itself. Of course, then making a list of non white characters and saying you're a supporter of them could be construed a number of ways. Let's just agree that we all think that John Stewart is boring and stale and leave it at that ;P

Skies327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Skies327

@feebadger said:

@sethysquare said:

@doordoor123 said:

@mattwing87 said:

@_Pinnacle said:

WOW racist.

In actual fact, i think that taking a completely innocent and character based comment and saying it's racist because the character happens to be African American is racist in itself. Of course, then making a list of non white characters and saying you're a supporter of them could be construed a number of ways. Let's just agree that we all think that John Stewart is boring and stale and leave it at that ;P

If John Stewart could read this argument he would blow up the planet for the good of the Corps.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DEGRAAF

I HOPE GUY DIES!!! John Stewart is my favorite corps member ( i dont like the book he is in but i like him)

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sethysquare

@Skies327 said:

@feebadger said:

@sethysquare said:

@doordoor123 said:

@mattwing87 said:

@_Pinnacle said:

WOW racist.

If John Stewart could read this argument he would blow up the planet for the good of the Corps.

Yeah thats what he do. Blow up planets and kill ppl.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By feebadger

@sethysquare said:

@Skies327 said:

@feebadger said:

@sethysquare said:

@doordoor123 said:

@mattwing87 said:

@_Pinnacle said:

WOW racist.

You're also boring and stale when you're doing it. Don't forget that.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By doordoor123
@feebadger said:

@sethysquare said:

@Skies327 said:

@feebadger said:

@sethysquare said:

@doordoor123 said:

@mattwing87 said:

@_Pinnacle said:

WOW racist.

Lol I was just kidding when I said racist. Didn't think it would spark so much talk. 
Avatar image for vampireselektor
VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By VampireSelektor

@mattwing87: John Stewart has a strong following, but the character has been the victim of mostly uninspired writing since his Guardian days.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JohnnyGat

@feebadger said:

@sethysquare said:

@Skies327 said:

@feebadger said:

@sethysquare said:

@doordoor123 said:

@mattwing87 said:

@_Pinnacle said:

WOW racist.

All John needs is to start sporting a nickname to be less boring and stale. I mean "The Dark Knight", "The Man of Steel", John would totally be less boring if he entered every panel speaking in third person announcing the appearance of John the Planet Killer.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By sethysquare

@feebadger said:

@sethysquare said:

@Skies327 said:

@feebadger said:

@sethysquare said:

@doordoor123 said:

@mattwing87 said:

@_Pinnacle said:

WOW racist.

WHAHAhAHAHHAHAHA

Troll

Luster77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Luster77

i like all the lanterns, i don't care which one does their thing. if there's going to be another lantern from Earth, then i guess one of them has to die. personally i dont care which one, i just know it wont be Hal or Guy

Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Typhenstein

this looks pretty sweet, loving how the cover looks!