• 64 results
Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

ALL-NEW X-MEN #19

No Caption Provided

(W) Dennis Hopeless (A) Paco Diaz (CA) Mark Bagley

• Together at last!

• In the aftermath of the X-Men's war with the Inhumans, the original five X-Men are reunited once more...

• ...but will they walk into an uncertain future together or apart?

Rated T+

JAN171075 In Shops: Mar 29, 2017 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9339 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm I thought this ended along with the other X-Men titles.

#2 Posted by Bl00dwerK (956 posts) - - Show Bio

The end would be something to celebrate if they weren't just getting a new book.

#3 Edited by Ambaryerno (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix said:

Hmm I thought this ended along with the other X-Men titles.

This is the finale issue. At least before they continue in X-Men Blue.

Laura rampaging against human traffickers may be the only in-character thing she's done since this book launched.

#4 Posted by adamTRMM (8433 posts) - - Show Bio

The end would be something to celebrate if they weren't just getting a new book.

This...

#5 Posted by Eto (5083 posts) - - Show Bio

'original'

#6 Posted by Ibe (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, I really dislike the artstyle here. Sheesh, not flattering at all, but at least teen Beast looks like a teen, and not some grungy old man.

#7 Posted by Doc-Holiday (3849 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, I really dislike the artstyle here. Sheesh, not flattering at all, but at least teen Beast looks like a teen, and not some grungy old man.

I was going to say much the same about the cover. It looks like something a teenager who just learned photoshop would do for a school project. Marvel and DC really have lowered their standards over the last few years.

#8 Posted by jorgeareizaga (483 posts) - - Show Bio

TRASH

#9 Edited by 2cool4fun (2418 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, there's something i never understood, why is laura part of the x-men of the past team.

#11 Posted by Saint_Talker (157 posts) - - Show Bio

@2cool4fun: the other teams already have a Wolvy. Extraordinary: old man logan, All New: Laura, Unncany: Sabertooth...? every team needs claws.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
#12 Posted by Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin (4127 posts) - - Show Bio

@2cool4fun: After the "Avengers Arena" volume, Laura was in shock and with various "memory" problem. She was wandering alone and was attached by Anti-Mutants army. The O5 and Kitty saved her and helped her to regain her mental stability. After that the team was involved in various problem, such as rescuing Young Rachel from Shi'ar Empire, so Laura remain with the team and engage love affair with Warren Warringhton III

#13 Posted by ursaber (9352 posts) - - Show Bio

Send the 05 back, bring the Originals along with Xavier. Sick and tired of this multidimentional crap. Even Older Logan, Time Displaced X-Men, Spider Man 2099 in the present, Miles Morales in the main universe. When will it stop. And still no F4.

Avatar image for victorcheenoanleu
#14 Posted by victorcheenoanleu (330 posts) - - Show Bio

I only come to comicvine for the negativity lol are we all reading the same book? Laura has been in character since this series began. This book has been my favorite of the three flagship titles. Btw I didn't see Beast on any of the preview pages for those of you complaining about the art.

#15 Posted by Ambaryerno (512 posts) - - Show Bio

I only come to comicvine for the negativity lol are we all reading the same book? Laura has been in character since this series began.

Then you know bupkiss about X-23.

#16 Posted by victorcheenoanleu (330 posts) - - Show Bio

@ambaryerno: go ahead explain yourself. This is gonna be so good....

#17 Edited by Ibe (50 posts) - - Show Bio

@xXRedTokyoXx said:

I was going to say much the same about the cover. It looks like something a teenager who just learned photoshop would do for a school project. Marvel and DC really have lowered their standards over the last few years.

I don't know if I can agree on that. I like the majority of Marvel's artists, there are a few artists I just don't really like. Even this artist isn't bad, I think I was a little harsh, I just don't like the angles they're drawing the characters in. Still, I don't think any one artist is just the worst in the world; they still have that level of professionalism I like, respect, and will never achieve, lol.

#18 Posted by coffeeprince29 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

OMEN!

#19 Posted by Ambaryerno (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@ambaryerno: go ahead explain yourself. This is gonna be so good....

She's always been depicted as a strategist who carefully analyzes a situation before entering. In ANXM she's a reckless and mindless berserker jumping in head-first before she knows what's happening. And she sure as hell doesn't say things like "BRB" or "Something something bub." This isn't even character development. It's a complete 180 of her personality that ignores over ten years of established history.

#20 Posted by Dark_Stranger (372 posts) - - Show Bio

Teenage Original X-Men - Still don't like them or the whole let's bring in the younger original X-Men while kicking out some of the actual new an younger mutants.

Then I have to be reminded of the Warren x Laura crap. So SO barf worthy.

