AfterShock Comics Announces New Warren Ellis & Phil Hester Series

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Warren Ellis and Phil Hester are teaming up. AfterShock Comics has announced a new book with the two creators called Shipwreck. The new series will be released in October.

No Caption Provided

SHIPWRECK #1

Writer: Warren Ellis

Artist: Phil Hester

Color: Mike Spicer

Cover: Phil Hester

1:10 incentive cover: John McCrea

Dr Jonathan Shipwright, sole survivor of a very unusual and very secret shipwreck, doesn't know where he is. Seemingly trapped on an endless road, in pursuit of a saboteur who holds the key to his salvation -- or doom. Industry legend WARREN ELLIS joins AfterShock comics with this mysterious and captivating tale full of shock, secrets and surprises.

$3.99 / 32 pages / Color / On-SaleOctober 5th

John McCrea cover
John McCrea cover

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

I'm currently reading four Aftershock books and i'm enjoying them so i'll give this a shot. However, it seems like they're writing books for television so the story can move slowly which makes staying on schedule very important and so far that hasn't been the case with all titles.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By longbowhunter

Haven't read any of the AfterShock stuff. Might have to check this out. Phil Hester is one of my all time favorite artists.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@dd208 said:

I'm currently reading four Aftershock books and i'm enjoying them so i'll give this a shot. However, it seems like they're writing books for television so the story can move slowly which makes staying on schedule very important and so far that hasn't been the case with all titles.

Which four are you reading ??

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dd208 said:

I think a lot of companies or creaters just want to get it picked up for tv series and then let it go its own path. Not as important to follow the comics as closely anymore.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By DD208

@dd208 said:

Which four are you reading ??

American Monster, Rough Riders, Black Eyed Kids and Jackpot. After reading this weeks Jackpot #3 I may end up dropping it.

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By derf_jenkins

@dd208: those are the same 4 I am following. I'm feeling a little letdown by jackpot too, but I have a friend that insisted that I stick it out through a few more issues. He read something huge was going to happen. Idk...we'll see

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ellis writing? I'm there, just finished re-reading Injection and I'm picking up James Bond too. I hope this follows suit.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ellis writing? I'm there, just finished re-reading Injection and I'm picking up James Bond too. I hope this follows suit.

castlemania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phil Hester is DOPE!