Exclusive Cover Reveal: CAGE #4 Art Adams Variant

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Have you been reading the Cage series written and drawn by Genndy Tartakovsky? Issue #3 is on sale December 21, but we have an exclusive look at Art Adams' variant for issue #4, on sale in January.

CAGE #4

No Caption Provided

(W) Genndy Tartakovsky (A) Genndy Tartakovsky (CA) Arthur Adams

It's the wrap-up, baby! Cage, Fist, Misty and a bevy of fellow travelers put the hurt on the big bad behind Luke's bad day! • It's dynamite - only more explosive!

Rated T+

NOV160881 In Shops: Jan 18, 2017 SRP: $3.99

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I seriously throught it said Cage fists Misty. Dammit

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Hopefully after this crap series ends they'll give him a series more serious and in tone with the Netflix series.

SlimeBeherit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sweet Christmas indeed!

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Eto

Hopefully after this crap series ends they'll give him a series more serious and in tone with the Netflix series.

This.

As long as Soule (and a few other names) isn't the writer I'd totally check it out.

Currently I don't read DD (it was meh for me), PM&IF (didn't like it). So I need a good series of them. I heard my man Danny is getting a solo? Btw, do you think we'll be getting a Defenders comic (since the tv show coming up)?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Why don't they have a modern Luke cage book?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Well they do have Power Man and Iron Fist but yeah if Iron Fist is getting 2 (not counting PM&IF) then Luke should probably get his own as well.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By daredevil21134

@teerack said:

No clue.

@eto said:
@daredevil21134 said:

This.

As long as Soule (and a few other names) isn't the writer I'd totally check it out.

Currently I don't read DD (it was meh for me), PM&IF (didn't like it). So I need a good series of them. I heard my man Danny is getting a solo? Btw, do you think we'll be getting a Defenders comic (since the tv show coming up)?

I definitely think we'll get a Defenders book at some point, hopefully written by Al Ewing. Soule's Daredevil is disappointing because it has a lot of potential and while I think it's miles better than what Mark Waid did I can't say I've been enjoying it a lot. After the whole Elektra having a kid tease I haven't really enjoyed it much. Luke Cage needs and deserves a damn solo already. I can't believe Marvel chose to push this 70's crap while his Netflix series was being launched. Iron Fist continues to get solo shots over and over while Cage is regulated to a team book or co star. Cage needs another shot now. I think the time is now so we'll see.

kalorama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cage is Bendis' pet character and he's married to Bendis' other pet character, so I doubt he'll get a solo series unless/until (A) Bendis finds time to write it or (B) he decides to split Jessica and Luke up.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

Highly unlikely. Few characters get gritty, serious and dark stories that they deserve. I could see Cage in a few great series if they went more of the Punisher Max direction rather than traditional comic storylines. The problem is, the serious and the dark doesn't always sell as well as the normal cliche comic stuff.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By daredevil21134

@doc-holiday: It doesn't have to be overly series and dark like Daredevil, just keep it grounded and make Cage interesting and give him cool villains and relatable stories. Netflix was the most respectful and interesting version of Cage to date. They already have the blue print. I don't need a Luke Cage to talk and act like 2pac on steroids to be interesting. I think Cage max was awful and stereotypical as hell.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalorama said:

Cage is Bendis' pet character and he's married to Bendis' other pet character, so I doubt he'll get a solo series unless/until (A) Bendis finds time to write it or (B) he decides to split Jessica and Luke up.

Well currently they are split thanks to Bendis. It was the best decision he's made in years.

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is your tone the only problem with the series and would you have bought had they not released the 'Cage' series recently? Just interested to know because I feel it is a pretty nicely done comic if not all that "important" to the Cage character.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By daredevil21134

@jesusdisciple001: I am not a fan of the art, story or tone and the whole angry black man for hire gig. I mean, if you like it and feel that it's well written I'm not going to tell you you're wrong for digging it, but I think it's time to leave 70's Cage behind and give him a modern solo series like Iron Fist has repeatedly gotten. Cage is probably at the height of his popularity now and this series really hasn't generated any buzz.

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesusdisciple001: I am not a fan of the art, story or tone and the whole angry black man for hire gig. I mean, if you like it and feel that it's well written I'm not going to tell you you're wrong for digging it, but I think it's time to leave 70's Cage behind and give him a modern solo series like Iron Fist has repeatedly gotten. Cage is probably at the height of his popularity now and this series really hasn't generated any buzz.

Oh cool, I also feel he should get a new series in the present. I'm not the biggest fan of the Power Man and Iron fist series myself but I think this was just for Tartakovsky himself since he is a prolific creator and 70's Luke might not really be seen all that much anymore.

RegulatorJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: While I think Cage max was bad I always liked Luke Cage because he was kinda hood. Something I could relate to. So he being that way isnt all bad to me. Even though I think the new PM and IF comic is the best Marvel has right now, I would love to give him a title with a little more grit. See how he is balancing being a husband father, and hero. I think filling out his rogue gallery is also a very needed

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesusdisciple001: I hope that's the case my friend.

@daredevil21134: While I think Cage max was bad I always liked Luke Cage because he was kinda hood. Something I could relate to. So he being that way isnt all bad to me. Even though I think the new PM and IF comic is the best Marvel has right now, I would love to give him a title with a little more grit. See how he is balancing being a husband father, and hero. I think filling out his rogue gallery is also a very needed

Well currently it seems like he isn't a father. But I'd like to see David Walker handle a solo series with more grit. I'm tired of Cage sharing the spotlight with Iron Fist.