• 54 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

There's a lot of talk about the upcoming Man of Steel movie but of course we can't forget Scott Snyder and Jim Lee's SUPERMAN UNCHAINED is also coming out next week.

You may have heard, the issue is going to contained a huge scene. So huge, it couldn't fit on a single page. Jim Lee drew a two-sided gatefold poster within the first issue.

Measuring 11.6875" x 18.875", this poster is part of the story and can also be removed for display. DC has revealed both sides in their full glory.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SUPERMAN UNCHAINED is on sale June 12.

Source: DC Comics

Edit

Here's Scott showing just how large it is:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By G_Money_Christmas

Awesome! But what the eff does it say? My eyes aren't that good!

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Never doubt Jim Lee doing something massive, he's pulled it off so well. This looks so awesome!

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There's no reason this should be a poster but the preview doesn't look bad. Not bad at all.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#4  Edited By Extremis

Mmm not sure I like Jim Lee's Superman.

The recent issue covers for Tony Daniel's Action Comics look amazing though.

Barkley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis:

jim lee designed the new 52 superman and draws it the best but others are getting better...George perez was a mess....he drew the costume like it was iron man suit....just because it is kryptonian armor doesn't mean it should look like an earthling idea of armor

Barkley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis:

but you are right daniels is good... so is rocofort

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Yea it's nice and all but it's not jaw dropping

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This and the awesome trailer in one day!!! I'm in super heaven!!

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for teamunitednerds
TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

This is amazing, but I'm less concerned about the art and more concerned about whether or not Snyder knows how to handle Superman

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: that might change when it's seen in the scale it was meant to be seen in...just being optimistic.

Avatar image for deactivated-62dfe515b2439
deactivated-62dfe515b2439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is amazing, but I'm less concerned about the art and more concerned about whether or not Snyder knows how to handle Superman

In Snyder I Trust.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@ultimatesmfan: I wont see it in scale anyway as I'll be reading it digitally

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meh. it'll be a bi*ch to read.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Awesome!

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I want that book.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

@barkley: Jim Lee designed all the major characters for the New 52, doesn't mean he's the best at drawing Superman. Anyway, I like Daniel's version a whole lot more actually.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 180

User Lists: 45

Wow all I can say is wow I'm going to hang that on my wall it looks so good.

Avatar image for docluthorvondoom
DocLuthorVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DocLuthorVonDoom

Not looking forward to this one...at all. Guess it wasn't enough that Scott Snyder ruined Batman, now he's tossing his hat into the Superman ring too. Also, not a huge fan of Jim Lee; I mean, the guys definitely got skills, I'm not saying that he doesn't, but I feel like he doesn't live up to his own potential. He constantly re-hashes the same poses, and everyone in his comics has the exact same body type and facial features; and he seems to avoid doing fabrics and textures at all costs. Give me Frank Quitely, Tony Harris, Jae Lee or Ladronn any day.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Cool

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I'll probably be buying 2 copies one for reading and one to tear the poster out of. I'm just hoping the staples don't mess it up too much

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks Awesome

mcbean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, no way Superman punching through some metal thing in space could be shown on a single page. No way that would fit.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By DonFelipe

I really don't get why this needs to be on four pages? Such a waste!

This would be so much better as over-sized page and poster:

Superman #21
Superman #21

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, the pictures are cool, I guess. I was kind of expecting more.

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

Not worth 4.99

Mutie199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i feel a bit disappointed with the poster. looks nice but not as awesome as they were saying.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You hear so much about this that its bound to be disappointing. Hopefully it'll be nicer to look at when its in my hands.

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docluthorvondoom: Snyder ruined Batman? How's that??? And Superman in the New 52 hasn't even been Superman, he's been "mediocreman" and "decentman".

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is the purpose of this though? Why would I want to go to extra efforts to fold and unfold a page so I can read it. Kinda lame to me. The art is nice though.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Am I the only person who thinks the idea of pulling this out to be a poster is a terrible idea? If it's actually part of the story, why would you want to remove it from the rest of the comic?

That just makes no sense to me.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkguy said:

@docluthorvondoom: Snyder ruined Batman? How's that??? And Superman in the New 52 hasn't even been Superman, he's been "mediocreman" and "decentman".

Morrison's Action Comics was pretty super to me.

DocLuthorVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DocLuthorVonDoom

@hawkguy said:

How did Snyder ruin Batman? Oh, let me count the ways: firstly, Snyder's new origin for Mister Freeze was downright insulting. The whole point of Dini's origin story for the character was that he was a tragic hero, that's, largely, why he got so popular! Snyder just made him another nutcase. Secondly, leatherface Joker? That's like the most retarded idea ever! Thirdly the Joker comes right out and overtly says that he's infatuated with Batman? Way to take all the subtlety out of one of the greatest antagonistic relationships in comic book history Snyder! And lastly, Gotham already had an extremely rich history, recently just expanded on by Dini's amazing run in, pre-New 52, Detective and Streets of Gotham; essentially Snyder just retconned all of that with a much simpler story, for the sake of one mediocre arc, that he hasn't even, really, revisited since.

Also, how can you say that about New 52 Superman? What about Morrison's legendary run in Action Comics? That was, like, the only really good and original thing to come out of the New 52 thus far.

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not looking forward to this one...at all. Guess it wasn't enough that Scott Snyder ruined Batman, now he's tossing his hat into the Superman ring too.

Ruined Batman!? How!?

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright...Is this the preview?

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

I dunno if this has been said, but I'm so over Jim Lee.

He's ok, but he's so bland to me now...so flat. Look at Superman's face. There's no life there.

DocLuthorVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docluthorvondoom said:

Not looking forward to this one...at all. Guess it wasn't enough that Scott Snyder ruined Batman, now he's tossing his hat into the Superman ring too.

Ruined Batman!? How!?

There's a huge thing about that one comment above you...but just to be thorough...

@hawkguy said:

How did Snyder ruin Batman? Oh, let me count the ways: firstly, Snyder's new origin for Mister Freeze was downright insulting. The whole point of Dini's origin story for the character was that he was a tragic hero, that's, largely, why he got so popular! Snyder just made him another nutcase. Secondly, leatherface Joker? That's like the most retarded idea ever! Thirdly the Joker comes right out and overtly says that he's infatuated with Batman? Way to take all the subtlety out of one of the greatest antagonistic relationships in comic book history Snyder! And lastly, Gotham already had an extremely rich history, recently just expanded on by Dini's amazing run in, pre-New 52, Detective and Streets of Gotham; essentially Snyder just retconned all of that with a much simpler story, for the sake of one mediocre arc, that he hasn't even, really, revisited since.

Also, how can you say that about New 52 Superman? What about Morrison's legendary run in Action Comics? That was, like, the only really good and original thing to come out of the New 52 thus far.

JLAsuperdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docluthorvondoom:

I really had no idea that anyone didn't like Snyder's Batman. I mean you can have your own opinion, I just think everything Snyder has written has been phenomenal. Looking forward to his take on Superman. But seriously, if you ever have seen interviews with him or anything you'll see that it is impossible to hate the guy. Incredibly humble.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This makes me look forward to getting the issue even more

DocLuthorVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jlasuperdude: Really? I know a lot of people who don't like Snyder. I've been actively collecting Batman and Detective forever, every new isssue every month since I was in grade school; 5 issues into Snyders tour as head writer on the franchise I stopped dead, for the first time in almost two decades. And I've seen interviews with him, they've only caused me to dislike him even more. I just get the impression that he was never really a fan before taking on the series. But, you know, different strokes.

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docluthorvondoom: Zero year is going to be a year long, I'm pretty sure that will be plenty of time to explore Gotham's past. And yes, you're right, Morrison's run was good, but I feel it lost momentum with every issue, in my opinion anyway. I haven't read as much Batman as you, so I don't know where you're coming from but I've greatly enjoyed almost every issue Snyder has put out and I enjoy his take on the Batman. I understand some people didn't enjoy the Death of the Family arc but I did, so your comment was a surprise.

TheUnN4med

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, just no. I mean, Snyder is great, and Jim Lee is quite good, but i don't like the poster being like that. I fthey wanted to give a poster with the book, they always can put it outside, so you can put it wherever you want, but yhis looks lame. Sigh, still i´m looking foward to this, ha!

nightwingnerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks awesome but I don't think I'm spending 1 more dollar for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

And the 90s throwbacks continue. Stay tuned for issue 2 with a fancy hologram cover!

ChocolateFrogs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ChocolateFrogs

@jake_fury--Those are coming in September!

---

I was expecting something that couldn't fit on one panel, from an image perspective. I'm sure Lee enjoyed drawing a super-large Superman panel, but this doesn't look mindblowing or revolutionary in storytelling... :/

How will this translate into the graphic novel?

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz

ok..cool looking panel? By why is it a poster?

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Gosh...next week is going to be an amazing week. This coming out the twelfth, and Man of Steel coming out two days later. I can't wait! :(