• 52 results
Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

CLONE CONSPIRACY #1

No Caption Provided
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

(W) Dan Slott (A) Jim Cheung (CA) Gabriele Dell'Otto

"DEAD NO MORE": The Jackal is back and has conquered death. The Amazing Spider-Man is outmatched by his classic enemy's army. Does the wall-crawler stand a chance? SHOULD he stand in The Jackal's way if he's found the key to eternal life?

RATED T+

AUG160753 In Shops: Oct 12, 2016 SRP: $4.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by werst9 (201 posts) - - Show Bio

This arc is going to be so meta on how convoluted the original clone arcs were.

#2 Posted by casper4690 (704 posts) - - Show Bio

No ....more ...CLONES!

#3 Posted by Ceramicdragon (38 posts) - - Show Bio

I dig his art. Who are the variant cover artists?

#4 Posted by xsbrx (205 posts) - - Show Bio

"This is all one of his stupid frickin' cloning experiments again!"

Truer words never been said.

#5 Posted by animehunter (8592 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Inglewoodian (102 posts) - - Show Bio

The people at Marvel really have no idea what to do with Spider-Man anymore. Anybody else miss the good ol' days when Peter Park was a broke photographer & J. Jonah was running the paper?

#7 Posted by superhoodie (614 posts) - - Show Bio

Slott...

#8 Posted by Wowlock (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Enough with the stupid cloning !

#9 Posted by The_Waffle (690 posts) - - Show Bio

She-lectro lol I like that one

#10 Posted by jim158 (290 posts) - - Show Bio

When people complain just bring back Rhino!

#11 Posted by ursaber (9985 posts) - - Show Bio

The people at Marvel really have no idea what to do with Spider-Man anymore. Anybody else miss the good ol' days when Peter Park was a broke photographer & J. Jonah was running the paper?

Hell No!! that time is long gone. The worst thing they could do to Peter after the last ten years of crap would be to regress him to taking pictures again. What I miss is a good and inspired writer taking care of Spider Man and reminding us why he's the greatest hero in Marvel. And I also miss Peter and MJ together in a time before my greatest most favorite hero made a DEAL WITH THE DEVIL. Nuf said.

#12 Posted by RabumAlal (4976 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it wrong that I'm very excited for this?

#13 Posted by Armaghetto (113 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. They keep cloning this dead horse. Why when the original clone "saga" was such a fail?

#14 Posted by Armaghetto (113 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by g2_ (11408 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course not, it's your opinion.

#17 Posted by jayskee (4843 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering how bad the original clone saga was, I had no hope for this story

#18 Posted by Aros001 (3644 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@inglewoodian said:

Hell No!! that time is long gone. The worst thing they could do to Peter after the last ten years of crap would be to regress him to taking pictures again. What I miss is a good and inspired writer taking care of Spider Man and reminding us why he's the greatest hero in Marvel. And I also miss Peter and MJ together in a time before my greatest most favorite hero made a DEAL WITH THE DEVIL. Nuf said.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts. While Dan Slott can be hit and miss with me, I like that he's taking my favorite superhero and pushing him outside of the box Marvel seems to want to keep him in. I like that Peter owns his own company and has been allowed to grow and that they're doing new things with him, even if not all of them work out, as opposed to Marvel making him a broke, everyman, loser whose life is nothing but misery and is never allowed to grow or learn from his mistakes because that would make him "unrelatable".

Beyond just undoing Peter and MJ's marriage, the reason I hate One More Day is because it regressed his character and how much he'd grown. JMS did an amazing job in making the character grow and did a lot of new things with him that Joe Quesada just decided to undo and I'm really afraid Marvel will do the same thing again and undo all the growth Dan Slott has given Peter, the good and bad.

#19 Posted by lxlGiftedlxl (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

Still not excited.

#20 Posted by mangakid1995 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

@inglewoodian: No because a comic called Spidey exits and covers most of those topics while still allowing the character in the main book to grow and change like a well rounded character should.

#21 Edited by ursaber (9985 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001: I agree with you on pretty much everything you just said. My only problem with his new direction is a mere technicality. I do agree that Peter branching out and becoming the boss of his own business was a good call (he's an inventor, genius, scientist and engineer) but what I don't like is how powerful that business has become (and the fact that it became more powerful than any other company without any explanation). Its like he's some Tony Stark/Bruce Wayne ripoff. If the company was less worldwide then maybe I would like it better. Other than that, everything's fine, well except Slott's writing.

