Exclusive Cover Reveals: IDW Funko Variants

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

IDW announced the launch of a Funko Comic Book Universe. This May, the popular Pop! vinyl figures will take comics by storm in a special month-long event. There will be five one-shots courtesy of IDW’s creative stable: GHOSTBUSTERS, TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES, THE X-FILES, STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE, and JUDGE DREDD.

The FUNKO UNIVERSE MONTH will also extend beyond the core titles above to include special variant covers for Back to the Future #20, Orphan Black: Deviations #3, Dirk Gently: The Salmon of Doubt #8, Star Trek: Boldly Go #8, The Powerpuff Girls: The Time Tie #1, Donald Duck #20, Mickey Mouse #20, Walt Disney’s Comics & Stories #738, all hitting comic shops this May. Here's a look at some of the variants.

Back to the Future #20—Funko Toy cover

No Caption Provided

Bob Gale, John Barber (w) • Marcelo Ferreira (a) • Mike Martin (c)

HARD TIME continues, as a secret passed through time threatens Marty and Doc… but what can they do to set things right without making everything worse?!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Star Trek: Boldly Go #8—Funko Art Variant

No Caption Provided

Mike Johnson (w) • Megan Levens (a) • Tim Gilardi (c)

It's up to Kirk, Spock and the Academy cadets (including their newest member, Jaylah from STAR TREK BEYOND!) to solve the murder of the Romulan ambassador before the Babel peace conference ends in disaster and a new course is set for galactic war! The finale of an epic storyline with guest artist Megan Levens!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Powerpuff Girls: The Time Tie #1 (of 3)—Funko Art Variant

No Caption Provided

Haley Mancini & Jake Goldman (w) • Philip Murphy (a) • Phil Murphy (c)

Mojo Jojo has decided that because he can never destroy the Powerpuff Girls, he’ll do the next best thing: zap them into another time!!! He uses his patented "Time Tie" to blast the three little heroes back into three separate eras in the past. Can the girls find their way back to the present before Mojo can fulfill his mission: The complete destruction of Townsville!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Dirk Gently: The Salmon of Doubt #8—Funko Toy Variant

No Caption Provided

Arvind Ethan David (w) • Ilias Kyriazis (a) • Chris Fenoglio (c)

Sally runs afoul of Hugo Friendkin and must rely on Dirk to come to her rescue! Featuring favorite characters from the original books as well as the cast from the TV series, including Samuel Barnett and Elijah Wood!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I see these Funko things all over the place but I don't know anyone who's ever bought one. Are these things actually collected or is it just another manufactured fad?

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes, I know an incredible number of people that collect them in great quantities. I myself, only buying them in convention [and receiveng some as a Gift] have surpassed the twelve pieces in half a years. And I'm not even at collector level.

And I'm in Italy, where most of the pieces dosen't arrive easy...

I see these Funko things all over the place but I don't know anyone who's ever bought one. Are these things actually collected or is it just another manufactured fad?

bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got some for Christmas a couple of years ago and two of them are worth over 100 bucks.

hutalipag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BRAKING NEWS: my buddy’s sister makes $70 /hour on the computer . She has been out of a job for 8 months but last month her paycheck was $14224 just working on the computer for a few hours.check my source +_+_+_+

+_+_+_+MORE INFO> http://www.jobocean3.com

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I know quite a few people with at least a few. I started two years ago when I got one free at SDCC '15 for attending a Conan O'Brien taping. Now I'm at twenty or thirty pops (some I got at cons, some were gifts, some from Loot Crate, etc). It's surprising how quickly you can get a collection of them going.