Captain America: The Living Legend (Respect Thread)

• 64 results
Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Veshark

@captain_batman_ftw

Have you read the Extremis story-arc? I'm not being facetious, just genuinely asking, because I don't think you understand how Extremis operates. It's not like a Green Lantern ring - the armor's constitution isn't based on the pilot's willpower/telepathic strength.

Extremis isn't the armor - it's a virus that made Tony's brain into a hard-drive. And by being able to telepathically control machines, Tony's brain was directly linked into the armor and he could pilot it more efficiently.

But the armor itself is a separate entity. It existed before Tony was even injected with the virus. It isn't like a Green Lantern construct because it wasn't created by Extremis. Extremis simply allows Tony to telepathically control the armor, but he can't telepathically change the physical qualities of the suit.

If anything, I should be asking you to provide a scan that proves the armor's durability correlates with Tony's mind. I've read the original story-arc by Ellis, the following run by the Knaufs', Fraction's run, as well as various crossovers (Civil War, Secret Invasion) and guest appearances (JMS' Thor and ASM) that feature the armor. Nothing in any of those books state that the armor's physical characteristics are dependent on Tony's mind.

I can provide you with a link via PM if you want to read the entire Extremis story-arc online. Reading the story itself might actually explain things a lot better than a single out-of-context scan.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ultifan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone have anymore scans? This is legit the best scan thread I can find

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

The Hero of Hell: American Apothecary

Captain America (Steve Rogers) must first and foremost tackle the human frailties in a democracy that give rise to dangerous profiteers and maniacal terrorists that create general lifestyle turbulence, something that oddly stirs the human instinct.

Army of Darkness (Film)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abishai100: What?

I'm trying to wrap my head on just what the hell Jason Voorhee's and some DC villains, along with a man with terrible socks has to do with anything.

I get the feeling that your answer is going to further baffle me rather then offer clarity.

Dark-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't there a feat where it was stated he had the strength of 10 guys?

Ultifan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything else?

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: Where is the Gamma protocol door and motorcycle feat from ?

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: In which issue did Cap lift a motorcycle ?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just wanted to take the opportunity to show a pretty cool feat from Cap. If he really wanted to, he can kill a room of super humans quite easily.

Here he teams up with Jubilee to talk to some vampires, but when they don't listen, Jubilee thinks they're in trouble, but Cap decides to end it quickly and kills them all with one shield toss.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

final_kaoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems that all of the images from imageshack have been lost, have you uploaded those elsewhere?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f
deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@slimj87d: Thanks dude I really need this thread

Torrentio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Torrentio

@final_kaoss: Yeah all old imageshack images are gone. Some of the other ones too

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By slimj87d

@i_like_swords@progenitor@veshark@wolverine08@patrat18@cosmicallyaware1@cable_extreme@god_spawn@super_soldierxii@jokerpoker@thor_parker82@oceanmaster21@supremegeneration@the_real_seaman@indomitableregal@hollow_point@darth_wayne@captain_inverse@lubub55@onepieceverse@jaycool2 @jedixman@warlockmage@chronicplane@depinhom@jedixman@conner_wolf@king_hellstorm@veshark@jashro44

Spoilers for this week, warning. Showings are with Steve and Taskmaster.

If anyone is interested, Steve recently beat a well prepared Taskmaster by not holding back. This is pretty consistent to recent showings as the last time they fought in the NIck Fury Jr arc, they stalemated one another and Hydra Cap with less morals pounded Taskmaster.

Full fight below

Part 1 https://imgur.com/a/y400f29

Part 2 http://imgur.com/a/jlzDkOG

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is great!