• 70 results
Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America has gone through some changes. Back in June, it was revealed how his history and character have been altered. Unbeknownst to the Avengers and civilian populace in the Marvel Universe, Cap is actually loyal to Hydra, the terrorist organization. Kobik, a cosmic cube that gained sentience, rewrote Steve Rogers' past. He now follows orders from the Red Skull, although he is forming his own plans for making America a stronger and better place with Hydra's ideals implemented.

Maria Hill has just been relieved of her duties as the director of SHIELD. This opens the door for Captain America to push forward his plans for a Secret Empire, the upcoming arc unfolding in Marvel Comics.

There will be some spoilers from Captain America: Steve Rogers #10 and Civil War II: The Oath #1, both written by Nick Spencer.

No Caption Provided

Steve Rogers pushed for Sharon Carter to be appointed the new head of SHIELD. Because of the new SHIELD Act passed in Congress, someone the American public fully trusted needed to be put in place. The new law gives SHIELD immense power within the United States if a national state of emergency was declared. There is concern with the possible abuse of power, which is why many felt Captain America could be trusted in the position. It is believed he is someone who will stand up for the people and get things done.

Tony Stark suffered an injury during the conflict known as Civil War II. This gave Rogers a need to visit Stark in his coma and make his confession to his old friend.

No Caption Provided

Steve Rogers truly believes his plan to rebuild America is what the country needs. During Civil War II, an Inhuman with the ability to see the future showed Rogers what America would be like under his rule. With Rogers and Hydra in command, he saw children pledging allegiance to a flag with Hydra's logo. He saw reports of the American economy soaring to new heights. He also saw camps set up for those who were different and those who opposed his way. He also saw an army of Hydra soldiers assembled in front of a battered Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C.

No Caption Provided
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

The scary thing is, the heroes and the world trusts Captain America. By the time they discover what he's been turned into and what he has planned, it might be too late for them. The upcoming Secret Empire event will address the outcome of Cap's plan. The teasers suggest several Marvel heroes will be pulled into the conflict. We'll have to keep reading to find out how this will play out and whether or not Captain America will be reverted to his true heroic self.

#1 Posted by foxerdes (9860 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocket?

#2 Posted by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

Another character going evil for a big event. Heck at this point let him win, first Tony for cw1, then Carol cw2 and now Steve for secret empire that'll probably lead to cw3. Super villains in the mu are truly obsolete.

#3 Posted by Farkam (11983 posts) - - Show Bio

He is going to build a wall and ban inhumans from entering the Earth.

#4 Posted by Cagnazzo82 (226 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Contingency (8438 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

lol

Do Inhumans have anything to do with the upcoming stories?

#7 Posted by LDM (5361 posts) - - Show Bio

@mark_stephen: In fact supervillains are now the superheroes.

This is somewhat true ... and that kinda get me worried ...

#8 Posted by Bl00dwerK (957 posts) - - Show Bio

According to that picture up there Cap is stealing everybody's necks.

#9 Posted by iro (126 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

close. he's going to build a force field around the earth to keep out aliens refugees, so he can make earth great again or whatever... but seemingly, the inhumans are gonna be punted out from earth by something unrelated, since their new ongoing will have to royal family exiled.

anyway, it's a great day not to read marvel, I truly gotta say~!

#10 Posted by harlequinreala (143 posts) - - Show Bio

That artwork for the Secret Empire...Jesus it's ugly. Real ugly. I mean, look at Capt's arm and shield, or Logan and his weird arm. Maybe this is foreshadowing what's to come?

On another note, why do I feel like they're going to ruin Capt's character? I'm not even a major Capt fan and I feel this is going to end poorly. I truly feel for the Captain America fans.

#11 Posted by Eto (5132 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol if that promo art is gonna be the interior art for event...damn that's some atrocious art.

#12 Posted by phillip33 (3635 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this. Thought the oath was a well written prelude. Haters gonna hate but caps new story does intrigue me.

#13 Edited by Eto (5132 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for staticspeedster
#14 Posted by StaticSpeedster (2327 posts) - - Show Bio

Pls stahp.

No Caption Provided

U Marvle peple r mking pepe sad.

#15 Edited by Eto (5132 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by lordraiden (9662 posts) - - Show Bio

That artwork for the Secret Empire...Jesus it's ugly. Real ugly. I mean, look at Capt's arm and shield, or Logan and his weird arm. Maybe this is foreshadowing what's to come?

On another note, why do I feel like they're going to ruin Capt's character? I'm not even a major Capt fan and I feel this is going to end poorly. I truly feel for the Captain America fans.

I was going to use another word than ugly, but, yeah, was thinking the exact same thing!

#17 Edited by judasnixon (12663 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve Roger adds Steve Bannon to his National Security Council.......

#18 Posted by Bl00dwerK (957 posts) - - Show Bio

Just when you think Carol Danvers can't look any worse...

#19 Posted by lionman (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything with black bolt in it, im sold. I gotta see what happens to cap too...also i was hoping old man logan was gonna be gone:(. Hopefully some villains will be involved. Baron red skull maybe kingpin and maximus.

