Four Reasons Why Colossus Needs an Image Overhaul

• 107 results
Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Of all the characters who need a updated look, Colossus is not one one them, he is one of the most iconic and original characters in comics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@pb023:

Me too aside being orange which my favorite collour, it looks alike good costume.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#53 god_spawn  Moderator

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHIN, BROTHER!! BIG C HERE HAS SPENT MANY YEARS FIGHTING FOR THE GOOD OF THE WORLD. I TAKE MY VITAMINS AND SAY MY PRAYERS SO YOU CAN SLEEP WELL AT NIGHT. I DROP THE IRON CURTAIN LEG DROP ON ALL THOSE THAT WANT TO TAKE OUR FREEDOM AWAY AND I HAVE DONE IT IN THIS BIG YELLOW AND RED COSTUME. AND ALL MY COLOSSOMANIACS HAVE STOOD BY MY SIDE FOR ALL THESE YEARS, REGARDLESS OF MY ATTIRE, JACK!!....SO WHAT'CHU GONNA DO, BROTHER!! WHAT'CHU GONNA DO WHEN COLOSSOMANIA....RUNS WILD....ON....YOUUUUUUU!!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
deathslash2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

http://nomoremutants.com/epic/

Iffeel like this is one of the coolest outfits that he can ever have.

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I always thought his costume was supposed to be based on the strong man from the circus. I don't like his costume. I looked like a bad ass without the hair. I would like to see him go back to the X-Force costume. I say this for me love of the character, I feel like he is one of those characters who writers just don't know what to do with him. Except for when he the juggernaut powers, his character has seemed aimless since Joss Whedon was done with him after Astonishing X-Men.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lordhuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Lordhuck

He does need a costume update badly.

Just let the guy wear real pants. Almost anything after that is details.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I liked the Evolution future costumes

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They just need to give him back his pants he had less than three years ago.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forget the costume. he needs to reestablish himself in the superhero community

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So can we expect this to be a new thing on Comic Vine? It was a pretty funny article.

CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Maybe we can ask some of the New 52 designers to help with Colosuss' redesign!

Seriously. He doesn't need a redesign. I'm tired of these redesigns of classics. They are classic and iconic for a reason. Leave them alone. These are superhero costumes we are talking about. They are weird and crazy and ridiculous cuz they can be. We don't need armor or realistic clothing or any of that bull. Just keep what is there.

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm OK with the classic look...Although, the Ultimate look is more fitting (no pun intended) for him. Either one of the two costumes would be just fine with me.

WizardofSmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By WizardofSmiles
No Caption Provided

This is the outfit in the new game for my phone.. This might be what they use nowadays.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

Things to reference with his new look:

The Colossus of Constantine, (Roman)
The Colossus of Constantine, (Roman)

Siberian Soldier (where he is from)
Siberian Soldier (where he is from)
More ancient Siberian soldiers
More ancient Siberian soldiers
Ancient Siberian Warrior
Ancient Siberian Warrior
Claremont's redesign
Claremont's redesign
NateHallinanArt's deviantart redesign
NateHallinanArt's deviantart redesign
Earth X King Colossus
Earth X King Colossus
Golem
Golem
Russian Mythology/Gods
Russian Mythology/Gods
Claremont's and Cockrum's original intentions with his costume and design
Claremont's and Cockrum's original intentions with his costume and design
His name came from Peter the Great and Rasputin
His name came from Peter the Great and Rasputin
His concept was to be a Russian Strongman according to Wein and Cockrum
His concept was to be a Russian Strongman according to Wein and Cockrum

"According to both Wein and Cockrum, Colossus was the easiest of the new X-Men to create. The international cast idea in mind, Len Wein aimed for the “Russian strong-man“ concept and, among the many designs that Cockrum had previously done, they found Colossus, who had the power to transform into steel. It was a perfect match. While Len Wein came up with the name Peter Rasputin (after the Russian leader, Peter the Great, and the mad monk, Rasputin), Cockrum slightly altered the visuals according to the Russian background, by making Colossus blocky and giving him a buzz cut. Very early plans had Colossus eventually become the new X-Men’s leader, explaining why he seems to be in charge of the team on the cover of Giant Size X-Men #1, but Chris Claremont took the character down a different road, turning him into a troubled artist with a severe culture shock.

For starters. Is there a mythology about a character who was a hero, died, was reborn, became evil, and is now repentant?

