Avatar image for oihooliganismoi
oiHooliganismoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By oiHooliganismoi

i ask this cause over in the marvel community on youtube this has been a hot issue i say he not superhuman other say he is cause no other human is like him, immune all sickness he never gets tired his, accelerated healing,  super felexes.... my arguement is ... thats just the perks of being
 the perfect HUMAN

hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By hdorman1

he is the absolute epitome of human form at this time 
i would say low level enhanced  

Avatar image for oihooliganismoi
oiHooliganismoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By oiHooliganismoi
@hdorman1:  see u said it the key word there .......Human not superhuman but Human
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Magian

He is as powerful as he can be without considered superhuman.

namorsubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By namorsubby

According to Brubaker, who basically thought up his own interpretation of  Captain America that many fans now consider comic law, he is superhuman. 

Accordiing to orginal intent/portrayal, along with normal intent/portrayal, no, not at all. 

So yes, I guess you would say it depends on who is writing him.
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@namorsubby said:
" According to Brubaker, who basically thought up his own interpretation of  Captain America that many fans now consider comic law, he is superhuman.   Accordiing to orginal intent/portrayal, along with normal intent/portrayal, no, not at all.   So yes, I guess you would say it depends on who is writing him. "
you said it best.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Ultimate Cap is super-human. 616 Cap isn't he's peak human.

Cry Caine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cry Caine

Captain America is superhuman in some areas.Not All.He is essentially peak human.His agility,speed,reflexes,and stamina aren't superhuman.His strength and durability are.What he has done with them by Marvel's own ratings in their handbooks suggest he's superhuman in those areas..if you look at all of the characters that are peak human though,Cap is neck and neck with them all on every level.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Not superhuman, he's just at the peak of human development.

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Calvin

Pointless
This thread his

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By PowerHerc

Peak Human.   

Being peak human puts ones attributes and abilities just high enough to make them SEEM superhuman.   
Captain America is at the peak of human potential.  Apparently, that looks superhuman.
Tank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tank.
@namorsubby said:
"Accordiing to orginal intent/portrayal, along with normal intent/portrayal, no, not at all. "
I don't agree with this. Even back then he was doing things above peak human status.
Zetto7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zetto7

I think that Cap should be considered as a Superhuman instead of a simple peak human, mainly cause his abilities and feats are much greater than any other none enchanted human. And that is without mentioning that almost everything about him (from senses, reflexes, strength and brain capacity) is about Superhuman scale, which should be more than enough for him to earn the right to be considered one. Specially if there are characters who are considered as superhuman despite that they only have 1 or 2 supernatural traits, while the rest is only about average/athletic levels.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has consistent superhuman strength, speed, reflexes and mental ability, due to the SSS. Therefore he is superhuman.

GrimRarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always thought of him as superhuman. The movies especially, in the beginning of TWS when he punches or kicks the guys on the ship, they go flying.

Ultifan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is ultimately a very old and worthless thread to comment on but I must state that when captain america was engineered to be who he is he was designed to be a superhuman, if marvel used the term superhuman people would associate him with strength to make earthquakes and speed to race bullets.

Captain america is a superhuman, we know this because of this scan:

Here is something I need to say, this was after steve made his recovery from being assassinated at the end of civil war. Captain America for the majority of his carreer was at the level of the best in history a little more a little under, ultimately the best in the world in every subject. Now captain america takes it much further having immunity to every disease. The description of his immune system sounds an awful lot like a healing factor (this surpasses the way wolverine's healing factor was described on the marvel wiki)

No Caption Provided

fbiuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing is remember that Captain America is considered "Peak" human, within the Marvel Universe. And Marvel Comics Humans are radically different than real-life humans.

For example, gods are real. Now that might not seem much but remember all the stories about gods. How hundreds of thousands of kings, conquerors, warriors and explorers claim divine heritage, as well as all those flood myths about how life was repopulated by single digit survivors.

Those stories about how humanity was born from blood/stone/clay/animal/whatever? Those are true.

Those myths are all true.

comic book humanity's DNA probably looks like some Lovecraftian abomination given all the magical shit the gods did to them.

And that is WITHOUT factoring the fact that Marvel/DC Earth runs on different physics than ours (for example in the DC Universe, there are apparently Six Fundamental Forces of Nature, one of them being frickin EMOTIONS) and Alien races regularly messing with them.

Comic Book humans are basically like Jurassic Park Dinosaurs. They are genetic freaks that just made to look human because their creators (whether they be god, alien gods, or actual aliens) like it like that.

Hell. For example, you know the Kingpin? This guy right here.

No Caption Provided

He punch Spider-man through a concrete wall. And is just considered a normal human in the marvel universe. '

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Alexander505

In his world not, he's not.

wahby17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think what people are missing is the fact that he's peak levels in EVERY aspect. Like i want you to look up the strongest man alive, and see how well he can do gymnastics, then look at the most agile and fastest human then see how much weight he can lift or how hard he can punch and kick. Cap is at the peak of every single physical attribute any human could ever possibly achieve. However in my opinion i think that makes him superhuman. No one peak human character is at the peak of every single attribute, that's why they stay classified as peak human while cap is at the top of every single category, not to mention how ridiculously fast his reflexes are, the guy literally said he sees faster when asked how he dodges bullets. Or the fact that his immunity system and metabolism work on a completely different level. The guy is a superhuman, he gets written a lot weaker than he really is most of the times. Look at the dimension z storyline and tell him the shit he did wasn't superhuman.

Torrentio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's superhuman. Been for a long time

Butros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's been called the next step in human evolution.

No human, no matter how well trained, should be able to replicate what he does.