Searching for Characters function different?

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

Hi,

So I am going through Marvel's characters and I noticed that I can't refine my search to only male Marvel characters or the newest additions. I was hoping to add some characters to the wiki, but I wanted to see what was recently added so I can add characters that haven't been added from the comics I read today.

I also like to go through and find older characters then dig up back issues about them. Unfortunately, there isn't a refinement issue like this for any specific publisher anymore. Do I have to scroll through every character now? Is this function on purpose? Or is this just left out of the update? Am I just not seeing how to do it?

I would hate to think it is actually harder to go through the wiki pages. Can someone help me out?

LtSquigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2 LtSquigs  Moderator

While you can't refine down the male/female on the browse page you can refine down to the latest marvel characters that have been added: http://www.comicvine.com/characters?letter=&sortBy=new&___movies=&publishers%5B4010-31%5D=4010-31&___publishers=&___friends=&___enemies=&___teams=

As for latest/oldest character. What a good way to define that? Characters don't have a 'date created' in the wiki, the closest they have is their earliest published issue and their latest published issue. If that's what you mean it might be possible for me to add in another sort option to the browse page for characters for that.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltsquigs said:

While you can't refine down the male/female on the browse page you can refine down to the latest marvel characters that have been added: http://www.comicvine.com/characters?letter=&sortBy=new&___movies=&publishers%5B4010-31%5D=4010-31&___publishers=&___friends=&___enemies=&___teams=

As for latest/oldest character. What a good way to define that? Characters don't have a 'date created' in the wiki, the closest they have is their earliest published issue and their latest published issue. If that's what you mean it might be possible for me to add in another sort option to the browse page for characters for that.

Thanks!

I'm kind of irked by the male/female thing, but at least I can still see what latest characters have been added.

LtSquigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4 LtSquigs  Moderator

@doordoor123: I'm adding in a gender filter to the browse page :) Will be out next push

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By doordoor123

@ltsquigs said:

@doordoor123: I'm adding in a gender filter to the browse page :) Will be out next push

:D

YOU'RE AWESOME!

...thanks. :)