KomicKev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like his costume, no complaints from me. I think what Yost is trying to do in Amazing X-Men is give it the old Claremont/Byrne feel. With several of the original (all-new) characters there and not being overwhelmed with only a couple of newer ones, we're learning to enjoy our favorites again. The villains they are going up against and special guest stars (Wendigos! Alpha Flight! The Living Monolith/Juggernaut - - great!) are also old-school. Their costumes, I believe, are leaning toward giving us that nostalgic feeling as well.

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The cold war being over, does that mean heroes like Captain America should change their names and the colors of their outfits ?

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's not only one.

Aquaman

Lex Luthor Warsuit (Colour Change)

Dr Strange

Quicksilver

Scarlet Witch (Remove the head piece)

Batwoman (Same as Scarlet Witch)

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

This article should have been. 4 Reasons why Spider-man needs an image overhaul. I mean while i dont think Spider-mans suit is lame i think it needs an update like everyone else. Fantastic four as well. I was happy with there red suits the other day but then Marvel had to go back to those lame old boring suits from Jesus days. Marvel step your game up.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Majority of the heros need a wardrobe change. I can not stand seeing any of these guys running around in the underwear looking pants on... remember this is 2015 not the 80s or 90s.

Collosus needs some big bdu pants and a black tee... then call it a day

TieDyeBowtie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: He looks like a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure character...

...Excuse me, I have a fanfiction to go write now...

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHIN, BROTHER!! BIG C HERE HAS SPENT MANY YEARS FIGHTING FOR THE GOOD OF THE WORLD. I TAKE MY VITAMINS AND SAY MY PRAYERS SO YOU CAN SLEEP WELL AT NIGHT. I DROP THE IRON CURTAIN LEG DROP ON ALL THOSE THAT WANT TO TAKE OUR FREEDOM AWAY AND I HAVE DONE IT IN THIS BIG YELLOW AND RED COSTUME. AND ALL MY COLOSSOMANIACS HAVE STOOD BY MY SIDE FOR ALL THESE YEARS, REGARDLESS OF MY ATTIRE, JACK!!....SO WHAT'CHU GONNA DO, BROTHER!! WHAT'CHU GONNA DO WHEN COLOSSOMANIA....RUNS WILD....ON....YOUUUUUUU!!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I knew it was coming. It was simply a question of how soon.

luciferjonez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mat needs to get out of mommy's basement, get a life and stop obsessing over silly crap like superhero costumes.

hiddeninhell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By hiddeninhell

Personally, I'm happy with Colossus' costume as is (although, this is honestly the first time I've ever thought about it). I'm just getting really tired of this trend of taking superheroes out of their costumes and putting them in "more practical" outfits. I love the colorful, crazy spandex that superheroes wear. It's part of the characters. I mean, it's like if someone took away Indiana Jones's hat and bullwhip and replaced them with a helmet and a machine gun. Sure, it's not necessarily "practical" or "contemporary", but it's an integral part of the character's image and it's something I'd really rather not see changed. (btw, my rant is about superhero costumes in general, not Colossus specifically.)

I completely agree

"With everything that's happening, the things that are about to come to light, people might just need a little old-fashioned" - Phil Coulson (Earth-199999)

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

I honestly thing the dude should just be wearing pants and boots. Let the shiny metal man be shirtless. Give him a jacket he always wears open or something if you have to.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colossus looks great, it's a classic very super hero type look. Also "It Makes Nos Sense", this is comics, the looks aren't meant to make sense they're just suppose to be fun. Does Superman's cape make sense? no in reality it would get in the way. Does Spider-Man's costume make sense? no it's too colorful, in reality he'd never be able to sneak up on anyone and he's be a moving target.

That's what separates superheroes from other action mediums, the theatrical appeal and the fun.

I disagree. I feel Colossus' costume looks very dated. You can tell when it was made, and it hasn't aged well. I agree about Superman's cape, but I think it's more to convey movement when he's flying, and works from an artistic point of view. Spider-man on the other hand, has a rather practical costume. It's colorful for a very specific reason in my opinion. It illustrates his personality. Peter is bright and colorful, and so is his costume as a reflection of that. He also refers to himself as "your FRIENDLY neighborhood Spider-man". He doesn't want to come off as imposing to people and scary (like Batman, who operates more on stealth and fear). Also Peter sneaks up pretty well seeing as he adheres to ceilings and walls, and it's fine that he's a moving target with a spider sense. :)

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

The original is the best.

The others are ok once in a while.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

@saren said:

Sorry, but has anyone told Putin the Cold War is over?

no comrade... it was um... lost in ze mail yah.

Avatar image for antihero_jaymok
Antihero_Jaymok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I agree that since he's armored already, he doesn't even really need a shirt, But I do like the wrist bracers and the belt. Only, I'd say he does need to start wearing pants. Even Hulk wears pants.

