jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hello,

No Caption Provided

I'm trying to list all of Batman's stories in one of the blog I'm putting up.

I made an ordered list containing all the stories.

One of the element of that list is "Bamant: Knightfall saga" which contains a sub-list because this story has multiple parts.

Each elements of this sub-list contains more sub-elements correponding to the issues making up each parts.

After saving my blog here (see above) is how the list turned up. And this happened to other sublists to.

Thanks to look into it.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#2  Edited By cbishop

@jb681131: Hi, I'm not a mod, but I work with blogs a lot on CV. It looks like you're trying to do an outline style list? The lists just don't work like that here. You can do bullet lists...

• Point 1
  • Point 2
  • Point 3

...using the icon in the toolbar of the text box. You'll see "B" (bold), "I" (Italics), "U" (underline) "S" with a line through it (strikethrough), and then the bullet list icon. Right next to that is the numbered list icon:

1. Point 1
  2. Point 2
  3. Point 3

The best I can suggest for getting something similar to an outline type list is to use the Table function, and see what you can do with that. It's a minor inconvenience, but I finally just sat down one day with a text box, and played with all of the functions on the tool bar.

Edit: Oh, PS: I have sometimes seen where people typed something in Word or some other non-CV program, copy/pasted it over, and the formatting they used carried with it. It doesn't always work, but it has.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By jb681131

@cbishop: I don't know what you mean by an outline list.

In my exemple, the elements are just green because they are a link. I am just trying to do a list with sub-elements.

Many blogs don't allow you to shift right/left your list elements. ComicVine does, it should do it right.

Here is a live exemple:

1. element 1
  2. element 2
    1. detail 1
    2. detail 2
    3. detail 3
  3. element 3

Why when I edit I don't see a space between 3. detail 3 and 3. element 3, but once saved there is this gap ?

Another bug, harder to reproduce is why sometime the numberin gets all messed-up once I save as shown in my first exemple ?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#4  Edited By cbishop

@jb681131: Oh! Okay, I didn't completely get what you were saying! (And I didn't know that you could left/right shift the elements- good to know- I'll have to play with that.)

I'm not sure why it does the spacing thing between detail 3 and element 3.

With the renumbering thing in your first example though, that's definitely a CV thing. You can make a weird break in the list, and it starts renumbering everything after the break.