Annihilus Makes His Return to Fantastic Four and Future Foundation

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

November is preparing to be one crazy month for both Fantastic Four and Future Foundation, both written by Jonathan Hickman. Today, Marvel released another crazy preview for an upcoming issue.

No Caption Provided

We recently saw a preview featuring Galactus, this one of Black Bolt, and now this one featuring Annihilus. Seems like the poop will hit the fan in issue #12 of FF and issue #600 of Fantastic Four. What do you guys think this all means? Maybe it pertains to Johnny Storm? We'll find out in November!

FANTASTIC FOUR #600 (SEP110551)

Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN

Art by STEVE EPTING, LEINIL YU, CARMINE DIGIANDOMENICO, FAREL DALRYMPLE & MING DOYLE

Cover by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO

FOC – 10/31/11, ON SALE 11/22/11

FF #12 (SEP110556)

Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN

Art by JUAN BOBILLO

Cover by STEVE EPTING

FOC – 11/7/11, ON SALE – 11/30/11

Arevish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Arevish

Black bolt + the supreme kree intelligence, Glactus and annihilus.

And Hickman.

It will be amazing.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By fodigg

sonuva bitch i'm aboard.

Avatar image for 00mirageknight00
00MirageKnight00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By 00MirageKnight00

Galactus gets payback!

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

Can I get mah Mista Johnny Storm back nao plz!?

All the cool shit happens when my favorite character is dead....of course -.-

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MooseyMcMan

So is this the point when it turns out that the guy who is MADE OUT OF FIRE didn't really die?

If so, then just remember that I knew he wasn't dead all along.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Decept-O

Me likey Annihilus. Interesting.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By leokearon

Hurray!

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9  Edited By The Mast

I'm so glad you posted this with an unavoidable, spoilerific title on the main page. Really. I SOOO wasn't waiting to find out for myself who was returning and who wasn't.

If I went to the Marvel site I could understand, but come on. MAIN PAGE return spoilers in the title? You've done this before. Please quit it. You don't need to do that. If you say "Someone Returns: Spoilers Inside." that will still generate traffic to your articles. Why does everyone have to stop coming to Comic Vine's main page if they don't want spoilers? Am I going to have to stop using a website I love simply because of this?

mrzero1982pt2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mrzero1982pt2

marvel really knows how to let spoilers leak like a bloody dam!

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By KRYPTON

The Johnny dude is coming back, and just when the FF thought that things were going to end out bad, well maybe Johnny will be a pawn of Annihilus and be a villain, great change to the character.

Burnout1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Burnout1212

Long as Nova and Quasar show up in this with the silver surfer

jubeiyagyuX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jubeiyagyuX

@Burnout1212 said:

Long as Nova and Quasar show up in this with the silver surfer

THIS.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Very nice! Always have liked Annihilus. Sure is a great time to be a FF fan!

KasadyCarnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KasadyCarnage

Carnage could.

Shimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Shimmy

Hang on, didn't Annihilus get his guts ripped out by Nova?

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ArtisticNeedham
No Caption Provided

Maybe this is the series where we find out Johnny never actually died but has just been trapped in the Negative Zone with Annihilus and his armies, fighting to survive all this time.

crowncoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By crowncoke

My question is... who is in the containment canister he is holding? Could that be Johnny? I cannot wait to see how this story works out.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By TheCrowbar

Guys guys guys hold the phone... better idea....

Galactus, Annihilus, Blackbolt and.... THANOS! Make a new Fantastic Four!

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Powerzone789

@The Mast: calm down, it wasnt that spoiler and you would have found out anyway...jeez

Benuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By Benuben

Seriously? That's their dramatic, epic teaser line? "I don't think we can kill Annihilus." Why not "I am not completely sure we can defeat Galactus." or "This time, we don't have to necessarily destroy Thanos, without breaking a sweat."

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The Mast

@Powerzone789 said:

@The Mast: calm down, it wasnt that spoiler and you would have found out anyway...jeez

Listen, I don't care about your clear lack of care for having things spoiled. I don't like that. They should give people the option. Warn us that if we click we will get spoilers, then we can choose not to or we can choose TO do so. I don't want to know, and putting the stuff in the title gives me no choice.

Stop acting like we all have to deal with it. It's shoddy, ethicless journalism. I generally manage to avoid any and all spoilers/solicits. The only time I haven't is when Comic Vine does this. You don't care, great I do. Stop acting like I shouldn't because you don't.

stu630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By stu630

@jubeiyagyuX: couldnt agree more!

NyxEquitis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NyxEquitis

@mikeclark1982 said:

marvel really knows how to let spoilers leak like a bloody dam!

