• 64 results
#53 Edited by JamesSpiring (996 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderhyphenman said:

@antithetical: Yep. I keep coming back to see what G-man (Tony) has to show but nothing much, not like it used to be. But what's more disappointing is the loud-community of non stop complaints. I hope the site does pick up steam and start reviewing comics and having interviews with creators.

This site has completely gone to seed since the Gamespot merger. Updates are rare and my account got screwed up (name changed to match GameFAQs when I didn't want it to, I think the admins now think I'm someone else as I get treated like a noob when editing the wiki now, which has prompted me to quit).

@spiderhyphenman said:

This site barely publishes any articles anymore and when they do the comments sections is 2/3 complaining.

Yeah, I miss Best Stuff In Comics. Another site should take up that concept, I think.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#55 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (17891 posts) - - Show Bio

@2cool4fun: it's supposed to be a team of X Men who are trying to rid themselves baggage of the past and create their own future.

Avatar image for imaginecomics123
#56 Posted by ImagineComics123 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, the only reason I occasionally look at these books is for young Cyclops. He's the closest thing to the genuine article since before Marvel made him a genuine villain. Everyone else is so... boring. Even Laura is so stereotypical and sort of comes of as Logan lite -the hot head who is tough and gritty and whatever. Oh, and I hate her relationship with Warren who is just as boring.

Bobby had to be gay to make him interesting. That being said, I like how they're keeping his boyfriend around. Can't wait for them to be broken up later though. Hank has potential to be a very compelling character, serving as the one so done with the future that all he wants to do is get his friends home. But it's a topic for an issue or two and the subject of a terribly lame story arc and then done. (Speaking of which, did we ever find out why they couldn't go home?)

Jean could be an awesome character but I think she was done so poorly in the first All-New X-Men series that at this point, I couldn't care any less for her. She was so whiny and annoying and using her powers on people without their permission was shitty.

The other two kind of just seem like they're there because... why not? X-Men is having a resurgence and these guys are getting another book so let's hope the creative team steps their game up. This run just felt like a place holder to give the O5 something to do until post IvX.

Avatar image for spiderhyphenman
#57 Posted by spiderhyphenman (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesSpiring: Yes. I miss all of those articles and features that felt like a fan/writer wrote.

This site had a non corporate feel to it.

It went full mainstream but we gained nothing? Unless i'm missing something?

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
#60 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (4701 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, I really dislike the artstyle here. Sheesh, not flattering at all, but at least teen Beast looks like a teen, and not some grungy old man.

#61 Posted by pansito (1142 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont read xmen but why do they look like kids

#63 Posted by ToRANBlAk (101 posts) - - Show Bio

One thing that Jack Kirby, Ditko and even dave gibbons was that not all parts of the costumes should be skin tight i mean when the X-men first published and the characters are in their teens they had identical costumes(because they are a team) and it wasnt skin tight but baggy cause

1. they are still considered teens back then not just because of the art style in that era.

2. Marvel are technically doing what DC did to Mary Marvel in Countdown from which the character was 16

3. If you say they are not teenagers well ok but why are they drawn like Ultimate spiderman.

#64 Posted by ToRANBlAk (101 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Gerry Duggan is the new writer. As for new members, they're making Groot a baby (predictably) and getting rid or anyone who's not going to be in the next movie (goodbye Kitty Pryde, Thing, and Venom).

As for Captain Marvel, it's ridiculous:

2012: Captain Marvel issue 1.

2014: Captain Marvel issue 1.

2016: Captain Marvel issue 1.

2017: Mighty Captain Marvel issue 1.

Why is this necessary?!

To keep the name from returning to DC.

Avatar image for scott_summers52
#65 Posted by scott_summers52 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

@toranblak: Marvel doesn't have to keep restarting the title to keep the rights to the name. They could achieve the same copyright protection just by continuously publishing a Captain Marvel title. The only reason why they cancel and restart CM's title so many times is because of their false logic that thinks it will boost sales. In the long run, Marvel barely gains anything more from constant number one issues (as seen by their recent sales slump).

