Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

The Marvel Universe is in trouble. With the Monsters Unleashed event happening, the heroes are going to have their hands full fighting them off. We recently got word of some of the tie-in issues. More tie-ins were announced involving the Champions, Doctor Strange, the X-Men, and Inhumans.

Marvel has given us an exclusive first look at the Champions issue. The new team of heroes just might be in over their heads.

CHAMPIONS #1.MU

No Caption Provided

Written by JEREMY WHITLEY

Art by RO STEIN & TED BRANDT

Cover by SIMONE BIANCHI

40 pgs. – On Sale in February!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by Sifighter (107 posts) - - Show Bio

I will say that this looks really good and I'm interested to see what they are going to be doing in this.

#3 Posted by Stahlflamme (5603 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassie_hack: I don't think this comes out now. It comes out when the event does, which is in January. Also who had the idea of naming an event after the second scooby doo movie?

#4 Posted by StellatedColt (848 posts) - - Show Bio

Did they change the art? If so, thank god.

#5 Posted by 2cool4fun (2418 posts) - - Show Bio

@stahlflamme: that's still in 2 months, 3 issues after it started...

#6 Posted by Stahlflamme (5603 posts) - - Show Bio

@2cool4fun: Did you see all-new Hawkeye last year? Started before the previous Hawkeye series was over, got interrupted after five issues by secret wars and then renumbered afterwards. I'm immune to this bullshit now.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
#7 Edited by Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin (4162 posts) - - Show Bio

Champions vs Giant Monster? Well, they have an Hulk, job done!

#8 Posted by benwoodtweet (48 posts) - - Show Bio

@stahlflamme: Marvel had a series called Monsters Unleashed that ran from 1973 to 1975. it was a quasi-horror series that focused on the monsters of Marvel like Man-Thing. Why they're doing this in January and not October boggles the mind.

#9 Posted by Stahlflamme (5603 posts) - - Show Bio

Best thing about that is that, that is actually the closest thing to an overarching plot in Amadeus solo series, him hunting random monsters. Hopefully, they at least connect those two things. Who are we kidding with Hulks writer not writing this or the main monsters unleashed and the event trying to be new reader friendly, that of course isn't gonna happen...

#10 Posted by Battle123axe (8849 posts) - - Show Bio

^ all my thoughts when seeing this.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#11 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

Amadeus looks even lamer in this one then he does in the other book.

Good job Marvel.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#12 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4388 posts) - - Show Bio

Amadeus looks even lamer in this one then he does in the other book.

Good job Marvel.

Savage

#13 Edited by JamesSpiring (996 posts) - - Show Bio

@stahlflamme: Marvel had a series called Monsters Unleashed that ran from 1973 to 1975. it was a quasi-horror series that focused on the monsters of Marvel like Man-Thing. Why they're doing this in January and not October boggles the mind.

Because Civil War II?

#14 Posted by waezi2 (24326 posts) - - Show Bio

Even Superman need the Justice League now and then. Heck, even the Hulk needs the Avengers now and then

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
#15 Posted by Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin (4162 posts) - - Show Bio

However, I'm quite sure that this Hulk need the Champions for fighting aliens, crime boss, robot, energy monsters, high intellect creature and so on...

But "Hulk vs Giant Monsters" is much like "Thor vs Frost Giant" or "Captain America vs Nazi", a classic and iconical fight! "Brute force vs Brute Force, Hulk is really the stongest one?". So I think that in this case, the true job of the others Champions will be saving citizen and containing collateral damage :)

@waezi2 said:
@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin said:

Even Superman need the Justice League now and then. Heck, even the Hulk needs the Avengers now and then

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
#16 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad that this is a seperate book.

#17 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

However, I'm quite sure that this Hulk need the Champions for fighting aliens, crime boss, robot, energy monsters, high intellect creature and so on...

But "Hulk vs Giant Monsters" is much like "Thor vs Frost Giant" or "Captain America vs Nazi", a classic and iconical fight! "Brute force vs Brute Force, Hulk is really the stongest one?". So I think that in this case, the true job of the others Champions will be saving citizen and containing collateral damage :)

@waezi2 said:

But then, how does Amadeus stack up as a Hulk, compared to Banner, Walters, or even Jones? Strength-wise, if there's any record. Just being a version of a certain character doesn't mean you are. They call Val-Zod Superman, but I wouldn't put him against a character like Doomsday or Brainiac.

#18 Posted by Tantani (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv said:

@waezi2 said:

But then, how does Amadeus stack up as a Hulk, compared to Banner, Walters, or even Jones? Strength-wise, if there's any record. Just being a version of a certain character doesn't mean you are. They call Val-Zod Superman, but I wouldn't put him against a character like Doomsday or Brainiac.

This is a crossover event

all the teams will fight monsters, I guess hulk won't solo everything

#19 Posted by Helloman (26716 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks good. I will pick this up.

#20 Posted by Lordhuck (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeez, can we get Cyclops a Jet Pack already?