• 52 results
#51 Posted by OptimucCrime (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing a lot of comments here going back and forth about Peter Parker growing up as a character. It's a great idea but I can't say if it was handled correctly. I last read ASM before Secret Wars and Parker Industries was literally rubble. Post Secret Wars, issue #1 of ASM, Parker Industries is a huge global success. Do they explain how that happened? People talk about growth but it seems like Slott just made Peter successful and didn't bother to explain how. Like I said though, I haven't read the new volume so I don't know if it makes sense but from an outside perspective it seems really lazy.

#52 Posted by Inglewoodian (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: I agree with a lot of what you said. Making him a reporter would be regression but I just feel like nothing he currently has was earned by him or his genius. I miss my Spiderman. I can't lie. I tried the Spidey comics as well but it's just a retelling of his history and not worth the purchase price IMO. I'll just be without a spider-themed book until further notice it seems bcz Marvel has no idea what to do.

#53 Posted by ursaber (9986 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: I agree with a lot of what you said. Making him a reporter would be regression but I just feel like nothing he currently has was earned by him or his genius. I miss my Spiderman. I can't lie. I tried the Spidey comics as well but it's just a retelling of his history and not worth the purchase price IMO. I'll just be without a spider-themed book until further notice it seems bcz Marvel has no idea what to do.

Then you should look forward to Renew Your Vows Volume 2. That's the Spider Man that didn't make a deal with the devil and sold his family out. In this series, Peter is still married to MJ and has a daughter named Annie. Both MJ and Annie will have spider powers and come with Peter in his adventures. They will also deal with their personal lives and struggle to make ends meet but ultimately they will get by. There's this possibility that if RYV outsells ASM and Clone Conspiracy, that Marvel may finally put the wheels in motion to restore Peter Parker in the 616 Universe. I mean Marvel and any other business is driven by profit. If RYV is the better seller then they'll put more emphasis on that story. I;m recommending it to everyone that will hear. Also its written by Gerry Conway the legendary writer who gave us the Night Gwen Stacy Died and ended the Silver Age of Comics. The book is in safe hands and much better than Slott.

Avatar image for deactivated-1351355
#54 Posted by deactivated-1351355 (5579 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh.....

Avatar image for christianrapper
#55 Posted by christianrapper (6165 posts) - - Show Bio

The people at Marvel really have no idea what to do with Spider-Man anymore. Anybody else miss the good ol' days when Peter Park was a broke photographer & J. Jonah was running the paper?

no

#56 Posted by Supreme_Maj (340 posts) - - Show Bio

This new Jackal identity will be different than what we think, I am sure he's Peter clone and probably Ben Reilly who is "DEAD NO MORE"

Hey Guys what did I tell you? I was right the new Jackal is Ben Reilly sometime I amaze myself (laugh)