Aptly put.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LordRequiem

Bad guy overload. Can't Annihlus just stay dead. Surely having your spine ripped out can be left at that, unless Quasar wants another bash at it.

zombiejesusii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zombiejesusii

So is this the thing thats going to break the world? cause i was really hoping for a new overpowered bad guy... maybe it is a Annihilus-Galactus team up... i don't think Galactus would be on friendly terms with Annihilus, anyway, is it even possible to stop a team up that great, or is the entire thing going to fall on a reborn phoenix's or Franklin Richard's shoulders?

Would like to see a Johnny Storm hosting Phoenix though.... that would be cool.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By dernman

@The Mast said:

@Powerzone789 said:

Listen, I don't care about your clear lack of care for having things spoiled. I don't like that. They should give people the option. Warn us that if we click we will get spoilers, then we can choose not to or we can choose TO do so. I don't want to know, and putting the stuff in the title gives me no choice.

Stop acting like we all have to deal with it. It's shoddy, ethicless journalism. I generally manage to avoid any and all spoilers/solicits. The only time I haven't is when Comic Vine does this. You don't care, great I do. Stop acting like I shouldn't because you don't.

There was no spoiler Annihilus has been back for awhile now.

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By jordama

And here I thought this would have nothing to do with Johnny.

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jordama

@Dernman said:

@The Mast said:

@Powerzone789 said:

I thought that too. Didn't he come back when Johnny Died? 588 or around there.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dernman

@jordama said:

@Dernman said:

@The Mast said:

@Powerzone789 said:

I thought that too. Didn't he come back when Johnny Died? 588 or around there.

Yes and he was taunting Reed with Johnny's torn costume.

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jordama

@Dernman: I remembered seeing the Images. So was there anything about this that was a spoiler? I mean, I am not a huge FF fan, but I try to keep up with the state of the Marvel Universe. Nothing in there seemed shocking.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dernman

@jordama said:

@Dernman: I remembered seeing the Images. So was there anything about this that was a spoiler? I mean, I am not a huge FF fan, but I try to keep up with the state of the Marvel Universe. Nothing in there seemed shocking.

Nope there was no spoiler here at all.

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By fACEmelter88

Why was Annihilus adorable and toddler sized when he was showing off Johnny's uniform, but now he is normal sized and what is up with him?

hitechlolife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By hitechlolife

@Benuben said:

Seriously? That's their dramatic, epic teaser line? "I don't think we can kill Annihilus." Why not "I am not completely sure we can defeat Galactus." or "This time, we don't have to necessarily destroy Thanos, without breaking a sweat."

I'm betting that it's Val's line. After Johnny died, she erased the current problem the FF kids were working on and changed it to 'Kill Annihilus'.

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The Mast

@Dernman said:

@jordama said:

So, because they revealed that Annihilus was alive and growing in an issue a while ago...it doesn't mean this is a spoiler? Yes, it does. They revealed the return and storyline involvement of a major F.F. villain in the TITLE OF THE ARTICLE. That's a spoiler. Comic Vine has a penchant for putting spoilers in the article titles. It's a bad habit.

They should give us a choice.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dernman

@The Mast said:

@Dernman said:

@jordama said:

So, because they revealed that Annihilus was alive and growing in an issue a while ago...it doesn't mean this is a spoiler? Yes, it does. They revealed the return and storyline involvement of a major F.F. villain in the TITLE OF THE ARTICLE. That's a spoiler. Comic Vine has a penchant for putting spoilers in the article titles. It's a bad habit.

You obviously don't know what a spoiler is. The pic is an advertisement that Marvel themselves let out. It was something they put out for everyone for everyone to know because they wanted people to know. It wasn't leaked info. It wasn't a secret.

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The Mast

@Dernman said:

@The Mast said:

@Dernman said:

@jordama said:

You obviously don't know what a spoiler is. The pic is an advertisement that Marvel themselves let out. It was something they put out for everyone for everyone to know because they wanted people to know. It wasn't leaked info. It wasn't a secret.

Let me explain something to you, and for others who seem to not grasp the concept.

Just because Marvel play fast, loose and desperate with spoilerific solicits to market THEIR PRODUCT to impatient people who don't know how to enjoy things without knowing every facet of plot, doesn't mean journalists should do the same thing. It also doesn't mean that I am therefore going to inevitably be exposed to them. I have done extremely well to avoid any and all solicits, spoilers and plot details that Marvel happen to throw out because I steer clear of MARVEL sites.

It is poor journalistic ethics to not offer the reader a choice. Comic Vine aren't marketing Marvel comics. They're offering insight. If you want to read spoilers, they have every right to post them. What they SHOULD do is consider that not all of their members want to know the things Marvel are ridiculous about leaking.