The other issue I have with the current Spider Man comics is how lame the supporting characters are. Aunt May should be disposed of in an emotionally gripping arc (because she is irrelevant, boring and useless to the plot. She would serve Peter better as a corpse, just like Uncle Ben). I don't particularly like Harry but in the hands of a better writer he can be a more integral part of the story. Anna Maria is fine I guess but I don't really care what happens to her. Jameson is Jameson and that's all I'll say. Flash Thompson should definitely make a comeback now that the Venom Symbiote will leave him in the upcoming months with the launch of the new Venom comic. There is one character that would be an awesome addition to the Spider Man supporting cast would be Peter's biological sister Teresa Parker. She would be a GREAT replacement for Aunt May as the only biological family that Peter has (also she's a cool badass). It would open the door for a new dynamic and better emotional drama. Marvel is obsessed with keeping Peter young and surrounding him with other equally aged or younger supporting characters would be a welcome change.

#22 Posted by Zackboom (28 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#23 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6610 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001: Well said, dude. I can't understand people who want Peter to be a loser (aka Everyman) all his life.

#25 Posted by ursaber (9985 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@inglewoodian said:

Amen

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for handofprometheus
#26 Posted by HandOfPrometheus (881 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened to male electro?

Avatar image for marthamanhunter
#27 Edited by MarthaManhunter (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@inglewoodian:

I do! Bring back rotary phones too! Let's never ever evolve characters and narratives. Let's just ALWAYS have Peter Parker be a broke photographer, forever rendering him also being a brilliant scientist a completely useless character trait.

I for one enjoy the evolution of Spider-Man from street-level vigilante into full-blown sci-fi weirdness.

It's fun to explore new things guys, I promise.

#28 Posted by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, like what you like and don't apologize for it. Personally I've given up on Peter ever since OMD/BND, but that's just me.

#29 Posted by Ceramicdragon (38 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Cheung's art. He's asian-british.

#30 Posted by Supreme_Maj (340 posts) - - Show Bio

This new Jackal identity will be different than what we think, I am sure he's Peter clone and probably Ben Reilly who is "DEAD NO MORE"

#31 Posted by Sovereign91001 (7483 posts) - - Show Bio

That was going on over a decade ago, probably time to let it go.

#32 Posted by bloggerboy (896 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm all for letting Peter grow as a character, he's earned the Big Time. I can always go back to the old comics where Peter worked for Jameson at the Bugle.

That said, maybe tone it down on the success, of how big of company Peter has. He is more fitting as an everyman than as a grand Tony Stark-ish character.

#33 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12539 posts) - - Show Bio

@bloggerboy: Yup. Spider-Man being the ultimate "everymans" hometown hero is what makes him great, which sets him apart from guys like Batman and Iron Man...which I guess now he's become 😕

Avatar image for spiderhyphenman
#34 Posted by spiderhyphenman (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Amazing spider-man 19 was really good work by Slott. It had all the elements that made Parker/spider-man work from the conflicts to the suspense. It was such a good issue with old elements feel to it but in modern marvel with successful Parker. It can work, but Slott spins his wheels for many issues "regent filler"and then delivers a great ones like the last few.

Here's hoping Dead no more is a great solid event and not a filler for another. But the preview gives me hope!

Avatar image for parker_industries
#35 Edited by Parker_Industries (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@sbr999 said:

"This is all one of his stupid frickin' cloning experiments again!"

Truer words never been said.

#36 Posted by donmeca2020 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to this, everyone is blasting this new story, just give it a chance geez....

Avatar image for spiderhyphenman
#37 Posted by spiderhyphenman (110 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Edstone1 (228 posts) - - Show Bio

Art looks great tho.

#39 Posted by apg103 (210 posts) - - Show Bio

cool art here !

#40 Edited by Inglewoodian (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: @mangakid1995: @infantfinite128: @sovereign91001: @marthamanhunter: Hey, hey, hey...it's cool. Sheesh. I didn't say I'm against character growth or none of that. I love Spider-Man because he is an everyday man & that resonated with me. He's just like me in certain aspects, you know? I tried the new Spider-Man but he's just another Batman/Tony Stark to me now & I couldn't get into it. Everybody is a genius company owner with millions trying to juggle being rich/famous & a superhero life. I wanted to love it but I just couldn't. If you like it that's cool I'm not against him growing up and using his smarts to earn more as any everyday man would be but he didn't do that. He just took over what Doctor Octopus made while inhabiting his body. Peter Parker didn't do anything really but get back into his body & say "well fuck it Doc Oc built it so I'll just keep it going" ...that's just my opinion on it. Growth is always good for people, no doubt, but just tossing him in the same category as most other heroes & stripping him of what most people loved about him doesn't count as that to me. Especially when the "growth" wasn't earned or created by him at all. Just kind of shoehorned in. However, I know my voice is just one in the millions & my opinion doesn't control anything just stating my piece. To each his/her own. You like it, I love it. More power to ya.

