Exclusive Cover Reveals: NEW SUPER-MAN #11, SUPERGIRL #9, SUPER SONS #4, TRINITY #9 &TRINITY ANNUAL #1

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

DC Comics has given us an exclusive first look at some of their May 2017 titles. Take a look at the covers and solicit information for New Super-Man, Supergirl, Super Sons, Trinity, and the Trinity Annual.

NEW SUPER-MAN #11

No Caption Provided

Written by GENE LUEN YANG • Art by BILLY TAN • Cover by PHILIP TAN • Variant cover by BERNARD CHANG

“THE ZERO ULTIMATUM” part one! Dr. Omen’s deadly first experiment, the original New Super-Man of China, frees himself! Kenan Kong may be learning to control his super abilities, but to survive an encounter with Super-Man Zero he’ll need to learn faster! Plus, the shocking origin of the ultra-powerful All-Yang reveals a surprising connection to Kenan’s teacher—Master I-Ching!

On sale MAY 10 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

SUPERGIRL #9

No Caption Provided

Written by STEVE ORLANDO • Art and cover by BRIAN CHING • Variant cover by BENGAL

“Escape from the Phantom Zone” part one! Trapped in the Phantom Zone, Supergirl and Batgirl must face the Phantom King to escape! But what deadly team is Emerald Empress building? And what does it have to do with the future of the Girl of Steel?

On sale MAY 10 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

SUPER SONS #4

No Caption Provided

Written by PETER J. TOMASI • Art and cover by JORGE JIMENEZ • Variant cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN

“When I Grow Up” part four! As our young heroes struggle to break free of the deadly Kid Amazo’s control, they discover the truth behind this young villain’s power! But with an army at his command, and his sights set on total domination, the boys will need to put up the fight of their young lives to stop him! Is the key to stopping him not beating him but helping him?

On sale MAY 17 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

TRINITY #9

No Caption Provided

Written by FRANCIS MANAPUL—Art and cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL—Variant cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ

“ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER” part one! The Trinity is trapped in the Justice League Watchtower, and there’s a traitor in their midst! No one is what they seem as our heroes fight back against their own home turf!

On sale MAY 17 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

TRINITY ANNUAL #1

No Caption Provided

Written by ROB WILLIAMS—Art and cover by GUILLEM MARCH

You don’t betray Ra’s al Ghul and legendary sorceress Circe and just walk away. That’s what Lex Luthor is about to learn the hard way. Now, he has to unite with his former Justice League teammates if he wants to stay alive. Meanwhile, the Trinity fear this ordeal will push Lex back to the dark side.

On sale MAY 31 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

Both Trinity covers and solicitations sound awesome!

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Trinity is ok pretty interesting

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I'm glad Xa-Du is being used, one of the very few bright spots from the New-52 era. These look really good imo.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

From these I am really excited about Trinity and Super Sons, they look marvelous. I am so glad that DC is really returning to it's previous glory.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@entropy_aegis said:

I'm glad Xa-Du is being used, one of the very few bright spots from the New-52 era. These look really good imo.

Yeah, he was a fun villain to read.

@farkam said:

I miss Nuperman creating earthquakes while porking WW :(((((((

Such compelling, memorable stories

I remember them doing that in a few episodes of Smallville and it was always played for laughs.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of it seems meh to me. Typical DC comics.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Pass on most of these

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Super Sons looks really fun, Damian and Jon make for an enjoyable team book to read.

Jogga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus, this Lex Luthor Good Guy routine is still going on...

nickschuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both Trinity covers and solicitations sound awesome!

This series has been a true highlight and I cannot get enough of Manapul's stuff

MeanAndGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would love to see DC introduce a Wonder Girl and/or Aquagirl as interesting as Jon and Damian. Aquaman has had kids in the past and in different continuities. I'm not sure if Diana has had kids, but Donna Troy has.

Would also love to see Kid Flash guest star in Super Sons. The fact that his dad is a villain could make for an interesting contrast.