Problem with API access

boshuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

When attempting to get data from the API server it's very hit or miss. Sometimes requests will be responded to as expected, other times the server will not respond. Both scenarios can happen back-to-back. If there's a pattern I couldn't detect one. I'm afraid I'm an end-user, not a developer, so I'm not sure what exactly is going on under the hood.

Last time there was a problem the devs weren't aware of it until someone tweeted them, so if you're able to tweet them please do so.

cbanack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can confirm this bug. Calls to the web API (especially the /api/issue/ resource) seem to be generating "(500) Internal Server Error" after a few calls.

Right now I can't see any pattern to it, but I can confirm that dozens of users of my app suddenly started experiencing this problem within the last 24 hours.

I'm available to help try to reproduce this problem or confirm a potential fix.

@jslack: might be interested in this.

brianfia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By brianfia

I am getting the same sort of errors from scraping via ComicRack plugin. I can get maybe 5 scraped and then it errors out.

Monafekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same problem here. I get anywhere from 1-7 comics done before the error, and often none at all.

matthewlupo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can also confirm the same as @cbanack And can't track down a specific set of rules that cause it to error. Just sometimes it loads, sometimes not. I've had it happen as every often as 1/5 calls, others 1/50 (ish). Also, as @cbanack, the problem seems to have started in the last 24 hours.

Vhoreistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just chiming in on the topic as well. I get the error the same as others. The error occurs in the same fashion as if the scrape limit has been reached, but at around 10 or so books instead of the normal amount. It takes about 10 minutes for the now modified count to reset Very frustrating. Has something changed with the limit cap?

Thanks for any help.

boshuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever the problem was it seems to be resolved!

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 jslack  Moderator

A couple of things are going on.

First, we're pushing new site code, which has been having problems the last 3 days. Hoping to have everything cleaned up today.

Also, if you are sharing API keys, as in, using an app that uses a hard-coded API key, it will likely hit it's limit with tens of people using it.

Ping me directly if you see the issue agian.

Thanks.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jslack  Moderator

Is this cool now?

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: The moderators have worked out most of the issues, i think comic vine is more stable now.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jslack  Moderator

Yes indeed. We are increasing limits across the board. A new post is coming out about the changes. Thanks for your patience.