Exclusive Preview: ARCHIE DOUBLE DIGEST #237

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Valentine's Day is just around the corner and Riverdale could either be the best place or worst place to spend it. Looks like Archie has to decide who he wants to be his Valentine. Check out this exclusive preview courtesy of Archie Comics.

No Caption Provided

ARCHIE DOUBLE DIGEST #237

It’s V-Day in Riverdale and Archie is determined to make Betty his Valentine! In order to do so he’s got to out-charm Adam who’s also vying for Betty’s affections. In a bid to top Adam, Archie goes all out in a gift giving frenzy – but is bigger really better? Find out in “Small is Big,” the lead story in this jam-packed digest!

Script: George Gladir

Art: Stan Goldberg, Bob Smith

Cover: Bob White, Tito Pena

On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 1/30

== TEASER ==
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ARMIV2

Hmm. Must not be all too cold in Riverdale...

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Trodorne

I willing to bet in the end she somehow manages to get archie to do her driveway.

kingdomenic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By kingdomenic

I still don't get why anyone cares about these Comics.

sheldipez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By sheldipez

@kingdomenic: Nostalgia? I have no idea.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#5  Edited By cbishop

@kingdomenic said:

I still don't get why anyone cares about these Comics.

@sheldipez said:

@kingdomenic: Nostalgia? I have no idea.

More than likely, it is nostalgia. Archie is one of the only companies that still sells their comics newsstand style, including on impulse counters at grocery checkouts. These are some of the first comics many kids ever see, and parents will continue to buy them for their kids, because they know it's going to be good, clean entertainment - something that's obviously important to many parents. So kids read enough Archie brand digests, and it's something that stays with them.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Such a cute and timeless classic comic. Always have enjoyed Archie.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck

@kingdomenic: There's also not many other comics available for kids. They keep getting canceled. Archie knows how to package their comics at great prices so parents will buy them for their kids. And there are also adults buying them. ARCHIE MEETS KISS isn't necessarily something kids would get.

torrenter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By torrenter

@cbishop: That's word for word why i'm here right now. Would i still buy the books in stores? probably not. But it's nostalgic enough just to click here and read the front page!

Senno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Senno

I've been reading Archie now going on 20 years. The comics are certainly repetitive, but they are also timeless, in sense that they can be read 50 years after their initial printing and can still bring enjoyment. This issue looks set to follow in that tradition.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#10  Edited By cbishop

@Senno said:

I've been reading Archie now going on 20 years. The comics are certainly repetitive, but they are also timeless, in sense that they can be read 50 years after their initial printing and can still bring enjoyment. This issue looks set to follow in that tradition.

They are literally repetitive. I bought a stack at a flea market one time, and found the exact same story in 3 different issues, drawn the same, but different clothing styles each time.