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What happened to this costume?

No Caption Provided

This is the one he should be having!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

all the LOL's

FrankenKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think he should stick with that he has on. If it ain't broke...don't fix it.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I don't think that it's a great costume but it ain't a bad one either. It's one of those costumes that look ridiculous but fit the character they are about.

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

awesomex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for antihero_jaymok
Antihero_Jaymok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: Well other than hiding his "metal", I guess pants aren't that necessary for Colossus.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@idontlikebirds said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

Colossus looks great, it's a classic very super hero type look. Also "It Makes Nos Sense", this is comics, the looks aren't meant to make sense they're just suppose to be fun. Does Superman's cape make sense? no in reality it would get in the way. Does Spider-Man's costume make sense? no it's too colorful, in reality he'd never be able to sneak up on anyone and he's be a moving target.

That's what separates superheroes from other action mediums, the theatrical appeal and the fun.

I disagree. I feel Colossus' costume looks very dated. You can tell when it was made, and it hasn't aged well. I agree about Superman's cape, but I think it's more to convey movement when he's flying, and works from an artistic point of view. Spider-man on the other hand, has a rather practical costume. It's colorful for a very specific reason in my opinion. It illustrates his personality. Peter is bright and colorful, and so is his costume as a reflection of that. He also refers to himself as "your FRIENDLY neighborhood Spider-man". He doesn't want to come off as imposing to people and scary (like Batman, who operates more on stealth and fear). Also Peter sneaks up pretty well seeing as he adheres to ceilings and walls, and it's fine that he's a moving target with a spider sense. :)

Well if you want to use "Reflects his personality: as an excuse then the exact same thing can be said about Colossus. Also these are superheroes, the looks are meant to be dated by design, that's what makes them fun. If heroes keep letting their looks slide one day everyone is either going to look like they're pert of the military, or like Hawkeye who now has one of the most uninspired costumes of all time.

Avatar image for the_kid_lantern
The_Kid_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colossus is one of my favorites, and where his suit is dated it's no less iconic. I'd give him the wrestling look and just put him in pants and keep some red bits on his wrists or give him red gloves. It's pointless to talk how one suit is dated then go on to say Colossus as Juggernaut had a better look when there wasn't really much difference. Either go big or go home.

And NO to him being bald again. We already have a bald Silver Surfer and now Black Bolt is bald [probably cause Vin will play him in Inhumans].

~KL~

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Rickbarry

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Oooh yeaaah, brother. Those 24 inch pythons can't be stopped!

On a side note. The cover of the new Inferno thing gives him a cool look. Go with that.

Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Illuminati

cyanacheak07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By cyanacheak07

Honestly? Bring on the X-Force costume. For sure. If they can change Beast's PHYSICAL APPEARANCE three times in a decade, they sure as hell can throw some pants on the poor dude.

KeyKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Colossus My favorite Hero and I do agree he needs a new costume if he does make it be his orange wanted costume

Cytorrak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First off, I've personally disliked all the redesigns you mentioned. Iron Man's yellow and black color scheme looks terrible. Batgirl and Spider-Woman's redesigns are awful and seem to focus entirely on eliminating their femininity by reducing/covering up their breasts to appeal to backwards puritanical tastes and essentially assert there's something wrong with women for having large boobs.

Second, the bald look looked awful on him. I get that the his old haircut looks kind of outdated, but it works with the theme of his powers. The flat top adds to his metallic, robotic look. It gives him an iconic profile and works for him.

Third, the "triangle" issue has already been addressed, for decades now in fact. Yes, putting armor on him looks kind of silly, but rule of cool applies. Personally, I've always liked the look of red on metal, so I'd prefer to eliminate the gold, but just red would have people thinking he was still the Juggernaut, so probably the most fitting change would be to switch the red for blue, giving him the classic blue and gold color scheme so long associated with the X-Men.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

He doesn't need clothes. He can still use his organic steel form. =P

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men: DoFP film I think nailed a good look for his character and would just need a color change to standout a bit more from his skin when transformed. I also like that the film did away with the segmented metal look and made it true organic-metal (though my wife and I joke he looks like Metal Mario) vice an armored appearance. The hair, even in this film, I think works the best for his character as he's far more a strong, military-type (much like Wolverine) than the other X-Men and that's reflective in a very simple and clean cut.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#99 god_spawn  Moderator

Just give him a pair of jeans a t-shirt and let him go.

No Caption Provided

obiwanhomie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cdw101:

@cdw101 said:

I always liked his age of apocalypse costume.

Ditto.