Also the Clone stories suck. Can't we just agree on that lmfao this doesn't seem like it will be any better then the ones before...js

Avatar image for infantfinite128
#41 Edited by infantfinite128 (5774 posts) - - Show Bio

@inglewoodian: I was just agreeing with ursaber because he had a good post. I love a lot of his posts, so I saw his and I read it! lol I don't think he was arguing with you though. He was just giving a passionate response to another passionate fan! :)

I don't like any Spider-man comics since Civil War so I'm not in love with anything right now. I've read a bunch since, but I hated the way Peter was written so I can't disagree with you. I just want a well-written Peter, and I think he should be married with kids like the every-man because that's what the every-man aims for. They can do whatever they want with him financial wise as long as he acts like a responsible man.

Although, I guess, everyone has a different opinion what the "every-man", so that's why they should just stop trying to appeal or pander to people, and just write Peter Parker (It's why I hate Superman with writer's trying to write the pinnacle of goodness (whatever that means. I guess being nice and punching bad guys represents all that's good in morality. Sorry, I'm going to get in a tangent, but I don't like him. lol). By his early 20s, Peter was already an alpha man so he shouldn't regress.

I don't think it's a problem for him to be stuck in a low-paying job because he's giving everything to help folks. I love a modest Spidey. That's what makes him resonate with a lot of people. You'd know more than me, buddy, for how it was written because I couldn't stand the writer's characterizations. I read it, but I don't even remember it because I hated it so much. I don't remember if it was Dan Slott, but I remember that Peter talked like an annoying child, and I couldn't take it. I hate Deadpool, and Spider-man was written way worse than him.

#43 Posted by Angryduck (10 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened to male electro?

In light of Spider-Man's apt name for the new "Electro" (She-lectro) the OG Electro will henceforth be called "Male-ctro"!

#44 Edited by ursaber (9985 posts) - - Show Bio

@infantfinite128 said:

@inglewoodian: I was just agreeing with ursaber because he had a good post. I love a lot of his posts, so I saw his and I read it! lol I don't think he was arguing with you though. He was just giving a passionate response to another passionate fan! :)

I don't like any Spider-man comics since Civil War so I'm not in love with anything right now. I've read a bunch since, but I hated the way Peter was written so I can't disagree with you. I just want a well-written Peter, and I think he should be married with kids like the every-man because that's what the every-man aims for. They can do whatever they want with him financial wise as long as he acts like a responsible man.

Although, I guess, everyone has a different opinion what the "every-man", so that's why they should just stop trying to appeal or pander to people, and just write Peter Parker (It's why I hate Superman with writer's trying to write the pinnacle of goodness (whatever that means. I guess being nice and punching bad guys represents all that's good in morality. Sorry, I'm going to get in a tangent, but I don't like him. lol). By his early 20s, Peter was already an alpha man so he shouldn't regress.

I don't think it's a problem for him to be stuck in a low-paying job because he's giving everything to help folks. I love a modest Spidey. That's what makes him resonate with a lot of people. You'd know more than me, buddy, for how it was written because I couldn't stand the writer's characterizations. I read it, but I don't even remember it because I hated it so much. I don't remember if it was Dan Slott, but I remember that Peter talked like an annoying child, and I couldn't take it. I hate Deadpool, and Spider-man was written way worse than him.

Thanks for the praise and the love. Know that I also enjoy your posts and that I respect your own opinions (and the rest of your post above this sentence) and those of others including @inglewoodian. I merely say my piece and opinion in the most straightforward way with every post.

No Caption Provided
#45 Edited by ursaber (9985 posts) - - Show Bio

@inglewoodian said:

Hey, hey, hey...it's cool. Sheesh. I didn't say I'm against character growth or none of that. (1)I love Spider-Man because he is an everyday man & that resonated with me. He's just like me in certain aspects, you know? I tried the new Spider-Man but he's just another Batman/Tony Stark to me now & I couldn't get into it. Everybody is a genius company owner with millions trying to juggle being rich/famous & a superhero life. (2) I wanted to love it but I just couldn't. If you like it that's cool I'm not against him growing up and using his smarts to earn more as any everyday man would be but he didn't do that. He just took over what Doctor Octopus made while inhabiting his body. (3) Peter Parker didn't do anything really but get back into his body & say "well fuck it Doc Oc built it so I'll just keep it going" ...that's just my opinion on it. Growth is always good for people, no doubt, (4) but just tossing him in the same category as most other heroes & stripping him of what most people loved about him doesn't count as that to me. Especially when the "growth" wasn't earned or created by him at all. Just kind of shoehorned in. However, I know my voice is just one in the millions & my opinion doesn't control anything just stating my piece. To each his/her own. You like it, I love it. More power to ya.

