Which movie Colossus was better: Bryan Singer Colossus or Deadpool Colossus?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Bryan  Singer's Colossus
Bryan Singer's Colossus

Deadpool's Colossus
Deadpool's Colossus

Which one of the movie Colossus do you like more: Bryan Singer's Colossus or Deadpool's Colossus?

For me personally, I like Deadpool's Colossus more because 1) He actually talks in this film. 2) I just loved his nice guy personality and his interactions with Deadpool and 3) He's pretty hilarious in this film!

jdnice11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jdnice11

Get the Hell outta here with this...This isn't even a contest! Deadpool & Deadpool 2 versions of Colossus are the best ones.

I just hope in his next appearance, they don't sell him short. I like the Gentle Giant/Calm Demeanor & Optimistic Colossus, but they need to make him a force of nature when he fights. Colossus is the one of the Strongest (physically) X-Men. He isn't a push over at all!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdnice11 said:

Get the Hell outta here with this...This isn't even a contest! Deadpool & Deadpool 2 versions of Colossus are the best ones.

I just hope in his next appearance, they don't sell him short. I like the Gentle Giant/Calm Demeanor & Optimistic Colossus, but they need to make him a force of nature when he fights. Colossus is the one of the Strongest (physically) X-Men. He isn't a push over at all!

Agree! Whenever Colossus shows up in the next movie, he really needs to show what he's made of!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

i hope deadpool colossus gets a romance with kitty pryde.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bryan singer colossus had like negative 3 lines of dialogue.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc8daab15c82
deactivated-5bc8daab15c82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't decide, I like both.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

As a Colossus fan, I think he’s equally terrible in both but I’m not mad though.

Deadpool Colossus gets points for visual accuracy—he has the size and look of comic Colossus. He also has the accent. On the other hand, he’s played as the straight foil to Wade, or a comical dope for both Deadpool films. Which is fine, I understand that that’s the point of DP, and it is funny. But I would like to see a serious representation of Piotr in the movies at some point.

Singer Colossus on the other hand is just meh. He gets like, what, a couple of lines of dialogue in every film and that’s it. I’ll say that he looked pretty cool fighting the Sentinels in DOFP but beyond that he’s just another generic X-Man in these movies.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheInsufferable

Deadpool's colossus had its flaws but it's still light years ahead of Singer's in every conceivable way.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While Colossus from the Deadpool films is accurate to the character in terms of scale and personality, he still looks like a big lumbering cartoon. The Singer version may not have been 100% on point but the actor doing most of the work with a little CGI added to him for his metallic body made it more natural and realistic looking. Also, Cudmore's Colossus reminded me of John Byrne/earlier X-Men versions where he looked more slender and was a more feasible height instead of just looking like a gargantuan, overly muscled mass.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheInsufferable

@cattlebattle: He was still pretty big in the Byrne era though. Maybe not Cassaday level, but still a lot bulkier than Cudmore.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: He was still pretty big in the Byrne era though. Maybe not as big as Cassaday era, but still a lot bulkier than Cudmore.

I am not going to mull through issues right now, but, I don't remember the Cockrum/Byrne Colossus being that ridiculously large. I mean, with the name "Colossus" he was obviously bigger than the rest of his team, but he wasn't ridiculously exaggerated like later artists would interpret as. That same note goes for most large super strong characters...like Hulk, Thing and Thor as well.