Users cannot post in threads or PM's

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've gotten a few PM's from users telling me they cannot post in PM's or threads. I figured I would make this thread for them. Apparently they keep getting an error, however one user seems to be able to post from there phone.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

Try clearing cache's.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Grimmwald

Likewise. I can’t post either, only from my phone. Otherwise I keep getting the “This value should not be blank” error. I already tried clearing my cache but nothing was resolved. And it’s a problem I’m having with all browsers on my computer.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems to be a recurrent issue. It was fixed for a few hours it seemed but it’s back. Once again, I can only post from mobile.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pikahyper  Moderator

@grimmwald: are you using any ad-blocking extensions or apps? I've noticed recently some sites being "crippled" by them, for example AdGuard AdBlocker made it so you couldn't read emails in gmail.

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: I am but I’ve already tried disabling and even removing them to see if they’re causing the issue but I still couldn’t post. So still restricted to mobile.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@grimmwald: weird, there shouldn't be anything that would make it happen in multiple browsers, are you using a VPN or proxy? what operating system are you running? I'm thinking maybe it is regional, like DNS isn't resolving files from the asset server, I'm guessing you can still see CV images in the browser? does the search bar work? if you can see images and the search bar works you don't have a problem loading things from the asset server. Are you using a laptop?

Grimmwald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: The issue seems to have been resolved once again so I'm guessing it might be an issue that's being actively dealt with by the engineers (or some issue with my DNS)? In any case, I'm not using a VPN or proxy, and I'm running Windows 10. When I was having the issue I could still see images in my browser, though I never checked to see if the search bar was working. And yes, I'm using a laptop.

For now it looks like I can post from a computer again. But I had emailed CV Support some hours ago, so if the issue pops up again, I'll reach out to them.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -43

The site has been under intermittent DDOS attacks for the last few days that may be causing some other issues with the site; or, alternately, the protections put into place to prevent the attacks may themselves be preventing some legitimate traffic from coming through. I'll keep an eye on these reports, though.