Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

AQUAMAN #20

No Caption Provided

(W) Dan Abnett (A) Philippe Briones (CA) Brad Walker, Andrew Hennessy

"H2.0" part two! Now partnered with foes including the Aquamarines and Scavenger, Aquaman and Mera's mission with the U.S. government is off to a bad start when they discover a bizarre creature that may have killed everyone at a military research lab deep beneath the sea. And it's still hungry...

RATED T

FEB170179 In Shops: Apr 05, 2017 SRP: $2.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I LOVE this book.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I wish that chimera monster would come back.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@farkam said:

I wish that chimera monster would come back.

He was like Aquaman's Doomsday.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@farkam: Same. I'm hoping Abnett doesn't ignore some of the stuff other writers put into continuity.

I hope to see Atlana return with her island again.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I am thoroughly enjoying this book so much more than any other DC book besides Red Hood and the Outlaws and Superman. Love the mythology, love Mera, love Aquaman and his world, its all really good and cool.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@ecstaticgrace: I would also like to see all of these return at some point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never understood why anyone would still think that Aquaman's lame after all these years. It's time to let Super-Friends go, right?

LordWhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never understood why anyone would still think that Aquaman's lame after all these years. It's time to let Super-Friends go, right?

Anybody who goes off Super Friends or Family Guy doesn't read comics to begin with.

LordWhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love this book.

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordwhiskers: Exactly. People who don't read the comics but think they can establish opinions on them annoy me extremely.

Aliltron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 16

Can't wait! I know this arc just started but I'm really into it. Loved Dead Water from Abnett's previous run on New 52 Aquaman. A Dead Water/Chimera team up could be fun XD. Also, while I did not like Bunn's run at all, I do really miss that trident he had. That thing packed one hell of a punch.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aliltron said:

Can't wait! I know this arc just started but I'm really into it. Loved Dead Water from Abnett's previous run on New 52 Aquaman. A Dead Water/Chimera team up could be fun XD. Also, while I did not like Bunn's run at all, I do really miss that trident he had. That thing packed one hell of a punch.

Agreed. Nothing wrong with a little more power. And it was befitting of the King of the Seven Seas.

What's cool about his normal trident is that its 100 percent unbreakable. Now if he could just find some magic pearls or stones that imbued the trident with water, ice and electricity manipulation, that would make my day. Mera is an awesome love interest, partner and supporting character.

Avatar image for iron_fist_angel
Iron Fist Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

So happy to see many others enjoy this book, I had heard a while back it wasn't selling so well and Aquaman series tend to never last very long, (which as a fan for over 30 years saddens me). I'm only wondering when they will give him long hair and a beard again to sync up with his movie counterpart.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By seastone98

Kewl

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kewl

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@ursaber said:

@aliltron said:

Agreed. Nothing wrong with a little more power. And it was befitting of the King of the Seven Seas.

What's cool about his normal trident is that its 100 percent unbreakable. Now if he could just find some magic pearls or stones that imbued the trident with water, ice and electricity manipulation, that would make my day. Mera is an awesome love interest, partner and supporting character.

Yeah that'd be cool, something to make him stand out a bit more, without overshadowing Mera (though hey, who says she can't her own upgrade at some point)

Also agree, Mera is just fantastic, and has been since she was created. They're long standing relationship reminds me a lot of Sue and Reed

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah that'd be cool, something to make him stand out a bit more, without overshadowing Mera (though hey, who says she can't her own upgrade at some point)

Also agree, Mera is just fantastic, and has been since she was created. They're long standing relationship reminds me a lot of Sue and Reed

Agreed on both points.

Aquaman is a beast in his standard state with strength and durability second to Superman.

Mera is tough as nails, physically strong and powerful. She along with Mary Jane, Jean Grey and Starfire are my dream girls. Also their relationship is entertaining, very entertaining and I like that its a core theme of the book and how important she is. As with Starfire and Miss Martian, her slight ignorance of some human customs is an attractive quality.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber:

She along with Mary Jane, Jean Grey and Starfire are my dream girls.

