Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

CYBORG #1

(W) John Semper Jr. (A/CA) Will Conrad

"THE IMITATION OF LIFE" part one! Cyborg is thrown into conflict with every robotic threat to the DC Universe as a brand new era begins for Victor Stone, courtesy of writer John Semper Jr. (Spider-Man: The Animated Series) and artist Will Conrad (Angel & Faith)!

JUL160275 In Shops: Sep 21, 2016 SRP: $2.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I dont like the suit/armor tbh... there is just something about the designs where the only thing human you can see of Cyborg being half his face just rubs me the wrong way... and remind me of the early 90'ties era NTT where Vic had the same kind of appearance and virtually no brain function.

The other thing... I am looking forwards to someone being able to tell a Cyborg story that isn't about Vic having an existential crisis or has to take on droves of robots.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Looks like there is solid bunch of feats in this comic pages,almost like they want more cyborg in the battle forums.

Harun_Kurnaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked the dc you costume and design. it was looking soft and more tight

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the rebirth issue, I just wish he had the Reis dc you design

Shintakie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God I wish Victor could crack a damn smile. Is it too much to ask for even a little bit of humanity in Cyborg? Ever since they redid him in the new 52 he's had a friggin permanent scowl on his face to the point that Batman looks jovial around him. Its so sad to see. They even made a joke about it in Teen Titans vs Justice League. He liked hanging out with the teenage Titans more than his Justice League teammates because they actually had fun and everyone on the Justice League just scowls all the time (even Billy! What the heck!).

I love seeing Cyborg get his due as a member of the Justice League, don't get me wrong. I love it. I really really wish they'd give him back to the Titans though so I can actually see him happy for once. Feel like that was a lost opportunity with Rebirth.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trash

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ughh. Just let go of the Titans bullshit. Let. It. Go. Victor deserves to be on the Justice League.

And read the damn book before saying it's boring. He just hacked into two burner cellies and cracked a couple jokes before stopping an armored car.

HTF is that not jovial?

Read the book before writing it off. The constant bitching about Cyborg and the Titans doesn't allow the character to grow beyond preconceived notions.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Ughh. Just let go of the Titans bullshit. Let. It. Go. Victor deserves to be on the Justice League.

Nope. Its like asking that Storm have all her memories of being with the X-Men removed.

kalorama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God I wish Victor could crack a damn smile.

He appears to be smiling in that splash page shot.

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Is the only skin/organics left of Cyborg half his face?

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ThePreface

@zeeguy91: How do you know he won't eventually get those memories back? Isn't that the point of Rebirth? He could still be on Justice League while remembering his time with the Titans.

But of course like 90% of fanboys stuck in their ways you'll just ignore what I said

kalorama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont like the suit/armor tbh... there is just something about the designs where the only thing human you can see of Cyborg being half his face just rubs me the wrong way

I've got mixed feelings on that. On the one hand, having him entirely covered up makes him look more like a guy in an armored battle suit than a guy who's actually a human/machine hybrid. On the other hand, it makes sense that he'd want to keep his organics covered and protected during combat. I'd like to see a middle ground, maybe have a non-combat mode where his armor retracts and exposes his human parts when he's in "civilian" guise.

As for the Titans/JL thing . . . I think the main issue isn't that they put him on the League but that they took him off the Titans, basically severing all of his connections there. That's a huge loss of character background and substance for Vic, losing the friendships that really helped shape him as a person. And, at least so far, his relationships with the League haven't really seemed to replace that personal/emotional void. Personally, I think that if DC wanted to diversify the League, they should have added an older, more established character, like Black Lightning or Vixen. Making Victor the team's inexperienced, rookie, junior member --to some degree--undermined much of the impetus of adding him in the first place. (I also think they should have kept J'onn J'onzz, regardless.)

kalorama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeeguy91: How do you know he won't eventually get those memories back? Isn't that the point of Rebirth? He could still be on Justice League while remembering his time with the Titans.

But of course like 90% of fanboys stuck in their ways you'll just ignore what I said

He could. Or he could not. Either way, it hasn't happened yet so, as of this writing, it's not really a solution to the problem. And even if it does happen, that's still just an 11th hour retcon. It doesn't really change or erase the character impact (5 years and running now) caused by the erasure of his Titan's background.

Just because a mistake gets fixed doesn't mean it never happened.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@kalorama said:
@outside_85 said:

I dont like the suit/armor tbh... there is just something about the designs where the only thing human you can see of Cyborg being half his face just rubs me the wrong way

I've got mixed feelings on that. On the one hand, having him entirely covered up makes him look more like a guy in an armored battle suit than a guy who's actually a human/machine hybrid. On the other hand, it makes sense that he'd want to keep his organics covered and protected during combat. I'd like to see a middle ground, maybe have a non-combat mode where his armor retracts and exposes his human parts when he's in "civilian" guise.

To me it just seems very unnecessary for him to do so since he has the ability to look completely human if he wants to (not sure if it's via nanites or not). Like right now there is nothing stopping him from using one of the better designs from the past. Like the one from Geoff Johns run or the cartoon version because what looks to be human parts can be as tough as the rest of him.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I'll probably trade wait.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By adamTRMM

The half human face was, and always be, ridiculous, doesn't matter how "iconic" it is.

I wish they could give him a proper and fitting total redesign.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3ffc872a35d
deactivated-5b3ffc872a35d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, you two are negative Nancys. Shit and trash? Have you read bad comics? Like old comics, independent, bad writers, people so bad like Liefeld who they had to retcon a reason in why the character was acting so out of character and angry and childish...This comic looks good, fine, maybe average for this era? But it's unique for DC, it's modern, the art is anything but bad, the dialogue is fine and seems in character so far. How could you call a 4 or 5 page preview "trash"?

