Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

BATMAN '66 #27

(W) Jeff Parker (A) Scott Kowalchuk (CA) Michael Allred

Riddle me this: What kind of ring isn't round? A wrestling ring, of course. This issue, Batman finds himself in the middle of a rigged contest. The Caped Crusader pursues The Riddler south of the border and encounters half of a terrifying tag team: the masked menace known only as Bane! All this, and Batgirl too!

Item Code: JUL150261In Shops: 9/23/2015SRP: $2.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

eh, still a better Bane than the 2004 cartoon

G-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can't believe they're actually making a comic of the Old Batman show still. I wonder if this comic was directed towards a more younger audience to attract a wider audience. Look's good though, I like the fun cheesy style of the comic. Not a lot comics like that now.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Correction still a better bane than the batman and robin movie.

Looking at this makes me think of women were portrayed back then.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@amazingwebhead said:

Correction still a better bane than the batman and robin movie.

that too

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
deactivated-57af58bda2d61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Looks sweet

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@g-dude said:

Can't believe they're actually making a comic of the Old Batman show still. I wonder if this comic was directed towards a more younger audience to attract a wider audience. Look's good though, I like the fun cheesy style of the comic. Not a lot comics like that now.

As someone who is not a Batman fan, I do enjoy this comic. It can be a bit too campy at times but I think it's a fun blast from the past. I enjoy it for it's art mostly. I love seeing all the 66 tech. Wonder WOman 77 is better atleast tone wise, cus that doesn't feel so thick with camp, plus the art is gorgeous. I'm actually surprised to see this series get cancelled. They've had so many spin off stories like the Lost Two Face episode, The Green Hornet, and we're about to get The Man From UNCLE and Avengers crossover.

deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

I grew up on reruns of the Batman TV series. Adam West was my first super-hero and first Batman. The TV series got me into comics. I like what Jeff Parker has been able to do with the book. This looks like a sequel to that third season Riddler boxing episode.

daingermouz20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love this book. Gives us the chance to see villains we didn't get to see on the TV show. Hope they'll give us a special guest star like George Reeves' Superman or Lynda Carters' Wonder Woman

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane is Mexican, i knew it.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g-dude said:

As someone who is not a Batman fan, I do enjoy this comic. It can be a bit too campy at times but I think it's a fun blast from the past. I enjoy it for it's art mostly. I love seeing all the 66 tech. Wonder WOman 77 is better atleast tone wise, cus that doesn't feel so thick with camp, plus the art is gorgeous. I'm actually surprised to see this series get cancelled. They've had so many spin off stories like the Lost Two Face episode, The Green Hornet, and we're about to get The Man From UNCLE and Avengers crossover.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@saintwildcard said:

@g-dude said:

Very well put.