• 62 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Captain America is not the man he used to be. Back in May, it was revealed Steve Rogers has a past connection to Hydra and is loyal to the terrorist organization. This shocked and outraged many readers since Captain America was always a hero with big ideals. How and why Cap was secretly part the group he often fought was soon explained: a cosmic cube had gained sentience in the form of a little girl calling herself Kobik. She became close to Red Skull and rewrote Rogers' past and memories to make him the Skull's greatest soldier.

Captain America still appears to be the same person he was before. The difference is he now has a dark side underneath the surface. Red Skull ordered Cap to kill Dr. Erik Selvig, the cosmic cube expert who helped raise Kobik. While it appeared Rogers followed through with his orders, it turns out he may still have some free will. The question remains: How far will Captain America go to fight his mind control? There will be spoilers for Captain America #4 below.

No Caption Provided

Because Cap didn't kill Dr. Selvig, it appears there can still be hope for the hero. Perhaps he is able to fight Kobik's reprogramming and Red Skull's orders. Captain America normally doesn't kill his opponents even though he was a soldier in the war. He believes in instilling justice for all but simply is not the type that would kill in cold blood.

Selvig was surprised Cap went against the Supreme Leader's orders. Rogers believes he and Selvig can restore the glory of Hydra without the Red Skull. To kick things off, he brought the doctor to a lab belonging to the villain, Red Ghost. When Rogers arrived, Red Ghost ordered his three super-powered apes to attack. They did not pose too much of a threat for the super-soldier.

No Caption Provided

In a brutal manner, Rogers quickly put an end to the apes. This was a shock to Red Ghost, who decided his best course of action was to flee through a wall using his phantom powers while his apes continued to protect him. Cap stopped Red Ghost's escape which resulted in an arm and leg being severed.

Rogers then used Red Ghost to access the lab's computer system. Accepting defeat, Red Ghost tells Cap he should just leave him now that he has the information he wanted from his files. Rogers didn't see it this way and determined he also needed Red Ghost's silence.

No Caption Provided

We may not see Red Ghost's final fate on the page, but it's pretty clear what happens next. Killing Red Ghost is crossing a line for Captain America. He may be under the cosmic cube's control, but the fact that he's fighting the programing suggests there may still be some of his old personality locked away. Then again, killing the apes and Red Ghost is extremely out of character for the Avenger.

Regardless of how this story ends, if Captain America has his past returned to what it should be by Kobik, he still has crossed a line. There will be repercussions to deal with. If he continues down this path, returning to his former glory will become more difficult.

Avatar image for rustyshackleford
RustyShackleford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RustyShackleford

I'm actually fine with him doing something so out of character. He's not responsible for his actions right now and once he gets his mind and memories back in order he will be tortured by what he did. Finding a way to atone and forgive himself will be an interesting plot for the character to go through. Especially if he has to weigh the responsibility of getting back out there to fight if he thinks he can't trust himself.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

He killed Harambe!

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I haven't read Marvel in the last few years, so I may be way off, but sometimes I feel like they got a lot of readers just based on shock value and their headlines.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

yo this some walking dead crap right here

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By comicace3
Marvel to Cap fans be like
Marvel to Cap fans be like
Loading Video...

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

LOL that's incredible. I have to read this now.

Avatar image for child_of_the_past
Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What exactly is the issue here? Cap has killed people before and so have other heroes. He killed people during the war. MCU Cap kills people all the time lol.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow that's so messed up how could Marvel kill off Harambe like that, isn't it already bad enough that we dealt with his passing once?

Man0ftomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Man0ftomorrow

@child_of_the_past: I agree...one thing i know about Marvel is they do not commit to character changes too long...status quo will be back in a couple of issues....

jayose1215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jayose1215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the only disappointing thing would be if when this is all over there would be no actual ramification like superior spider man or superior iron man.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he is finally becoming interesting to me.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 137

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Wow, just....wow. Well at least it is refreshing to see the brutal side of Cap for a change, though I feel sad for the gorillas.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By brucerogers
@child_of_the_past said:

What exactly is the issue here? Cap has killed people before and so have other heroes. He killed people during the war. MCU Cap kills people all the time lol.

There is a big difference between killing soldiers in a war and brutally dismembering and presumably killing off a physical unimposing old man just for the sake of silencing him.

Now I can't go through ever issue of Cap to confirm this, but Steve, while a soldier at heart, has always avoided killing or crippling his enemies if he could help it. The same applies to his MCU version.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#18  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@child_of_the_past said:

There is a big difference between killing soldiers in a war and brutally dismembering and presumably killing off a physical unimposing old man just for the sake of silencing him.

Now I can't go through ever issue of Cap to confirm this, but Steve, while a soldier at heart, has always avoided killing or crippling his enemies if he could help it. The same applies to his MCU version.