To many people it ruins the surprise of reading comics, especially if you make a concerted effort to avoid such things.

It does not take a Herculean effort to not put spoilers in the title and, in place of spoilers, to WARN of spoilers upon clicking the title. Does it? I'm not asking Comic Vine to stop posting anything. I'm suggesting it's a bit crappy to keep openly putting info that people might CHOOSE to avoid, and put effort into doing so, in unavoidable article titles.

Maybe if you all learned to be a bit less spoiler happy then you might find modern day comics less predictable.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By dernman

@The Mast said:

@Dernman said:

@The Mast said:

@Dernman said:

@jordama said:

Let me explain something to you, and for others who seem to not grasp the concept.

Just because Marvel play fast, loose and desperate with spoilerific solicits to market THEIR PRODUCT to impatient people who don't know how to enjoy things without knowing every facet of plot, doesn't mean journalists should do the same thing. It also doesn't mean that I am therefore going to inevitably be exposed to them. I have done extremely well to avoid any and all solicits, spoilers and plot details that Marvel happen to throw out because I steer clear of MARVEL sites.

It is poor journalistic ethics to not offer the reader a choice. Comic Vine aren't marketing Marvel comics. They're offering insight. If you want to read spoilers, they have every right to post them. What they SHOULD do is consider that not all of their members want to know the things Marvel are ridiculous about leaking.

To many people it ruins the surprise of reading comics, especially if you make a concerted effort to avoid such things.

It does not take a Herculean effort to not put spoilers in the title and, in place of spoilers, to WARN of spoilers upon clicking the title. Does it? I'm not asking Comic Vine to stop posting anything. I'm suggesting it's a bit crappy to keep openly putting info that people might CHOOSE to avoid, and put effort into doing so, in unavoidable article titles.

Maybe if you all learned to be a bit less spoiler happy then you might find modern day comics less predictable.

The only one not getting it is you this wasn't just fast an loose slip. It wasn't a leak.

This was an intentional advertisement. They put it out because they wanted as many people to know as possible. It stopped being an a spoiler the moment they decided they wanted put that pic out there. This wasn't something that you had to go looking for like whats on sale part where you can see future covers this is something they themselves shoved in your face. It was a promo.

Something they put right there on their website. Something the give to other sites for people like you to see it.

You talk about news papers but have you ever read one. Front page big pic with the headline same thing.

You getting mad at this is like someone getting mad at a TV station for running a trailer for a movie during the commercials.

Only way for you to not know about it is to stick your head in the sand and not come to a site like this.

Just because you have to go to great lengths to avoid what marvel themselves are putting out there because they want everyone to know don't expect the world to bow down to what you want.

Because Marvel wants it right there where you don't want it to be so somebody will see it and go I want to pick up that book.

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jordama

@The Mast: In all honesty, if you don't want to risk being spoiled by them reporting on what Marvel is soliciting, I would suggest avoiding the site. CV has always tried to keep up with everything that is big news. You can argue that they could have put "Old Villain returns" but at the end of the day Annihuis appearing in this arc(?) doesn't seem like an earth shattering spoiler. It is a preview of upcoming events.

I think if comic book openly puts out information, it doesn't qualify as a spoiler. If CV did this for something that was leaked information it would be different.

I side with CV on this matter. But I am sorry that you feel like they did something wrong/annoying.

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jordama

I think everyone needs to take a breath really quick. One, two, three Breathe

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The Mast

@Dernman said:

@The Mast said:

@Dernman said:

@The Mast said:

@Dernman said:

@jordama said:

The only one not getting it is you this wasn't just fast an loose slip. It wasn't a leak.

This was an intentional advertisement. They put it out because they wanted as many people to know as possible. It stopped being an a spoiler the moment they decided they wanted put that pic out there. This wasn't something that you had to go looking for like whats on sale part where you can see future covers this is something they themselves shoved in your face. It was a promo.

Something they put right there on their website. Something the give to other sites for people like you to see it.

You talk about news papers but have you ever read one. Front page big pic with the headline same thing.

You getting mad at this is like someone getting mad at a TV station for running a trailer for a movie during the commercials.

Only way for you to not know about it is to stick your head in the sand and not come to a site like this.

Just because you have to go to great lengths to avoid what marvel themselves are putting out there because they want everyone to know don't expect the world to bow down to what you want.

Because Marvel wants it right there where you don't want it to be so somebody will see it and go I want to pick up that book.

Please don't reply to me if you're not going to read my initial post. You didn't get my point.

