gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Secret Wars announcements continue.

It's time, once again, to watch the Marvel Civil War unfold.

No Caption Provided

Charles Soule talked to CNN about the project.

"Secret Wars" is an opportunity to revisit some of the great Marvel stories of the past. One of those is "Civil War," and I got the call to work on that. "Civil War" happened in 2006 and 2007, and in that story Captain America and Iron Man went after each other based on an ideological difference on superheroes in the world. What I'm doing is taking that story in a different direction.

There's no full mention of the artist but clearly this is Leinil Francis Yu's artwork.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Whose side are you on this time?

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

That is some awesome art.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

Art looks great, and it kinda sounds intresting.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Meh, we are already getting "another" Civil war, don't have to read even more Civil War stuff.

RageEx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

What a surprise, making Iron Man job hard so Captain America can look good in a fight against someone that totally outclasses him

I like Soule though as well as the art, so I'll give it a shot

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, Soule did a great job with Death of Wolverine so I'll be checking this out.

theMightyMODOK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

So we get a movie and two comics... I want a video game as well.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

An excellent writer with an excellent artist. I´m definitely picking this up.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Cap10nate

Charles Soule and Yu makes this a pull for me.

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mightymodok: well we kind of got one with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rageex2: everybody jobs to Captain America

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

AriesWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AriesWarlock

Such a goods artist for this title. Pity they couldn't give a good artist to the AvX happening in Secret Wars. Or not making it kids.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By PunyParker

Cap died in the first one......i think it's natural they'll go the other way around,this time.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kidchipotle

So either Cap never turned himself in and died in this universe and they just kept fighting over and over OR Cap is pro-registration and Tony is anti.

Those are my two guesses for this series.

Regardless of what it is, I'm getting this so hard.

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love that art! cap beating up Tony? Sign me up!

wmarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By wmarshal

Marvel really want their fans to be poor don't they? So many tie ins, so few pockets.

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By KritikalMassX

That 3rd pic is too damn epic!

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Hmm... How quaint. The man responsible for writing the worst Wolverine story of all time is now in charge of revisiting one of the worst Marvel events of all time.

But then again it may play out differently.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

But this was announced months ago...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm... How quaint. The man responsible for writing the worst Wolverine story of all time is now in charge of revisiting one of the worst Marvel events of all time.

But then again it may play out differently.

No Caption Provided

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Okay... I'm still so confused on what Secret Wars is suppose to be about. I get that it's literally just every major Marvel Universe crammed together in on a one huge planet, but these stories are becoming more and more like random "What If" stories that seem so random that I'm not sure what Marvel's "master plan" here is.

Honestly I'll probably just sit this whole thing out and wait for the reboot after this is all done and over.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Like one of the article that was posted recently. Chill out on the continuity and just enjoy good stories.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

never read the original so this will be new to me.

battlewingus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: the alt-universe characters from all the one-shots will be on Battleworld to duke it out. at the conclusion of Secret Wars, Marvel will take stuff from all those continuities and consolidate them into a new single Marvel Universe.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry VS Hercules I see

PanthersRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im so pissed off about how they make ironman look so weak against a guy he could litteraly one shot! Its so stupid.

BigMan1227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: it's not an alternate universe. I think me and some other guys have Secret Wars figured out: What is collapsing on itself? Not just the multiverse. TIME ITSELF. So with Secret Wars stories like X-Tinction Agenda, Civil War, Inferno, Years (Days) of Future Past, all those timelines have aged several years (Inferno has aged 5, X-Tinction Agenda has aged 10). So things end differently if these stories take longer than they originally did.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bl00dwerK  Online

I might buy it...

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I think they missed the chance to have a Supervillain Civil War. Magneto Vs Dr Doom.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here comes the Memes!

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

So either Cap never turned himself in and died in this universe and they just kept fighting over and over OR Cap is pro-registration and Tony is anti.

Or, Cap went through with killing Tony in this universe/timeline.

Iron_Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The symbolism is just dripping off of the first image.

Captain America in army uniform tearing the mask from Iron Man's face.

I'm pretty confident that they'll be standing on opposite sides this time.

This will be a nice spin on things.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butters911: you understand that with this "different direction" we can see a fashist Cap and free-minded thinker Tony?)

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WTF is happening on that cover?..

BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#38  Edited By amazing_webhead
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@war_killer: Like one of the article that was posted recently. Chill out on the continuity and just enjoy good stories.

Yeah, no. I'm not going to throw my money on stories that are just random "what if" stories. While some may not like continuity, I actually like my stories making sense and feeling consistent. So I'll just wait until this event has ended and the Marvel Universe is restored once again.

