Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

DOOM PATROL #3

No Caption Provided

(W) Gerard Way (A/CA) Nick Derington

Casey Brinke has stepped through to the other side-but where exactly is that? Given all the bizarre, unexplainable things that have come into her life over the last couple of days-robot men and talking ambulances and a guy who literally thrives on negative energy-surely this new and surprising world she has uncovered can't be any weirder. Right?

SEP160206 In Shops: Nov 09, 2016 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I'm normally against in universe lines that try to be "Mature" but the Doom Patrol is a rare case of a series that can use (and sometimes may even need) those themes to convey the message of what the team stands for and represents. Thankfully Gerard Way has a masterful understanding of who these heroes are and the types of stories that need to be told with them. In the first two issues alone he already nails the aspects of the Doom Patrol I love in the most subtle of possible ways while delivering an entertaining story to go hand in hand, helped along by some fantastic artwork.

Plus it feels like anyone who's not searching for any deeper meaning or who isn't super into the Doom Patrol can enjoy it on a superficial level as just being a fun adventure that's weird for the sake of weird.

Long story short, if you're not buying this, start as soon as possible

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I wonder if Elastigirl is gonna make an appearance. She's always the one getting left out. Do writers think she was too powerful or too normal? Not that it's gonna ruin the comic and I do consider Doom Patrol one of the best going on in DC right now.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meh

nickschuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm normally against in universe lines that try to be "Mature" but the Doom Patrol is a rare case of a series that can use (and sometimes may even need) those themes to convey the message of what the team stands for and represents. Thankfully Gerard Way has a masterful understanding of who these heroes are and the types of stories that need to be told with them. In the first two issues alone he already nails the aspects of the Doom Patrol I love in the most subtle of possible ways while delivering an entertaining story to go hand in hand, helped along by some fantastic artwork.

Plus it feels like anyone who's not searching for any deeper meaning or who isn't super into the Doom Patrol can enjoy it on a superficial level as just being a fun adventure that's weird for the sake of weird.

Well said. I haven't gotten the chance to read any previous Doom Patrol series or incarnations aside from their brief appearance in Geoff John's Justice League but I am enjoying Way's story and learning about these characters as the story progresses. I hope to one day soon read through the omnibus of Morrison's run that I have so that I can appreciate the insanity and concepts that this run takes seems to take its inspirations from.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I need to start reading this.

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

@captainmarvel4ever said:

Well said. I haven't gotten the chance to read any previous Doom Patrol series or incarnations aside from their brief appearance in Geoff John's Justice League but I am enjoying Way's story and learning about these characters as the story progresses. I hope to one day soon read through the omnibus of Morrison's run that I have so that I can appreciate the insanity and concepts that this run takes seems to take its inspirations from.

I would also recommend tracking down Kieth Giffen's run, as that seems to be the other run that's inspiring this new one in part; and genuinely I think Giffen;s DP is second only to Morrison.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

@captainmarvel4ever: Heh, that show would have been a great place for the second version of the Doom Patrol to make their animated debut. Robotman returns, and brings Celsius, Tempest and Negative Woman with him.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hum...

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

This looks pretty cool.

bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who's the guy with the shape shifting black head pimples on his chest?

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks okay. Might pick it up.

galacticshrub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This book is so weird and awesome.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsoto74: Larry Trainor, Negative Man. However, his powers and nature seem a bit changed from the last time... anyway, he is a long time member of the Doom Patrol

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks fun.