I never said, "Comic Vine should never report anything with explicit plot details." I said they should simply not put those explicit plot details in their article titles. We should be given the choice to avoid spoilers or revelations, not have them thrust upon us. They simply could have taken the journalistic initiative to have an ambigious title, with "SPOILERS INSIDE".

Would it have killed them? Would it have been that much effort? Would they rather fans of their site STOP coming here because they can't use spoiler warnings, or is it unreasonable to expect a little journalistic couth when dealing with this kind of thing? What I am saying is not unreasonable. If people want things spoiled or revealed, they can have it. Once seen, you cannot unsee, and that isn't fair. Marvel are marketing their own product, Comic Vine aren't. They are journalists. I don't read comic reviews on here before I've read the issue because I don't want it spoiled.

They give you a choice. They don't reveal anything in the title of the review, they use spoiler tags most of the time too. Is it that much to ask for them to be more careful with their main page article titles? Really?

I'm not asking Sara, Tony and the crew to lasso the moon for me, here. I'm asking for something very simple and very courteous, and it wouldn't hinder their journalistic expression at all.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By dernman

@The Mast said:

@Dernman said:

@The Mast said:

@Dernman said:

@The Mast said:

@Dernman said:

@jordama said:

Please don't reply to me if you're not going to read my initial post. You didn't get my point.

I never said, "Comic Vine should never report anything with explicit plot details." I said they should simply not put those explicit plot details in their article titles. We should be given the choice to avoid spoilers or revelations, not have them thrust upon us. They simply could have taken the journalistic initiative to have an ambigious title, with "SPOILERS INSIDE".

Would it have killed them? Would it have been that much effort? Would they rather fans of their site STOP coming here because they can't use spoiler warnings, or is it unreasonable to expect a little journalistic couth when dealing with this kind of thing? What I am saying is not unreasonable. If people want things spoiled or revealed, they can have it. Once seen, you cannot unsee, and that isn't fair. Marvel are marketing their own product, Comic Vine aren't. They are journalists. I don't read comic reviews on here before I've read the issue because I don't want it spoiled.

They give you a choice. They don't reveal anything in the title of the review, they use spoiler tags most of the time too. Is it that much to ask for them to be more careful with their main page article titles? Really?

I'm not asking Sara, Tony and the crew to lasso the moon for me, here. I'm asking for something very simple and very courteous, and it wouldn't hinder their journalistic expression at all.

OMG Your still not getting it. I don't know how many times I have to say this. It's not a spoiler.

It's an advertisement. Marvel wants ComicVine to put it right there for everyone to see it. They don't want it hidden in a spoiler tag because that defeats the purpose of putting it out there in the first place. It's why companies like Marvel establish a relationship with sites like ComicVine in the first place.

They establish a relationship of tit for tat. They give scoops and yes ComicVine helps market their stuff by putting it there.

It's why they made the damn promo in the first place. It's the type of thing they would send a poster of to a comic shop to hang on there wall.

You going to get mad at the comic shop? No matter how you put it you are in the wrong on this.

I don't like ruined spoilers either but this was in no way a spoiler. You can keep calling it a spoiler all you want but it's not going to make it one.

ComicVine has my full support in this.

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The Mast

Your faulty logic suggests that because Marvel put it out, it's not a spoiler. Someone else in this thread has already echoed my sentiment.

Marvel spoiling their own material to boost sales is still a spoiler. A gain of unwanted knowledge against your will is a spoiler. It's not a leak, it's still a spoiler. Comic Vine leaking shaky cam, illegal, copyrighted footage of the Captain America post-credits was a leak and that's why it was taken down.

Do not confuse leaks with spoilers.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By feebadger

@The Mast: An advertisement is not a spoiler. BEfore you shout at me too, i have read every word you posted here, but i have to reiterate what has been said, an advertisement is not a spoiler. BEsides that, if you did not expect the return of an FF villain that has been used 50 MILLION times in the past, then i think there is a far bigger problem at hand here. The story is all that matters. If you had been told the ending of that story, then that would be a spoiler. The aforementioned article though, is an advertisement. It is not a leak, It was intended to be released in this exact form. There is also a large distinction between journalism and reportage and in this case, i believe it falls purely in the reportage camp. Besides that, i don't believe that this or any website can cater to someone who so fanatically needs to protect themselves from any details of upcoming stories. That is an irrational request.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By dernman

@feebadger: Thank you.

VioletPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By VioletPhoenix

No wonder the FF and other 'genius level intellect' heroes aren't solving the world's problems, they're too frikkin busy trying to keep the world from getting destroyed every other weekday. Sheesh. Harsh.

neomantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By neomantis

There can never be too much Annihilus. Never.