Trash

Previous solo was shit. This looks like shit too.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Opalance: Because they're narrow minded. Tunnel vision does that.

John-PH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of those robots in the line was from Swamp Thing

John-PH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John-PH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ScouterV

@kalorama said:
@thepreface said:

He could. Or he could not. Either way, it hasn't happened yet so, as of this writing, it's not really a solution to the problem. And even if it does happen, that's still just an 11th hour retcon. It doesn't really change or erase the character impact (5 years and running now) caused by the erasure of his Titan's background.

Just because a mistake gets fixed doesn't mean it never happened.

It does in comics.

@kalorama said:
@outside_85 said:

As for the Titans/JL thing . . . I think the main issue isn't that they put him on the League but that they took him off the Titans, basically severing all of his connections there. That's a huge loss of character background and substance for Vic, losing the friendships that really helped shape him as a person. And, at least so far, his relationships with the League haven't really seemed to replace that personal/emotional void. Personally, I think that if DC wanted to diversify the League, they should have added an older, more established character, like Black Lightning or Vixen. Making Victor the team's inexperienced, rookie, junior member --to some degree--undermined much of the impetus of adding him in the first place. (I also think they should have kept J'onn J'onzz, regardless.)

The problem is, you're comparing a five year stint on the League to basically his entire existence up until Flashpoint. Of course he's not going to seem nearly as important a character, because the Titans are a smaller, more tight-knit group. If anything, they need each other.

That's not the case with the Justice League. They are friends. They may even be akin to family. But the Titans lived together and worked together, and did a lot of stuff together.

The Justice League meet when there is a crisis. They are each people with their own lives and identities and stories to live outside of The League. It's why they don't live in a giant J-shaped Tower and certainly aren't roommates.

John-PH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nickschuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the "Rebirth" issue and will definitely pick up the first issue. I personally feel like Cyborg stories can easily fall into the same tropes and storylines involving other technological characters so I hope this series will prove me wrong.

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was really enjoying his first solo series in the new 52. I hope I like this one too.

Goellterator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Cyborg, when he tricked the Uncanny Avengers and fought the Vision.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I dont like the suit/armor tbh... there is just something about the designs where the only thing human you can see of Cyborg being half his face just rubs me the wrong way... and remind me of the early 90'ties era NTT where Vic had the same kind of appearance and virtually no brain function.

The other thing... I am looking forwards to someone being able to tell a Cyborg story that isn't about Vic having an existential crisis or has to take on droves of robots.

Is the only skin/organics left of Cyborg half his face?

@adamtrmm said:

The half human face was, and always be, ridiculous, doesn't matter how "iconic" it is.

I wish they could give him a proper and fitting total redesign.

JTMac005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JTMac005
apg103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyborg was famous for being on the Titans. He still is too on all the cartoons. I liked him on the titans

The art in this looks really good. But Cyborg fighting robots doesn't really interest me. In fact Cyborg solo has never really interested me.

Lets face it the only reason he is on Justice League is because DC didn't want the line up to be all white people.

CurlyInsaneGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like the way his chest symbol looks.
Regardless, I hope this series does well.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By kidchipotle

Cyborg? More like Machine Man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyborg has a new threat to deal with.

Yeah being relevant, then again that is an old threat lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of all the DC You redesigns I liked Cyborg's the most I'm a little disappointed to see him revert back to his previous "costume".

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I like this look. This is how a cyborg should look. NOT human. He should NEVER look human. It underscores his character and what it means to go from a human to part machine when they do that.

Also you can say the half face is the only human part of him. You don't know what's underneath

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Shintakie: 2 things. 1st He's clearly smiling the first time we see him so I don't think you have anything to worry about. 2nd I can't speak for the newer DC Animated movies but in the very few occasions where the Justice League has been shown enjoying down time since the New 52 Vic has consistently been presented as a pretty happy dude at least in the issues I've read I can't claim to have seen everything.

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

I hope this first issue is better than the Rebirth issue. It was so mediocre. Everything was severely over explained to the point of redundancy and made the issue read at a slow pace. The fight was just kind of boring, everyone was constantly explain their actions and reactions which mostly consisted of either the obvious from what we could immediately see, or just sounded like terrible made up technobabble. There were definitely some good ideas, but it's not all there in overall presentation.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

I really liked the dc you costume and design. it was looking soft and more tight

Totally agree. I know that this one is closer to the movie design, but it strikes me as really weird that they would go through the trouble of giving Cybrog a new look, that I think is the best one he ever had, to quickly return to the previous design that people have been criticizing for years.

DevilFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that looks like pure shit. what a generic character.

Hyperion_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Hyperion_X

The art looks great but unfortunately Cyborg is trash and is nothing more than mainstream comic's biggest token Black guy that 98% of people could care less about. DC needs to give up on trying to push this lame character out there like he's actually on par with anyone on the JL. If they want to make a solo series about a Black character so bad they'd be a lot better off making one about Calvin Ellis even if he is just an alternate Superman

Avatar image for handofprometheus
HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By HandOfPrometheus

@Shintakie: Looks like he is smiling.

Why couldn't he just keep his DCYOU design? That shit was perfect.

Astronomy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Astronomy206

Whats up with all the trolls. I enjoyed the rebirth issue can't wait for this. Also im glad dc are using one of their old dc ethnic character instead of change one like marvel does.

CainKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Red tornado needs to come back during this series

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@outside_85: So you like something along the lines of this?

No Caption Provided

ILostTheKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me too, I wish they kept it.