Oh...

Got a thing for red heads? ;)

But nah seriously though, all fantastic characters

And you'e very much right about the core of the book being the dynamic between the two. Just hard to really imagine Aquaman doing his thing without her

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber:

She along with Mary Jane, Jean Grey and Starfire are my dream girls.

Oh...

But nah seriously though, all fantastic characters

And you'e very much right about the core of the book being the dynamic between the two. Just hard to really imagine Aquaman doing his thing without her

DUDE! Love the picture. PERFECT. I am definitely following you now. Everything you said, I am in full agreement, love for redheads and Mera being integral. Fully agreed.

Also saving the image (where's Jean Grey, can't spot her?). Know where I can get more of those?

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Hehe, right back atchya, you seem like ya really get the emotional core of comics, which is very important me

Jean is under Caitlin (my fav) and above Barbara. Hard to see her because she's in her red Phoenix costume

The image is by Dustin Nguyen

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Hehe, right back atchya, you seem like ya really get the emotional core of comics, which is very important me

Exactly. The humanity and relationships of the hero are integral to making any character likable and relatable in some fashion, giving them depth and greater significance and higher stakes. The personal relation of family, friends and lovers is essential to my enjoyment of heroes and the emotion that comes with it.

Jean is under Caitlin (my fav) and above Barbara. Hard to see her because she's in her red Phoenix costume

Yeah she's really camouflaged in there. Also remind me again who Caitlin is? My personal favorite is Mary Jane (its super hard to decide between her, Starfire, Jean Grey and Mera but since MJ is the love interest to my favorite superhero, I had to decide).

The image is by Dustin Nguyen

Gotta check him out. Where was the site you got it from?

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Agreed

Caitlin Fairchild is from a Wildstorm team called Gen 13

I forget where I found it originally, so I just used Google Images. I have lot's of images like that though. PM me some time if you'd like to chat and share more cool comic art and recommendations

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Agreed

Caitlin Fairchild is from a Wildstorm team called Gen 13

I forget where I found it originally, so I just used Google Images. I have lot's of images like that though. PM me some time if you'd like to chat and share more cool comic art and recommendations

Wildstorm, there's an ongoing comic called Wild Storm right now, saw Engineer but no redhead. I've heard about Gen 13 in my browsing for ideas. Gonna have to check it out.

Oh you can bet we'll correspond. Havel lots of art as well. My Pinterest account is where I hold part of my collection but now I will include more foxy redheads plus other cool comic art.

KMART4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks dope

Comicality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

Looks good. It is always fun to see Aquaman and Mera together in action.

hopeyai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By hopeyai

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@ursaber said:

@aliltron said: https://downloader.vip/itunes/

Can't wait! I know this arc just started but I'm really into it. Loved Dead Water from Abnett's previous run on New 52 Aquaman. A Dead Water/Chimera team up could be fun XD. Also, while I did not like Bunn's run at all, I do really miss that trident he had. That thing packed one hell of a punch. https://inro.in/mobdro/

https://inro.in/tutuapp/

I'm not even expecting to get my list of wants during Abnett's run depending on how long he's on Aquaman. He doesn't really get active on social media either so it's hard to find out some of are questions.

Off the top of my head some stuff I'd like to see.

From Johns run.

1. John showed the Sea Devils. I'd like for them to return in some manner and be active.

2. He also teased The Deep 6. The fact he never showed them gives Abnett alot of creativity to do whatever he want.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopeyai:

Dan Abnett's run on Aquaman has ended. In December now, crazy ass feminist Kelly Sue DeConnick will take over the book.

All I want from Aquaman is dynastic stories in Atlantis after both Arthur and Mera have become married King and Queen.

The other is adventures throughout the Seven Seas, with or without Arthur and Mera being king or queen. Just them exploring the other kingdoms, the endless seas, fighting ancient monsters or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66
deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That comic was complete garbage.

jasmerrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers