• 130 results
#51 Posted by neiliusprime (330 posts) - - Show Bio

I am openminded whenever I see new costume designs, but this one is bad IMO. Kinda wish they would've just make a newer version of his original hoodie costume. Bad costume design aside, I really like Peter David's work, but I'm on the fence with this one.

#52 Posted by RabumAlal (4760 posts) - - Show Bio

Bagley art is shit.

#53 Posted by RedHood1047 (271 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenlucario: i know. i really hope they bring back the Other and have it back inside Kaine

#54 Posted by HushoftheWind (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben Reilly can be brought back but Eddie Brock still gets passed over? Damn you marvel

#55 Edited by Prospero_Locke (1081 posts) - - Show Bio

To everyone complaining about too many spiders:

Batgirl (Barbara Gordon)

Batman (Bruce Wayne)

Batwing (Luke Fox)

Batwoman (Katherine Kane)

Bluebird (Harper Row)

Catwoman (Selina Kyle)

Clayface (Basil Karlo)

Gotham Girl (Claire Clover)

Nightwing (Dick Grayson)

Orphan (Cassandra Cain)

Penny-One (Alfred Pennyworth)

Penny-Two (Julia Pennyworth)

Spoiler (Stephanie Brown)

Red Hood (Jason Todd)

Robin (Damian Wayne)

Duke Thomas

Titus

I'm just saying......

#56 Posted by Maddpanda531 (1635 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidercide, is that you?

#57 Posted by saoakden (1285 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the costume, the mouth thing is kind of weird but I'll get use to it. I'll be checking this book out. I never really read anything with Ben Reilly as the main character. Should be interesting to see. As I skimmed through the comments, I do hope we see Kaine with his own book. I now he had one a couple years ago or at least within the last 5-6 years. I don't remember when it started but I do remember enjoying it. Also Kaine's costume is so cool. Ben's I'll get use to it. Same thing with Spider-Man 2099, new costume is alright but it will probably grow on me. Although his Scarlet Spider costume is from the 90's so give it an update. I never grew up reading Ben comics, and never really went back and read any so unlike most people who may have love the character from back then but what's going on with the current Spider-Man story is crazy for Ben but I am looking forward to see what is going to happen to Ben after this story is wrapped up.

A thought just came to me. I'll put in a spoiler thing.

I have a feeling that Kaine is going to die during Clone Conspiracy and they are putting Ben's name on the book to emphasize to any Ben fans Yes he is back this is him in a new book. Here ya go Ben fans here is Ben Reilly.

#58 Posted by savage5252 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody else seeing a similarity between this outfit and Spidercide?

#59 Posted by theredhood44 (1093 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#60 Posted by fodigg (6244 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone really misunderstood why the Spider-Gwen costume worked.

#61 Posted by Soldy (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, his costume is awful.

#62 Posted by TrueMarvel (578 posts) - - Show Bio

I never liked this artist. Even when he was on ultimate spider-man. I think all his characters look the same

#63 Posted by kevinwalsh (135 posts) - - Show Bio

"Not my Scarlet Spider!"-Comic Vine Community

#64 Posted by Eto (5111 posts) - - Show Bio

I never liked this artist. Even when he was on ultimate spider-man. I think all his characters look the same

I kinda agree

#65 Edited by Eto (5111 posts) - - Show Bio
@prospero_locke said:

To everyone complaining about too many spiders:

Batgirl (Barbara Gordon)

Batman (Bruce Wayne)

Batwing (Luke Fox)

Batwoman (Katherine Kane)

Bluebird (Harper Row)

Dafuk, she's not named batman....

She's completely irrelevant right now. In fact, she decided to take a break. She'll probably pop up in Batgirl or Tec Idk.

Catwoman (Selina Kyle)

Again is she named Batman? that's right, she isn't.

Clayface (Basil Karlo)

again the same as Ive mentioned earlier.

Gotham Girl (Claire Clover)

yeah she sucks. cant argue with that.

Nightwing (Dick Grayson)

Orphan (Cassandra Cain)

Penny-One (Alfred Pennyworth)

Penny-Two (Julia Pennyworth)

Spoiler (Stephanie Brown)

Red Hood (Jason Todd)

Robin (Damian Wayne)

Duke Thomas

I hate Duke haha

Titus

dude just why

I'm just saying......

I'm just saying

#66 Posted by fedde (6 posts) - - Show Bio

please NEVER let this person design another costume EVER again!

#67 Posted by jim158 (290 posts) - - Show Bio

@fedde: that hood is weird looking.

#68 Posted by jim158 (290 posts) - - Show Bio
#69 Edited by jim158 (290 posts) - - Show Bio

Hood looks like Spider Man of The Arctic.

#70 Posted by El_tio_este (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@solid_snake97 said:

Peter Parker

Miles Morales

(ugh...can't believe Marvel just won't let her be) Spider-Gwen

Cindy Moon (WHYYYYYY Marvel??!)

Anya Corazon

Jessica Drew

Kaine Parker

Ben Reilly

No Marvel just no, it's bad enough that we have more than 4 Spider Women for some reason but now you bring back another clone?

Don't forget Spider Man 2099.

The roster needs to be reduced to just Peter Parker Spider Man and Jessica Drew Spider Woman. They also need to bring Renew Your Vows into Earth 616 and have the official and true Spider Family.

• Miles needs to take on another identity or go back to Ultimate Universe which has been revealed to survive but still not revealed yet.
  • Spider Gwen needs to disappear and the only thing that remains of her should be white hoodies reminiscent of her costume used on pedestrians and extras.
  • Cindy Moon at least has her own name and she has a popular following so she's not going anywhere.
  • Anya Corazon, don't know a thing about her. What's she doing?
  • Kaine Parker was awesome and under the Scarlet Spider mantle he's become relevant.
  • Ben Reilly, don't care about him anymore.

I don't really care about spiderman 2099 and his almost extinc future(still waiting for a good story to catch my interest in this character), but why is it necessary a spider family? I personally prefer this peter parker, he has become the CEO of a great company and doesn't need to sell pics of himself figthing or put marks on teenagers tests for a living, having accomplished all of this it would be almost unfair to the character if they erase all of his achievements just because some people want to see him happily married and with a child living in a small apartment. I agree if the make peter and Mj get back together and start a family but maintainig all their new status as CEO of Parker industries and secretary at stark industries(well I don't know what is going to happen there after what marvel did to tony stark). Another thing, why those who love so much RYV keep forgetting about the baby that Mj and peter had back in the 90's? That girl was supposed to be be the mainstream marvel version of mayday parker ,right? I even prefer that they bring back that character like she survived what happened and grew up with another family or something like that, if marvel introduce her like that we could have a spider daughter still gow up and maintain all the actual status.

As for the ultimate universe, they can come back and take that stupid maker or their and go again, we don't need another version of reed richards.

I don't care about spider-gwen or silk, so marvel can do whatever they want with them that I won't notice.

Anya corazon is actually with the web warriors, dealing with the fallout of the spider verse arc, and also I think it was the only way they could maintain alive characters like her, mayday parker and others fan favorite.

Finally, marvel needs to stop killing and reviving kaine and Ben(and any other clone of a famous character that they have done in the past), and figure out a way of keeping them around in the same universe which means not killing any of them just for the sake of the other. I won my heart with the last scarlet spider title and Ben was a good character killed in a very confusing way and had the coolest spideman costume(Which is why I'm laughing at that ugly desing in this new title and why I hate that no one hasn't changed that costume of peter parker yet, even superior spiderman had a better costume). Right now both of them have a lot of potential and writing them some good stories would be a good start.

#71 Posted by ShadowPro (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

the important thing is he willsurvive the clone conspiracy! I believed he would die

#72 Posted by fesak (8658 posts) - - Show Bio

Could be fun.

Also bring back Superior Spider-man.

#73 Posted by ursaber (9506 posts) - - Show Bio

@el_tio_este:

Peter Parker didn't earn his company Parker Industries. He didn't even conceive of it. It was all Doc Ock and Peter just inherited it and ran it to the ground afterwards only to mysteriously have it rebuilt into a corporate empire without any build up or explanation after Secret Wars. He's barely done anything significant as a CEO and it all feels uncharacteristic of him. Even as a CEO, he's still being portrayed as a massive doofus and incompetent man child. He's in his thirties and the man is still a mama's boy. Aunt May needs to end, she is an obstacle of growth and a living impediment. She is no longer relevant or necessary. The only ones that matter to Peter are his wife and daughter as it should be.

I'm not saying he should be reduced to being a broke ass photographer again and working for Jameson (NO, NEVER!) but his employment at Horizon Labs was an excellent and completely in character development and that's where it should've remained. He could've even joined the think tank of superheroes alongside Reed, Tony, T'Challa, Bruce Banner and Hank Pym. Parker Industries was doomed from the start to only be a temporary thing. MJ working for Stark is a massive insult and slap to the face to both the character of MJ and Spider Man readers. They literally turned her into another Pepper Potts. MJ is a Spider Man supporting character not an Iron Man supporting character. Hell, she's THE MOST IMPORTANT SPIDER MAN SUPPORTING CHARACTER and WIFE!

As for the marriage, that should (will!) return no matter what because it never should've been taken away in the first place. It is unclear if in Renew Your Vows, Annie is the daughter they had in the 90's or afterwards. Conway has yet to decide if Clone Saga happened in his continuity. The certain thing in RYV is that Annie is Peter and MJ's ONLY child and daughter.

The baby of the 90's grew up to become Mayday so she survived. However she will always be alternate universe for she has too much history that can't be properly included in Earth 616 main continuity, unlike Annie in RYV.

#74 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaine hunting Ben again? Really? Marvel seems really adequate when it comes to ruining characters nowadays.

#75 Edited by TrueMarvel (578 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:

@el_tio_este:

Peter Parker didn't earn his company Parker Industries. He didn't even conceive of it. It was all Doc Ock and Peter just inherited it and ran it to the ground afterwards only to mysteriously have it rebuilt into a corporate empire without any build up or explanation after Secret Wars. He's barely done anything significant as a CEO and it all feels uncharacteristic of him. Even as a CEO, he's still being portrayed as a massive doofus and incompetent man child. He's in his thirties and the man is still a mama's boy. Aunt May needs to end, she is an obstacle of growth and a living impediment. She is no longer relevant or necessary. The only ones that matter to Peter are his wife and daughter as it should be.

I'm not saying he should be reduced to being a broke ass photographer again and working for Jameson (NO, NEVER!) but his employment at Horizon Labs was an excellent and completely in character development and that's where it should've remained. He could've even joined the think tank of superheroes alongside Reed, Tony, T'Challa, Bruce Banner and Hank Pym. Parker Industries was doomed from the start to only be a temporary thing. MJ working for Stark is a massive insult and slap to the face to both the character of MJ and Spider Man readers. They literally turned her into another Pepper Potts. MJ is a Spider Man supporting character not an Iron Man supporting character. Hell, she's THE MOST IMPORTANT SPIDER MAN SUPPORTING CHARACTER and WIFE!

As for the marriage, that should (will!) return no matter what because it never should've been taken away in the first place. It is unclear if in Renew Your Vows, Annie is the daughter they had in the 90's or afterwards. Conway has yet to decide if Clone Saga happened in his continuity. The certain thing in RYV is that Annie is Peter and MJ's ONLY child and daughter.

The baby of the 90's grew up to become Mayday so she survived. However she will always be alternate universe for she has too much history that can't be properly included in Earth 616 main continuity, unlike Annie in RYV.

This guy gets it on a level rarely seen on this website regarding spider-man.

+1

Fav

Upvote

Whatever. You win.

#76 Posted by Tony_Shark (1970 posts) - - Show Bio

That hoodie is terrible. It looks shoehorned. what ever happened to Kaine? Spider-Verse was the last story from Slott that I actually liked and bothered to keep up with

#77 Edited by xsbrx (205 posts) - - Show Bio
#78 Edited by TrueMarvel (578 posts) - - Show Bio

The only Spider people imo should be

Kaine, Miles, Peter and, MAYBE Silk and just barely maybe Anya Corazón(Current Spider-girl)

I say this based off of their abilities and character dynamics. They should AT LEAST differentiate. Bring something new to the table so to speak. I'll make batman comparisons to simplify a bit. Powers and Roles in the "Family" are my main factors.

• Miles: Invisibility, his electrical powers, and a weaker spider-sense (Akin to a robin role. Which is what Marvel SHOULD have done instead of having two Spider-man books. Considering a "Spider-Men" comic not an on-going series right now says all you need to know about Marvel ineptitude regarding spider people currently). Miles might consider a name change, but honestly it isn't NEEDED.
  • Kaine: "The Other" Abilities with increased strength, Organic Webbing, a Darker outlook, and more extreme methods ( Akin to Jason Todd role)
  • Peter: OG (Batman role, and should be the most techy out of all the Spider people to differentiate ability wise)
  • Silk: Enhanced/Different Webbing abilities and Superior "Silk/Spider sense"(Most Likely Batwoman, Maybe Batgirl or possibly but unlikely Catwoman role. Does not have to be a love interest)
  • Anya: Expendable. Her potential role in the family is negligent right now and in the future can and should be filled by Peter's daughter

Why I removed the others:

• Jessica Drew should stop going by Spider-woman because it honestly never fit her powerset, and her costume is so bare bones, It barely hides her identity. Jessica Drew should just go by her name imo... She needs to be officially removed from the Spider brand, because it rarely serviced the brand or her character.
  • Spider-Gwen needs to go. Don't even understand her existence. doesn't have additional abilities to differentiate her. Spider-Gwen could fulfill the same role as Silk, but Silk's added abilities and original name make her the better option. The mere fact I have to call her Spider-GWEN instead of her actual hero name depicts the problem perfectly
  • Spidey 2099 needs to go back to 2099. He's basically the "Batman Beyond" role.
  • Ben Reilly needs to stay dead or retire and/or become a supporting character. Kaine has earned the Scarlet Spider name, and honestly from a character dynamic makes it more interesting and fresh. Ben would just be a personality clone of Peter thus eliminating the difference between Scarlet Spider and Amazing Spider-man. A darker spider-man alternative is always welcome. Kaine fits that perfectly which is partially why Spider-Ock was an issue for me. Two Dark Spiderman is just redundant.
  • The Prowler should never have been a spider-man related Hero.
#79 Edited by ursaber (9506 posts) - - Show Bio

@truemarvel said:
@ursaber said:

@el_tio_este:

+1

Fav

Upvote

Whatever. You win.

Thanks!

No Caption Provided

#80 Posted by TrueMarvel (578 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber

Just to add

The Natural progression of Peter Parker as a character is as follows. No ranking of important, but these should be the cornerstones of his story

1. Dead Aunt May. She has been holding him back for years and downright damaging to his growth. One More Day is the most infamous example of this. Can someone tell me when was the last time Aunt May Contributed to a spider-man book? I mean other than not noticing her nephew/son was secretly takin over by Doc Ock, a man who once tried to marry her. Her dying could be a tentpole event, that could pay numerous homages to Uncle Ben's death. Could be the next spider-man classic
  2. Mary Jane is his Wife. The fact that they made her a Tony Stark supporting character says all you need to know about Marvel's writing skills
  3. His Daughter (don't care which one)
  4. Horizon Labs was the PERFECT environment and makes SOOO MUCH sense given his history. The fact that Dan Slott destroyed that is a testament to his ineptitude.
  5. Eventually, unlocks his intellectual potential. He should EVENTUALLY be considered along the likes of Banner, Reed, T'Challa, Stark, Pym, Beast and anyone else I am missing. I'm talking years down the line, because isn't that Peter's most logical endgame? All the other heroes say he is as smart as Reed and Tony, but squandered his potential. Rediscovering that potential SHOULD be a significant aspect of Peter's character. This CEO bullcrap is not true to the character and even worse the process/story depicting how he got to this point wasn't even written!
  6. Training Miles to be his successor. As he focuses on Science and Family. The crossover "Spider-men" series is the template. Miles should be the Main character of the hypothetical Spider-men series.
  7. A Stronger relationship with Tony Stark
  8. Photography should become a hobby and an important one.
#81 Posted by Prospero_Locke (1081 posts) - - Show Bio

@eto: I got a list of "batfamily" characters and missed a few, my bad. But to the whole not named batman thing... silk, spider-Gwen, scarlet spider, etc are not named Spider-Man but that's still people's complaints.. either way, I'm saying the spider trope still isn't on batgod level but people love to complain.

#82 Edited by Flying_J87 (47 posts) - - Show Bio
#83 Posted by ursaber (9506 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber

Just to add

The Natural progression of Peter Parker as a character is as follows. No ranking of important, but these should be the cornerstones of his story

1. Dead Aunt May. She has been holding him back for years and downright damaging to his growth. One More Day is the most infamous example of this. Can someone tell me when was the last time Aunt May Contributed to a spider-man book? I mean other than not noticing her nephew/son was secretly takin over by Doc Ock, a man who once tried to marry her. Her dying could be a tentpole event, that could pay numerous homages to Uncle Ben's death. Could be the next spider-man classic
  2. Mary Jane is his Wife. The fact that they made her a Tony Stark supporting character says all you need to know about Marvel's writing skills
  3. His Daughter (don't care which one)
  4. Horizon Labs was the PERFECT environment and makes SOOO MUCH sense given his history. The fact that Dan Slott destroyed that is a testament to his ineptitude.
  5. Eventually, unlocks his intellectual potential. He should EVENTUALLY be considered along the likes of Banner, Reed, T'Challa, Stark, Pym, Beast and anyone else I am missing. I'm talking years down the line, because isn't that Peter's most logical endgame? All the other heroes say he is as smart as Reed and Tony, but squandered his potential. Rediscovering that potential SHOULD be a significant aspect of Peter's character. This CEO bullcrap is not true to the character and even worse the process/story depicting how he got to this point wasn't even written!
  6. Training Miles to be his successor. As he focuses on Science and Family. The crossover "Spider-men" series is the template. Miles should be the Main character of the hypothetical Spider-men series.
  7. A Stronger relationship with Tony Stark
  8. Photography should become a hobby and an important one.
  1. PERFECT! Fully Agreed. Aunt May should've stayed dead in ASM 400 and never come back during Gathering of the Five. Also OMD, like you said.
  2. PERFECT!
  3. Annie. Mayday has too much history of her own and implementing her back into Earth 616 just wouldn;t be possible. Besides I like Peter and MJ better as young parents rather than 40 year olds. Still Spider Daughter is what's important so, FULLY AGREED!
  4. PERFECT! What was awesome about Horizon was the advance laboratory settings and its flexible schedule. Come to work whenever you want is perfect for Peter.
  5. HELL YES!
  6. Miles as his Robin and protege is a really good progress. Daredevil is training Blindspot and every major hero has some kind of younger alternate that should really be their sidekicks. Miles should be called Shadow Spider or Spidershock to not confuse with Peter.
  7. I'm divided with the Stark relationship. I'm not against it but I'd have to see them working together again as friends and colleagues to eliminate the happenings of Civil War. However Peter should still make the think tank of Reed, Tony, Bruce, Pym, T'Challa and Beast like you stated.
  8. AGREED! Maybe he can even pass this on to his daughter. Annie could become a pro photographer or have some interest in it.

#84 Posted by El_tio_este (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@truemarvel said:
@ursaber said:

@el_tio_este:

+1

Fav

Upvote

Whatever. You win.

Thanks!

No Caption Provided

Dude, I was saying my opinion and then I was just replying some coment(that was even funny). I'm not any kind of hater or something I just simply don't like that a character must be happily married and have a family. I think that this disdain towards that idea started when DC killed new52 superman and replaced him with preflashpoint version, who is married and has a son who inherited part of his powers. But again it is still funny argue about this stuff with you guys.

#85 Posted by bigsoto74 (332 posts) - - Show Bio

One of Spider-Man's greatest nemesis was Venom because they had similar powers, so I guess it makes sense for Scarlet Spider's greatest threat to be Kaine since they have similar powers and they are clones.

#86 Posted by D9000 (1637 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, that costume seems.... controversial.

#87 Posted by RavenKingXXX (244 posts) - - Show Bio

@truemarvel:

1. Yes it is about time she died and let Peter grow.

2. Yes, current superman is evidence that people don't mind reading about a married characters

3. Why not

4. Horizon was slots creations pretty sure he can do with it what he wants, but it was good idea.

5. Peter is a scientist not a business man

6. Should have been the plan since miles joined the prime universe.

7. stronger how? And why?

8. It would be nice for him to at least have a camera around, since that was a huge part of his early careers.

#88 Posted by ursaber (9506 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, I was saying my opinion and then I was just replying some coment (that was even funny). I'm not any kind of hater or something I just simply don't like that a character must be happily married and have a family. I think that this disdain towards that idea started when DC killed new52 superman and replaced him with preflashpoint version, who is married and has a son who inherited part of his powers. But again it is still funny argue about this stuff with you guys.

Both Spider Man and Superman were screwed out of their families. Spider Man in 2007 with OMD and Superman with the New 52 launch. Once you have that there's no going back. That is the future for characters like Peter and Clark. For all their powers they want normalcy and they want family and the American dream. To take that away from them is something truly horrible.

Peter has been plenty happy as a single man but it gets super boring after awhile. One night stands, flirtations with other super heroines and dead end relationships are not that appealing whereas finding the one and settling down opens a better avenue for storytelling, drama and depth.

Besides you agreed that the Peter MJ marriage and daughter should return so were okay there. My beef was with Parker Industries and how he didn't earn or deserved it:

But yeah arguing and discussing this stuff is really fun!

#89 Posted by El_tio_este (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: I'm sorry dude, I really don't like the happy family picture in this case, nto because I find it stupid but because the only way I see this happening is erasing a lot of spiderman cannon again. If they could make a true mix both worlds...........

#90 Posted by ursaber (9506 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber: I'm sorry dude, I really don't like the happy family picture in this case, nto because I find it stupid but because the only way I see this happening is erasing a lot of spiderman cannon again. If they could make a true mix both worlds...........

Its been suggested that they merge Earth 616 and RYV instead of replacing one for the other.

The fact is, OMD crapped and changed over 20 years of Spider Man continuity. Changing just ten of some of the worst years, character development wise, is generous.

If these two universes were to merge, the point of divergence would be a BIG FAT NO to Mephisto.

The following alterations and accommodations would happen:

• OMD is Refused, Aunt May dies, Annie is born.
  • Peter's identity is restored via Doctor Strange, Iron Man and Reed much like in OMIT. The Parker Family settles down in NY afterwards.
  • Retained friendships with Daredevil, Black Cat, Wolverine, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Captain America, Carol Danvers, the F4 (duh).
  • MJ follows the same path as her RYV version, fashion shop owner (much more appropriate than a club owner for a mom)
  • Peter is either a celebrity photojournalist with high earnings or works in Horizon Labs with a flexible schedule to be Spider Man and Peter Parker with minimal trouble.
  • Superior Spider Man takes place but Peter recovers his body with the help of MJ and Annie.
  • Parker Industries was never founded. MJ never worked for Tony. Peter remained in Horizon Labs and is now a leading member.
  • Ben Reilly is brought back by Miles Warren but he is saved by Kaine who is now Scarlet Spider. Both Kaine and Ben end Miles as a threat without killing him, destroy all his clone research and hunt down every remaining clone ending them forever.
  • Regent Crisis. Dawn of the Spider Family.
  • Happenings of RYV. At this point the Amazing Spider Man book is handed over to Gerry Conway to continue telling his story in mainstream continuity.

In the end the marriage is restored and the daughter is finally brought back to canon. The timeline is fixed, meaning that from BND forward, Peter and MJ remained married and everything that happened afterwards, they endured it together as a family. Horizon Labs would be Peter's employment agency so no more poor Peter Parker.

This is what I would do. Sorry but I hate the idea of Parker Industries and how it doesn't feel like Peter. I mean Spider Mobile, Spider Cycle, Web Jet, Hyrdo Spider, its a carbon copy of Batman and it sucks.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
#91 Posted by thatguywithheadphones (19859 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one getting a early 2000's vibe from this cover.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
#92 Posted by thatguywithheadphones (19859 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah, guys you'd swear this wasn't a book by Peter David from these comments. C'mon guys, it's most likely gonna be good.

#93 Edited by ZariusII (5277 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure how I feel about the tables being turned and Ben having to need a "redemption" story when he would never have done what Slott made him do in his usual deconstructive manner...but I'm happy a lot of the Spider-toys are back on the table these days, now all we need is for the RYV Parkers to cross over into this reality, and they, Ben, Kaine and the web warriors can beat the tar out of 616 Peter and MJ, and maybe even Felicia.

#94 Posted by frogdog (5557 posts) - - Show Bio
@wowlock said:

So the whole Jackal thing ruined Ben...and now he will be even worse ? I mean the guy died in every possible fashion and now convinced that he should re-animate everybody, even though they will turn into freaking zombies in the end. Somehow he will escape in the end and be nothing like Ben Reiley the people love. Getting hunted by Kaine of all people.

I honestly have no hope for this, not after what Marvel did to many characters and how it tainted them to the point of me never wanting to read anything with them in it. Besides, we are at the Spider-overload for titles. I mean even Batman didn't have this much.

#95 Posted by Zwm210 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get why marvel so desperately wants to return to the era of the clone saga. Doesn't everyone agree that it's the worst era in Spider-Man's history?

#96 Posted by SpiderOmega52 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care what you say about his suit. He is my favourite Spider character. I hope they remove that smirk that was shown out of his mask.

#97 Posted by JamesSpiring (996 posts) - - Show Bio

@ursaber said:
@solid_snake97 said:

Peter Parker

Miles Morales

(ugh...can't believe Marvel just won't let her be) Spider-Gwen

Cindy Moon (WHYYYYYY Marvel??!)

Anya Corazon

Jessica Drew

Kaine Parker

Ben Reilly

No Marvel just no, it's bad enough that we have more than 4 Spider Women for some reason but now you bring back another clone?

Don't forget Spider Man 2099.

The roster needs to be reduced to just Peter Parker Spider Man and Jessica Drew Spider Woman. They also need to bring Renew Your Vows into Earth 616 and have the official and true Spider Family.

• Miles needs to take on another identity or go back to Ultimate Universe which has been revealed to survive but still not revealed yet.
  • Spider Gwen needs to disappear and the only thing that remains of her should be white hoodies reminiscent of her costume used on pedestrians and extras.
  • Cindy Moon at least has her own name and she has a popular following so she's not going anywhere.
  • Anya Corazon, don't know a thing about her. What's she doing?
  • Kaine Parker was awesome and under the Scarlet Spider mantle he's become relevant.
  • Ben Reilly, don't care about him anymore.

Ultimate Jessica Drew has been revealed to have survived, but not the Ultimate Universe itself. She was seen among other multiversal spiders in the finale of Web Warriors. She could've easily been deposited in another reality, like how Miles ended up in 616.

Anya Corazon was last seen as part of the Web Warriors, so she's now in limbo. She's the current Spider-Girl.

#99 Posted by batarang614 (188 posts) - - Show Bio

gonna go ahead and add my voice to the chorus of boos. Not really a fan of hipster style, and i don't know how you'd fit a man-bun and ironic glasses into the costume, but i always thought the tattered hoodie was meant to evoke the grungy fashion aesthetic of the early 90s, would be cool if they took it in that direction of emulating the fashion of today rather than this mish-mash of weird ideas

#100 Posted by Wowlock (907 posts) - - Show Bio

@zwm210 said:

I don't get why marvel so desperately wants to return to the era of the clone saga. Doesn't everyone agree that it's the worst era in Spider-Man's history?

Well OMD is universally hated too and we see how Marvel handled that. So yea, Universally hated ? Marvel LOVE IT ! Thats why DC is getting the upperhand for me. I seem to read more of DC than Marvel these days and the number of titles to drop from Marvel is growing with each stupid decision.