#21 Posted by Doc-Holiday (3849 posts) - - Show Bio

@doc-holiday said:
@xXRedTokyoXx said:

I don't know if I can agree on that. I like the majority of Marvel's artists, there are a few artists I just don't really like. Even this artist isn't bad, I think I was a little harsh, I just don't like the angles they're drawing the characters in. Still, I don't think any one artist is just the worst in the world; they still have that level of professionalism I like, respect, and will never achieve, lol.

I don't agree with you but you have the right to your opinion. The work I've seen recently just looks cheap and ill-made. The Old Man Logan re-boot or sequel or whatever it's supposed to be is a good example, it was not like the original art and looked rough and poorly drawn.

#22 Posted by TheLurker (989 posts) - - Show Bio

@doc-holiday said:
@xXRedTokyoXx said:

The only people I hear with sentiment like this about comic artist, draw or have once drawn themselves.

Avatar image for scott_summers52
#23 Posted by scott_summers52 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel's canceling this comic and replacing it with a nearly identical title? This has never happened!

(Sarcasm)

#24 Posted by victorcheenoanleu (330 posts) - - Show Bio

@doc-holiday: okay okay hold on, so just for the record you don't like Andrea Sorrentino's art? Interesting.

#25 Edited by mangakid1995 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin said:

@2cool4fun: After the "Avengers Arena" volume, Laura was in shock and with various "memory" problem. She was wandering alone and was attached by Anti-Mutants army. The O5 and Kitty saved her and helped her to regain her mental stability. After that the team was involved in various problem, such as rescuing Young Rachel from Shi'ar Empire, so Laura remain with the team and engage love affair with Warren Warringhton III

Also because the premise of this book is mutant teens dealing with their "great destiny" or "imposing future" Genesis is worried he'll become Apocalypse, Ide is presumably still dealing with the fact that she kinda likes hurting people or at least isn't bothered by it, and Laura is supposedly worried about living in Logan's shadow despite that not being a thing Laura would really get hung up on, and the O5 (O4 in this case) are worried about turning into the post AVX versions of themselves in the future.

#26 Posted by Doc-Holiday (3849 posts) - - Show Bio

@doc-holiday: okay okay hold on, so just for the record you don't like Andrea Sorrentino's art? Interesting.

I don't like the cover art. If that is the cover artist, then no, I do not like their work.

Not everyone likes the same artists.

#27 Posted by Ibe (50 posts) - - Show Bio

@xXRedTokyoXx said:
@doc-holiday said:
@xXRedTokyoXx said:

The only people I hear with sentiment like this about comic artist, draw or have once drawn themselves.

Not an artist, just aware that they're still great at what they do!

#28 Posted by MutantEquality (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops shooting that car makes my neck hurt.

#29 Posted by Ambaryerno (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@xXRedTokyoXx said:
@doc-holiday said:
@xXRedTokyoXx said:

You don't need to be an artist to recognize that something's wonky with angles. There's something seriously Escher-esque about that shot of Cyclops blasting the car on the last page.

Avatar image for spiderhyphenman
#30 Posted by spiderhyphenman (110 posts) - - Show Bio

This site barely publishes any articles anymore and when they do the comments sections is 2/3 complaining.

And since this was brought up. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion but Sorrentino is well respected in the business. He has a beautiful style and the way he puts the panels together is fantastic.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#31 Posted by antithetical (1615 posts) - - Show Bio

This site barely publishes any articles anymore and when they do the comments sections is 2/3 complaining.

Haha, was just commenting on this myself on another forum just a couple hours ago.

#32 Edited by spiderhyphenman (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@antithetical: Yep. I keep coming back to see what G-man (Tony) has to show but nothing much, not like it used to be. But what's more disappointing is the loud-community of non stop complaints. I hope the site does pick up steam and start reviewing comics and having interviews with creators.

#33 Posted by ursaber (9352 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel's canceling this comic and replacing it with a nearly identical title? This has never happened!

(Sarcasm)

(Sarcasm but real as well)

They're gonna cancel Rocket Raccoon and relaunch it as Rocket! LOL

#34 Posted by ursaber (9352 posts) - - Show Bio
@thelurker said:
@xXRedTokyoXx said:
@doc-holiday said:
@xXRedTokyoXx said:

You don't need to be an artist to recognize that something's wonky with angles. There's something seriously Escher-esque about that shot of Cyclops blasting the car on the last page.

Its his head. His head is not facing the car directly but the optic blast is still hitting the car regardless.

#35 Posted by Eto (5083 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderhyphenman: Well Sorrentino drawings are marvelous. Can't argue with that lol.

