Wiki Data Messed Up?

#1 Posted by jslack (143 posts) - - Show Bio

There were some site issues over the weekend causing problems with logins, notifications and wall posts. Reports from some users/mods indicate some wiki pages remain broken.

If you guys can identify any broken wiki pages that might be resultant of this past weekend, post here, and we'll take a look.

#2 Posted by Cloudguy (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

@jslack: Not sure if this is related to one page but when adding associations to pages the order is messed up. Batman for example would turn up first but instead he's on the third or fourth page.

#3 Posted by jslack (143 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy:Not related to this particular bug, but another issue that's noted. There are some changes being done on data structure that's out of my control. I'm trying to have a permanent fix in shortly for the result problems. Tony has been identifying issues to me as well, so it's well on my radar.

#4 Posted by pikahyper (18457 posts) - - Show Bio

"some" wiki pages heh, every page created from 4am (estimated) 11/1/2015 to October 2014 is more then some :P

#5 Edited by pikahyper (18457 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy: this is specifically about the Top Contributors box, the Most Issue Appearances box, the Most Credits box, the Recent Issues box, the Recent Episodes box and the X appears in X issues ribbon, all the summary data for those boxes was lost for a full year before yesterday morning (for the third time since the relaunch).

#6 Posted by Cloudguy (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper@jslack Are you talking about pages like this, where they don't show all appearances? (Click some of the earlier issues)

#7 Posted by pikahyper (18457 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy: yep the Most issue credits and Most issue appearances sidebar boxes, all the other boxes I mentioned as well, I already sent jslack a sampler of example pages so I don't think he needs more.

#8 Posted by xens (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Was just about to post a bug report about character appearances (like this, where the page says 11 appearances, but only 8 show up when you click to view them all), which I guess is related to this?

Any idea what kind of timescale until it's fixed?

#9 Posted by jslack (143 posts) - - Show Bio

@xens: I'm hoping to have it fixed up this week.

#10 Posted by jslack (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Most data should be restored. There might be missing data from the last couple of days, but we should be back in a good state. Let me know.

#11 Edited by xens (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@jslack: Thanks :) Up to 9 out of 11 appearances (and 6 out of 6 images).

#12 Posted by wmwadeii (3325 posts) - - Show Bio

Supergirl TV appearances are messed up as is the new TV series Supergirl no contributor points.

#13 Posted by rubicon (46 posts) - - Show Bio

There still seems to be a lot of data that still exists but is not linking properly. For instance Alien Legion should appear in 66 issues but the Alien Legion comics tab only shows 14 issues. All of the issues maintain their data though. For instance, Alien Legion Force Nomad #1 still contains the team appearance. It just doesn't show on the team page

#14 Posted by wmwadeii (3325 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by jslack (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep, still working my way through. We have a lot of data.

#16 Edited by jslack (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Status update.

Restorations still running, and we are seeing data come back. Unfortunately it's a really slow process. It will take several days to complete.

I'm hoping that by Monday morning I have an update for you all saying it's done.

#17 Posted by rubicon (46 posts) - - Show Bio

How's the progress on the restoration going? It still looks like the information is missing.

#18 Edited by jslack (143 posts) - - Show Bio

@rubicon:What do you think is missing?

All of this should be restored.

#19 Posted by pikahyper (18457 posts) - - Show Bio

@jslack said:

@rubicon:What do you think is missing?

All of this should be restored.

I'm still seeing data consistently missing from all of last month and the beginning of this month, I haven't looked back further yet: Top Contributor boxes, Most Issues Appearances, Most Issue Credits, I haven't checked other types yet.

#20 Posted by jslack (143 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: Those stat items are different than the core wiki data items. Give me an example of a wiki issue you know about, that is behind on "contributor", "issue appearances" and "issue credits", so I can test the backup.

#21 Posted by pikahyper (18457 posts) - - Show Bio

@jslack: I'll email some examples later, my server died last night and I just got home with a new one and I got a ton of wiki editing to catch up on so as soon as I get a chance.