Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

A-FORCE #9

(W) Kelly Thompson (A/CA) Paulo Siqueira

CIVIL WAR II TIE-IN!

• The fates of NICO MINORU, a mysterious missing girl named Alice, and a small town in Colorado are all tied together as CIVIL WAR II heats up and threatens to tear A-FORCE apart.

• The team, with ELSA BLOODSTONE in foul-mouthed tow, splits up to hunt down the apparent source of the trouble in the hopes of saving the town.

• However, it soon becomes apparent that all is not what it seems with the team-A-Force is changing-and by morning there may not be anyone left to save the day.

Rated T+

JUL160925 In Shops: Sep 14, 2016 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

That cover is sexist.

It shows a woman on her back, looking helpless.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

That cover is sexist.

It's a homage cover. And Nico isn't exactly helpless, her Staff of One is right next to her, she's probably about to grab it and cast a spell!

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

That chick's costume is one of the worst I've seen. Those stockings, especially.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mark_Stephen

I don't know about sexist but Carol is drawn about as ugly as I've ever seen her. I see that marvel's love of fascism continues though. I wonder what Carol would do if Ulysses told her that Carol herself was the danger?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

You know, it's stuff like this that makes me wonder if Ulysses, during the course of this event isn't going to come out either dead or with a big target painted on his face.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That chick's costume is one of the worst I've seen. Those stockings, especially.

You mean Nico's? She's supposed to be a goth.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@bl00dwerk said:

You mean Nico's? She's supposed to be a goth.

Is that what that is?

shinobi62676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

That cover is sexist.

It's a homage cover. And Nico isn't exactly helpless, her Staff of One is right next to her, she's probably about to grab it and cast a spell!

Uh, I think they were just joking.

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

This is just making me hate Carol, Medusa, and the Inhumans even more.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's probably a good part of what the story intends. At least for Carol, I can't see any other reason why they are casting her as such a fascist. On the other hand since the Inhumans and the mutants are set to fight each other in the next event I'm guessing that Medusa acting like this infront of Allison is just a warm up.

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@ambaryerno said:

That's probably a good part of what the story intends. At least for Carol, I can't see any other reason why they are casting her as such a fascist. On the other hand since the Inhumans and the mutants are set to fight each other in the next event I'm guessing that Medusa acting like this infront of Allison is just a warm up.

If that's the case, that's good news for the X-Men seeing as Dazzler is pretty much their primary counter to Black Bolt.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@ambaryerno said:
@mark_stephen said:
@ambaryerno said:

If that's the case, that's good news for the X-Men seeing as Dazzler is pretty much their primary counter to Black Bolt.

That assumes Medusa doesn't snap Allison's neck or Carol kills her, or that Carol doesn't just lock her up in this issue or the next, you never know where the fickle finger of fate (Ulysses) is going to point and where ever it points Carol or one of her friends attacks.

coffeeprince29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

dafuq happened to dazzler? she looks bad

Man0ftomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..personalities that disagree with each other..how compelling....

Kurolegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coffeeprince29: Originally Bendis happened. Believe it or not, this is actually an improvement to what she was looking like before.

AlineWonka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh... I miss the Runaways so freaking much...

igilistr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My, my, my. Carol wodnt like that Inhuman scum is more and more out of her control.

igilistr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

coffeeprince29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@coffeeprince29: Originally Bendis happened. Believe it or not, this is actually an improvement to what she was looking like before.

I don't even wanna look up how she looked before this. poor dazzler

igilistr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know about sexist but Carol is drawn about as ugly as I've ever seen her. I see that marvel's love of fascism continues though. I wonder what Carol would do if Ulysses told her that Carol herself was the danger?

Maybe its reflection of Carols character. Nothing nice, eh?

What you expect when they turned Steve Rogers into Nazi?

Carol would probably acuse Inhuman scum that they try to "Take over the world" and orderde them to "Surender into protective custody". Then Carol order full fladge asault and i think you can gues the rest.

Ps. Didnt try Inhumans take over the world in the past? I think there was once something like that in the past, but im not sure. I actually didnt cared about Inhumans at all, but it chnanget when Inhuman scum started their genocidal curside aginst mutants.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@farkam said:

That cover is sexist.

If you openly claim something is for the good of some group you can't actually do that anymore. Not kidding as long as a writer occasionally says how something is empowering or put a bunch of on the nose group X is awesome lines in it, he can use the shittiest most exploitive cliches and present the group in question as the most useless helpless people on earth and he would still get away with it and praised for it and probably win a prize for the story cause its sooo deep.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By wowlock

Soo Medusa, how is she not a villain yet ? I mean she has a ''future telling toy'', her people act like 'royalty' , blow up Stark's stuff , their clouds MURDER mutants yet they do nothing...and when they get called out on their bullshit they go '' We are a sovereign nation and royalty'' as if that would mean anything to those that suffered. And now Medusa is FORCEFULLY ARREST someone who haven't done a DAMN THING while knowing the character that suppose to die is around there and probably involved with something bad...so instead of solving that problem, she goes '' Yea, I am gonna be a bitch and capture this girl who is INNOCENT and probably lead to her escape and cause the event to happen BECAUSE OF MY STUPID ACTIONS ! ''

How the hell is she still the Queen with such poor judgement ? I mean her dating Johnny Storm should be enough of a red-flag.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

That cover is sexist.

You understand that she is in danger from another woman, clown?)

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@wowlock said:

Soo Medusa, how is she not a villain yet ? I mean she has a ''future telling toy'', her people act like 'royalty' , blow up Stark's stuff , their clouds MURDER mutants yet they do nothing...and when they get called out on their bullshit they go '' We are a sovereign nation and royalty'' as if that would mean anything to those that suffered. And now Medusa is FORCEFULLY ARREST someone who haven't done a DAMN THING while knowing the character that suppose to die is around there and probably involved with something bad...so instead of solving that problem, she goes '' Yea, I am gonna be a bitch and capture this girl who is INNOCENT and probably lead to her escape and cause the event to happen BECAUSE OF MY STUPID ACTIONS ! ''

How the hell is she still the Queen with such poor judgement ? I mean her dating Johnny Storm should be enough of a red-flag.

Actually Carol and Medusa are both arresting someone who hasn't done anything, which is what the whole storyline is about. Given how ignorant the writer seems to be about the American legal system I guess he doesn't realize just how wrong and illegal their actions are, not mention just plain idiotic. They could have told Nico what was going on and then just stayed with her, cautioning her not to go near Alice, but Carol being the fascists she is for this event has to arrest her, take her to a place unknown for unknown treatment and Medusa aping her friend is just going to subdue her.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Medusa shop at the same belt store as as Apocalypse? That is a a pretty big M. This title has been cancelled correct?

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, Medusa baby, what have they done to you?

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Medusa shop at the same belt store as as Apocalypse? That is a a pretty big M. This title has been cancelled correct?

No word. Any subscribers in the house? They should've been emailed by now about subs transferring to other titles (for example, the one I saw on Reddit lists Nighthawk subs as transferring to Occupy Avengers, Vision to Champions, and Guardians of Infinity to Guardians of the Galaxy - it didn't list A-Force, Astonishing Ant-Man, All-New Inhumans, and Web Warriors though).

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Medusa is severely underestimating Dazzler here. Dazz has multiple ways of hurting Medusa. She could fry her with a laser, hit her with a photon blast, dazzle her, and more.

Blues32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: You mean from the clearly female attacker?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kidchipotle

THIS ART IS SO BEAUTIFUL.