Cap totally has the right to kill (and has done so) if himself or others are in danger. But there is a difference between that and killing a man as he cowers on his knees, that is an execution.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

This is very cool story I must say. We all know this is not real and it will be cool seeing how Cap will be a Nazi until they fix this shit made by Kubik.

RavenKingXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jim158

I like the new shield better now. I have not read this yet bc I am a Print Subscriber but I can't wait to get this in the mail.

ChaosInc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatepower6:Isn't that the point of big story lines tho. I meant Death of Superman or Wolverine.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually fine with him doing something so out of character. He's not responsible for his actions right now and once he gets his mind and memories back in order he will be tortured by what he did. Finding a way to atone and forgive himself will be an interesting plot for the character to go through. Especially if he has to weigh the responsibility of getting back out there to fight if he thinks he can't trust himself.

the only disappointing thing would be if when this is all over there would be no actual ramification like superior spider man or superior iron man.

Of course we all know they're not going to do that. They're just going to let Kobik rewrite all the incidents, or call in Mephisto and pretend this never happened.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel doesn't really handle repercussions. In my opinion this was done for shock value and in a year or two it will be forgotten and the Red Ghost will be back. Once it might have bothered me, but given how much of this junk has come out of marvel this is just a big shrug to me.

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatepower6: actually Nick Spencer is a pretty good writer. Imo. I even read some of his Cap. Sam Wilson and liked that.

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stellar421: @ultimatepower6: It's interesting that Maria Hill is kind of responsible for Caps. actions right now. I hope they address that with her before a reboot.

Avatar image for rustyshackleford
RustyShackleford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyshackleford said:

@superior_prime_maybe said:

Of course we all know they're not going to do that. They're just going to let Kobik rewrite all the incidents, or call in Mephisto and pretend this never happened.
HAHA! Hopefully they will have something other than just another easy out with Kobik, or Mephisto, or crab people or something. Not every story has to have all the weight of the characters entire history, but I love it when character building things from the past come back as a building block to make that character have more depth.
jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole Kobik story line is so much better then Civil War 2.

Avatar image for child_of_the_past
Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: I get that but with him being under the influence of false memories, it doesn't really seem like he's responsible for this. He isn't really crossing the line if he is effectively a different person with a different ideology and moral code.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This is the same damn thing that happened in Superior Spider-Man. It will have no repercussions it was done for shock value trying to drum up more press. It's pretty much all they do now.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn cap must be friggin tough now. He dispatched those apes like they were nothing.

Avatar image for allaboutmarvels
allaboutmarvels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

@brucerogers said:
@child_of_the_past said:

Cap totally has the right to kill (and has done so) if himself or others are in danger. But there is a difference between that and killing a man as he cowers on his knees, that is an execution.

Also, <3 Jon

xsbrx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By xsbrx

Very edgy.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I couldn't care less for Steve Rogers at this state. It's not that I have a problem with the Hydra thing, I just dislike the way he has been written the last couple of years.

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jim158

@phillip33: the new shield has a laser cutting edge. He has used it to cut through steel. That should make him pretty unstoppable.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@grey56 said:
@jonny_anonymous said:
@brucerogers said:
@child_of_the_past said:

Also, <3 Jon

<3

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jim158: i feel like hes stronger now too thougg he punched out a couple of the apes.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Caesar might have to think twice about starting a revolution.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder what the reaction will be when he starts killing heroes. Will anyone even notice?

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh great another Fantastic Four character has been killed. Also there seems to be less villains and more teen heroes nowadays, should be the other way around in my opinion.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh great another Fantastic Four character has been killed. Also there seems to be less villains and more teen heroes nowadays, should be the other way around in my opinion.

Well they're never going to publish the FF again (short of an issue or two now and then to save the copywrite) why hold onto the villains?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like this story because Captain Hydramerica is acting more and more like Ultimate Cap

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant_god said:

Well they're never going to publish the FF again (short of an issue or two now and then to save the copywrite) why hold onto the villains?

They might have another FF run but also because they could easily go to another hero: Red Ghost could have been a villain for Black Panther, Ant-Man (monkeys vs insects), New Avengers, any sci-fi hero really.

Sonny_Barbaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like this story because Captain Hydramerica is acting more and more like Ultimate Cap

If only LMAO

Millarcap was baayd ayss.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So somehow Kobik re-wrote Steve and he saw his parents get killed by Hydra....and yet he is still Captain Hydra ? WTF ? This whole thing makes no sense and it is an insult to Cap Steve....

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen said:
@mutant_god said:

They might have another FF run but also because they could easily go to another hero: Red Ghost could have been a villain for Black Panther, Ant-Man (monkeys vs insects), New Avengers, any sci-fi hero really.

Well it's not like they can't bring him back. A parking ticket in comics is more serious than death given the laziness of the writing.

Madripoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrimeEarth2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc: Peter dealing with Parker Industries that Otto built, Peter having Anna Marie in his life, Black Cat turning against him because of what Otto did. Sorry what was that about no repurcussions?