#20 Edited by sinikettu (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still trying to figure why any of those characters aside from the two Caps in the promo art would have a role in this event.

Avatar image for themultiversity
#21 Posted by TheMultiversity (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes said:

Rocket?

The Guardians of the galaxy are on earth currently, that's probably why.

Avatar image for scott_summers52
#22 Posted by scott_summers52 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't I say on an older post that this event would be hero vs hero? It pretty much is.

#23 Posted by foxerdes (9860 posts) - - Show Bio

@themultiversity: It was more of a nice surprise. I'd love to see him interacting with other Marvel icons.

Avatar image for themultiversity
#24 Posted by TheMultiversity (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes said:

@themultiversity: It was more of a nice surprise. I'd love to see him interacting with other Marvel icons.

Oh, yeah, he would make an interesting fit.

#25 Edited by judasnixon (12663 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve Roger bans all mutants from entering the U.S. for 90 days....

"Many mutants are terrorist, look at Cyclops, and Magneto. We need extreme vetting of their movie rights to make sure America is safe"-Steve Rogers

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#26 Posted by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

So Steve Rogers is becoming Donald Trump???

#27 Posted by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

Today on the CV News

Comic Vine users are triggered about a book that hasn't even come out yet. Remember that time people said hat the Steve Rogers Hydra Agent book was gonna suck. Then they took it back and claimed how much they liked it.

#28 Posted by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that marvel knows the difference between the two.

Avatar image for manmadeofketchup
#30 Posted by ManMadeOfKetchup (1207 posts) - - Show Bio

Today on the CV News

Comic Vine users are triggered about a book that hasn't even come out yet. Remember that time people said hat the Steve Rogers Hydra Agent book was gonna suck. Then they took it back and claimed how much they liked it.

That's not always true. For example, I knew the female Ghost Rider's book would suck, read it, and still thought it sucked. The whole they think it's bad but then like it afterwards logic doesn't always work

#31 Edited by Batvibe12 (5473 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve Roger bans all mutants from entering the U.S. for 90 days....

"Many mutants are terrorist, look at Cyclops, and Magneto. We need extreme vetting of their movie rights to make sure America is safe"-Steve Rogers

Lol! But I think it should be Inhumans they are technically refugees.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#32 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@ldm said:
@cagnazzo82 said:

This is somewhat true ... and that kinda get me worried ...

Sooo Dark Reign 2?

#33 Posted by ToRANBlAk (101 posts) - - Show Bio

So we will forget that it was because of Kobik and Red Skull Cpt. America is evil or they will really remove that and just go how far they will go?

also here is the real secret empire.

No Caption Provided

#34 Posted by El_tio_este (33 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by ToRANBlAk (101 posts) - - Show Bio

@el_tio_este: I know right the artist must have been told that he gets orders from disney.

#36 Posted by ToRANBlAk (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Today on the CV News

But who really liked it?

Here u can have it as well.

T
T

#37 Edited by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@trust_this_786 said:

Today on the CV News

But who really liked it?

Here u can have it as well.

T
T

Mostly everyone I've seen liked it bro and LOL

#38 Edited by ToRANBlAk (101 posts) - - Show Bio

@trust_this_786: I know its from invincible Iron Man 1 and i didn't like the issue and this panel bugged me a lot.

#39 Posted by MasterOfEvil (1671 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogers hires Norman Osborn as chief of staff. Picture that.

Avatar image for spiderhyphenman
#40 Posted by spiderhyphenman (110 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually clapped mid way through reading the Oath. Last time i did that was in Hickman's Avengers fight between the beard bros Thor/Hyperion and the beyonders.

Spencer killed it with this script. Secret Empire can be great if Spencer keeps it up.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for spiderhyphenman
#41 Posted by spiderhyphenman (110 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for staticspeedster
#42 Posted by StaticSpeedster (2327 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by Yassassin (7520 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That's some sexy villain talk; alright Spencer, you got me for awhile, don't lose me.

#44 Edited by skrillac (1 posts) - - Show Bio

This is sick! since when does the hero become the evil? What happened to Cap?

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
#45 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this like House of M? Maybe Kobik changed the world or something.

#46 Posted by doc4943 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want Cap to have a new job. I want him to have a new writer. I am so sick of having Cap books being unreadable dross since Brubaker left.

#47 Posted by Rubear (4643 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve Roger adds Steve Bannon to his National Security Council.......

Now imagine universe where Steve Rogers is Steve Bannon)

#48 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36465 posts) - - Show Bio

Make America Great Again!!!!

#49 Posted by BR_Havoc (1756 posts) - - Show Bio

Jesus so this is just another rehash this is Dark Reign all over again. Spencer is not going to do a good job with this, the only bright side to look forward to is once this crap story and mini series wrap we will get an all new all different all bullshit relaunch.

#50 Posted by justice teen (893 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh dont care. His character was never good imo, though I am interested in the aftermath