#66 Posted by ToRANBlAk (101 posts) - - Show Bio

@scott_summers52: Well if they honestly want sales maybe they should do the original formula but instead of ''the artist formerly known as Ms Marvel'' they should make a kid call a magic word to transform the kid, just like the original Captain Marvel from Whiz comics hell they already have the rights to a character like that he is called Miracle Man or Marvel Man, in his final issue if i remember right(be free to correct me please) he had a child.

So here is my idea since they have that character they should take his child and merge him with Mar-Vel just like when they did it with the Rick Jones character though this time it will be with an actual child and will call his alter ego Mar-Vel by calling the word Kimota . Plus the first team up the character should do must be from issue 10 (this is one of the most common mistakes Marvel and DC do at times team ups starting at the end of issue 1 or 2) and from Issue 10 it should be with Miracle Man the child's Father.

And Just like the original and Miracle Man the target audience was of age 10 and Above.

So i dare ask do you think this will work better or should Marvel keep Mighty Cpt. Marvel monologue her ego.

( cause on the recent issue there are too many 'I' )

Avatar image for scott_summers52
#67 Posted by scott_summers52 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

@toranblak: Merging Miracle Man with a younger boy would make a character very similar to the original Captain Marvel, and I don't think Marvel's intention is to make a character that close to DC's. They can hold on to the copyright by continuing Mighty Captain Marvel, which they will do with the movie coming out soon. I'm okay with Mighty continuing, as long as Marvel doesn't unnecessarily cancel it again and replace it with another Captain Marvel 1.

#68 Posted by ToRANBlAk (101 posts) - - Show Bio

@toranblak: Merging Miracle Man with a younger boy would make a character very similar to the original Captain Marvel, and I don't think Marvel's intention is to make a character that close to DC's. They can hold on to the copyright by continuing Mighty Captain Marvel, which they will do with the movie coming out soon. I'm okay with Mighty continuing, as long as Marvel doesn't unnecessarily cancel it again and replace it with another Captain Marvel 1.

Well i can give two examples that have the same or similar formula that have not started with dc or Marvel and they were in other media.

1. He-Man whose alter-ego is a young prince and uses a magic word of Power with his sword as a catalyst. In later versions of Prince Adam he is kid in his mid-teens thus making him similar to Cpt. Marvel (which brings to question why didn't they brought Shazam in the Masters v Dc crossover is beyond me)

2. This is a Manga Character but She is similar to the Mar-Vel and Rick Jones thing and that is 'Birdy the Mighty'

I believe their are more characters that take from Cpt.Marvel in both Versions but thats a lot of checking up so this is my best example 4 now.

But as for the Captain Marvel restarting from 1 and this time its a 4th attempt I agree with you and can tell you why they keep doing it no matter what. Because they want to make it a success before the moviecomes out and the studios want the version of Ms Marvel as the Captain but it is her most unlikable version ever and thus no one wants to really buy it hell the monologues are about her ego.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Not worth my money or time.

#70 Edited by HigherPower (11966 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds interesting.

#72 Posted by tudexu (-5 posts) - - Show Bio

BREAKING NEWS OF THE DAY

my Aunty Sarah just got silver Porsche Cayenne Diesel just by some part time working online with a macbook. check it out+_+_+http://www.jobpro22.com

#74 Posted by zulutawa (-8 posts) - - Show Bio

BREAKING NEWS....

what Rita implied I didn't know that anybody can earn $8805 in a few weeks on the computer . navigate to this site<<<<.....>>>

http://www.jobpro22.com

#75 Edited by zulutawa (-8 posts) - - Show Bio

BREAKING NEWS....

what Rita implied I didn't know that anybody can earn $8805 in a few weeks on the computer . navigate to this site<<<<..>>>

http://www.jobpro22.com