Koop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Koop

You know, I still haven't read CW. Can I just get the main books or is there tie-ins vital to the story that I have to read as well?

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@panthersrock: Uh dude? That's a suit of armor... That can break. It's not like Batman beating Superman, now THAT is stupid and ridiculous, but Cap VS Iron Man is a fairly even fight. Cap's smart in a fight and a great strategist, he fights tough opponents all the time, and has an indestructible shield and enhanced strength he can STILL knock Tony around a bit and if he plays his cards right CAN damage the armor with his shield.

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koop said:

You know, I still haven't read CW. Can I just get the main books or is there tie-ins vital to the story that I have to read as well?

The main books are enough to get the gist of the story. But there are quite a number of tie-ins, and while I wouldn't call them all vital there are some pretty strong ones. The Captain America tie-ins are definitely vital because A- it's written by Burbaker B- It further justifies his position and also shows the aftermath which had major repercussions.

If you are interested in what the villains are doing during this time, you can pick up Thunderbolts, as it also starts to plant the seeds for Dark Reign.

The Cable & Deadpool were also pretty fun.

The Amazing Spider-Man also had its own tie-in story-line called "The War at Home", where it shows you in detail how Peter made the life-changing decisions he makes in the main books while also exploring its repercussions on his loved ones, and its ending sets up the events of the following story-arc, "Back in Black" and unfortunately "One More Day".

Koop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Koop

@anjales: okay, sweet, thanks for the information. So I'll be getting the main books plus Cap, Thunderbolts and Spider-Man's tie-ins as well. Probably Iron Man's too just to get his side on things.

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koop said:

@anjales: okay, sweet, thanks for the information. So I'll be getting the main books plus Cap, Thunderbolts and Spider-Man's tie-ins as well. Probably Iron Man's too just to get his side on things.

No problem. Yeah, the Iron Man ones can definitely shed some light on his position, but honestly I never read it, so I can't tell you if it's good or not. However, you can check out the first 6 or so issues of Iron Man, Director of SHIELD a new series that takes place right after CW that explores the aftermath on Tony's side. Also, I forgot to mention this in my previous post, The Punisher has some interesting tie-ins. While he did not play a very large role in the event itself, the Punisher tie-ins explore how Punisher went from being indifferent to deciding on a side, and it also shifted the status quo for a bit in his series and also Punisher dons a temporary new costume in its aftermath. They're not major, but if you're a Punisher fan you can definitely pick this up.

Koop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Koop

@anjales: I'll definetely put those on my wish list. I haven't read much Punisher but I do find him being an interesting character. I'm fairly new to comics as I've been reading them for the last year or so. But I have been trying to read a lot of back issues and different events to explore all these characters. So any good recommendations for some good reads would be welcomed.

PanthersRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PanthersRock

@smart_dork_dude: I'm sorry it is not even close to a fair fight it is a complete and utter stomp. Let's see we have ironman who's repuslors have one shotted ulik and can reach temperatures over the suns temp and he is a 100 tonner who has knocked hulk around. Cap hurting him with his sheild is pis when ironman has tanked nukes to the face at 2 percent and has never been severely injured when the hulk was pounding on him, and has tanked a speed blitz and punch from sentry and heat vision from gladiator with not a scratch, and he even gave sentry a bloody nose with a punch. So yes it is completely ridiculous for cap to hurt him and the only reason he even got a shot to was because vision snuck up on ironman and disabled his armor

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zearing said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Or, Cap went through with killing Tony in this universe/timeline.

Oh my god, how could I have not thought about that one...that would be insane!

UltronMk7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still going with all of these being from alternate universes rather than different points in time. For a couple reasons. So the beyonder or beyonder's take parts of these worlds from alternate Earth's right before they are destroyed in Incursions and places them on Battleworld. This we know (or assume). If Civil War was taken from 616 Cap and Iron Man wouldn't have been able to participate in anything after that, thus changing the timeline and everything after CW couldn't have happened. If you take Wolverine and the Xmen from extinction then Old Man Logan or whatever other storylines after that couldn't have happened, etc. Not to mention there are clearly multiple versions of each character on Battleworld (Iron Man in CW and Armor Wars etc). Captain America riding a dinosaur as a gladiator on the new Planet Hulk that seems to have nothing to do with the original PH. Not saying the timeline theory has to be incorrect, we've seen lots of time travel paradoxes and what not in the Marvel U, but I think it makes more sense from the evidence we have that it's multiple universes. And pieces of all of them will come together to form the new Marvel U (as we've been told). Just my 2.