(5) Also the Clone stories suck. Can't we just agree on that lmfao this doesn't seem like it will be any better then the ones before...js

First of all, I want to apologize if in any way what I said offended you or if you interpreted as a biased argument against your opinion. And you're not wrong, he was written a lot better in his days as a photographer than he is today. And if you really like those days then I highly recommend the Spectacular Spider Man animated series if you haven't seen them already (best Spider Man ever).

1- Yeah I completely understand. That's how most people related to him when he was introduced.

2- Neither do I, that's why I don't buy them but read them from my buddies who did.

3- That's just Slott's writing, he's been at it for too long.

4- Wholeheartedly agree with you with what you said there.

5- They are abysmal.

In the most frank and straightforward way, let me just state my opinion and desire for Spider Man and his world.

• I merely want for Peter to be written as a mature, competent, experienced and accomplished adult which he has been for the majority of his run. To evolve and grow. To be truly responsible and to have a plan for the future and safeguards against villains and the troubles of his double life.
  • I want him to put his intelligence, skills and abilities to achieve a decent living because a gem like him only ever taking pictures to survive is regressing and depressing. I relate to Peter, he and I have a lot in common, which is why its frustrating to see him struggle over issues he's already overcome. Its like saying I will never end up successful. Personally I don't like his current status as a worldwide super rich philanthropist. However I am not against him being the boss of his own successful company so long as he's not being another Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne. If Parker Industries was less worldwide and more local but still successful then I would be all over. Make him like when he was working at Horizon Labs or when Parker Industries started out (but with Peter being the boss and not Doc Ock).
  • I want his marriage to MJ restored and with the daughter he's always been destined to have. You know how I describe OMD? "A slap in the face, punch to the gut, stab in the back, take my wallet and leave me to die insult". Because that's what it was.
  • I want an accomplished Peter Parker who has overcome all those past challenges but because he's human he will continue to stumble and fall in the face of new struggles in the future. Just don't make him struggle over issues he's long overcome.
  • I also want Aunt May to finally die and for Peter's long lost biological sister Teresa Parker (she's actually real, look it up) to replace Aunt May as Peter's last living family member other than his daughter and for Flash to return as his supporting character.
#46 Edited by infantfinite128 (5774 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@infantfinite128 said:

I don't like any Spider-man comics since Civil War so I'm not in love with anything right now. I've read a bunch since, but I hated the way Peter was written so I can't disagree with you. I just want a well-written Peter, and I think he should be married with kids like the every-man because that's what the every-man aims for. They can do whatever they want with him financial wise as long

Thanks for the praise and the love man. Know that I also enjoy your posts and that I respect your own opinions (and the rest of your post above this sentence) and those of others including @inglewoodian. I merely say my piece and opinion in the most straightforward way with every post.

No Caption Provided

And that's why I love you! Thanks for the kind words!

Seriously man, I love all your posts!

#47 Edited by ursaber (9985 posts) - - Show Bio

@infantfinite128 said:
@ursaber said:
@infantfinite128 said:

I don't like any Spider-man comics since Civil War so I'm not in love with anything right now. I've read a bunch since, but I hated the way Peter was written so I can't disagree with you. I just want a well-written Peter, and I think he should be married with kids like the every-man because that's what the every-man aims for. They can do whatever they want with him financial wise as long

Thanks for the praise and the love man. Know that I also enjoy your posts and that I respect your own opinions (and the rest of your post above this sentence) and those of others including @inglewoodian. I merely say my piece and opinion in the most straightforward way with every post.

No Caption Provided

And that's why I love you! Thanks for the kind words!

Seriously man, I love all your posts!

Well then in that case, allow me to take advantage of your admiration. If you're a sucker for fan fiction about making Spider Man better again, then feel free to check out my blog posts. I have three OMD retconning storylines: One More Time, Amazing Spider Man; The Refusal (of OMD) and Ultimate Evil (Mephisto Imperative and the fixing of Spider Man). Please, please, please if you take the time to read them then comment and offer legitimate criticism cause feedback from other like minded individuals (and everyone else) is very important.

#48 Posted by infantfinite128 (5774 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by Zwm210 (147 posts) - - Show Bio