#36 Edited by spiderhyphenman (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@eto: Yeah his work along with colorist Marcelo Maiolo is just too good! Sorry i just had to say that even though the art here is from Diaz who's not bad at all. but i juts had to defend Sorrentino...lol

#37 Posted by Ambaryerno (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@ambaryerno said:
@thelurker said:
@xXRedTokyoXx said:
@doc-holiday said:
@xXRedTokyoXx said:

Its his head. His head is not facing the car directly but the optic blast is still hitting the car regardless.

Hell, the car looks like it's BEHIND HIM.

#38 Posted by ursaber (9352 posts) - - Show Bio

@ambaryerno: Indeed. If the head and the torso were slightly twisted to face the car then it would've been good but there's this whole disproportionate distortion in the head and the neck that he'll surely be criticized for when the book hits. The problem is that Young Cyclops' entire body is facing forward but the head and the neck are doing a twisted 90 degree turn.

#39 Posted by TheLurker (989 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@ambaryerno said:
@thelurker said:
@xXRedTokyoXx said:
@doc-holiday said:
@xXRedTokyoXx said:

Could be Omega Beams.

#40 Edited by ursaber (9352 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@ambaryerno said:
@thelurker said:
@xXRedTokyoXx said:
@doc-holiday said:
@xXRedTokyoXx said:

Could be Omega Beams.

LOL Funny

However Omega Beams don't deflect instantly when the beam is projected from the eyes. Omega Beams project directly, straightforward and then they change their directions in straight directions vertical and horizontal without curving.

No Caption Provided

#41 Posted by scott_summers52 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: (more sarcasm but also completely true as well)

Guardians of the Galaxy is being replaced with All-New Guardians of the Galaxy! Captain Marvel literally has her fourth new ongoing series to come out in the last decade! Marvel has NEVER done this before!

#42 Posted by ursaber (9352 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: (more sarcasm but also completely true as well)

Guardians of the Galaxy is being replaced with All-New Guardians of the Galaxy! Captain Marvel literally has her fourth new ongoing series to come out in the last decade! Marvel has NEVER done this before!

Yeah, like the last 7 years (2010's). Ever since she became Captain Marvel she's had, like you said, four or five new volumes. The Avengers as well. Courtesy of the endless events, crossovers, relaunches and rebranding.

AN GotG, I wonder how they're gonna screw it up. Who's the new writer and are any new members joining?

#43 Posted by scott_summers52 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: Gerry Duggan is the new writer. As for new members, they're making Groot a baby (predictably) and getting rid or anyone who's not going to be in the next movie (goodbye Kitty Pryde, Thing, and Venom).

As for Captain Marvel, it's ridiculous:

2012: Captain Marvel issue 1.

2014: Captain Marvel issue 1.

2016: Captain Marvel issue 1.

2017: Mighty Captain Marvel issue 1.

Why is this necessary?!

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
#44 Posted by Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin (4127 posts) - - Show Bio

@scott_summers52: For helping new readers to start to follow issue one and give at compulsive collector like me the possibility to drop a title when the numeration is closed... I find that really usefull

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#46 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (8706 posts) - - Show Bio

i think its magneto talking to cyclops cause hes the O5 new teacher in the new book .........and of course its jean on the plane LOL come on marvel u aint fooling no one .......this teen book is really babyish @koays

#47 Posted by Thunderscream (2512 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I seriously supposed to believe Bobby's parents never grilled out at a motel/hotel/camp site? He grew up in a blue collar family...public grills are everywhere...am I missing something here? Is the dark haired guy Northstar or someone new?...if it's Beast, that scrawny frame and the tiny hands are all wrong. It's clear the O5 are here to stay which irks me to no end. Not a huge fan of the art here, either, but a few panels definitely received more attention to detail than others. If this entire book had been presented with consistent quality, I might feel differently.

I have hope for the new wave of X-books, but I know they're all tied up in a ridiculous corporate timeline that's influenced by movie releases for the next million years so we might never again experience a contained story that's not bogged down with tie-ins, crossovers & universal events.

Almost wish that rumor about X-Men in space had been true.

#49 Posted by Ambaryerno (512 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I seriously supposed to believe Bobby's parents never grilled out at a motel/hotel/camp site? He grew up in a blue collar family...public grills are everywhere...am I missing something here?

Didn't you get the memo?

No Caption Provided

Is the dark haired guy Northstar or someone new?...if it's Beast, that scrawny frame and the tiny hands are all wrong.

It's Romeo, (yes, really) Bobby's new Inhuman boyfriend, who he met right before Inhumans vs. X-Men started. Because Hopeless just doesn't do "subtle" in this book.

#50 Edited by scott_summers52 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin: I understand that. But the only reason why Marvel keeps relaunching series like Captain Marvel is not to make the fans happy, but to make money off a big #1 issue. It annoys me that most of Marvel's interests are financial (money trumps good story-telling).